Author Topic: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports  (Read 37546 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 03:55:00 PM »
what does sean make currently 400k or something probably?  pay him $1.4 or something, bring Venzy back at D Coordinator pay him $2.0 mill.  Venzy gets to come home, doesn't have to be "the guy".  We get to do things the LHC Bill Snyder "k-state way" except only sexier.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 07:25:01 PM »
Venzy isn't coming to KSU for any non HC gig. Maybe not even for that. JFC.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 07:28:19 PM »
Brent makes 1,431,250 now. 2nd highest paid coordinator in CFB.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 07:39:39 PM »
Come to KSU as a lateral Brent!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 07:40:00 PM »
You could be HC later!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2017, 08:10:02 PM »
After Bill wins a Natty this year IDGAF if he he retires and hands the keys to Sean.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2017, 09:46:29 PM »
I heard a rumor from a players Dad's friend (I know, bare with me here) who asked me the other day, "so how do you feel about Snyder's son being the HC this season?"... I looked at him really perplexed and he came back with, "oh, I figured you knew that Snyder was going to step down right before the season started so they had no choice but to name his son HC... at least that's what "players dad" said his son said".... we all know someones uncles cousins dads brother who has a kid on the team, but figured I would pass it along.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2017, 10:02:49 PM »
I heard a rumor from a players Dad's friend (I know, bare with me here) who asked me the other day, "so how do you feel about Snyder's son being the HC this season?"... I looked at him really perplexed and he came back with, "oh, I figured you knew that Snyder was going to step down right before the season started so they had no choice but to name his son HC... at least that's what "players dad" said his son said".... we all know someones uncles cousins dads brother who has a kid on the team, but figured I would pass it along.

I found it odd that Bill went from pissed this got out to giving national writers the exact date of his next scan.  Of course, there's a 98% chance I'm reading too much into it with years of being conditioned to 2nd guess anything Bill says.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2017, 10:07:32 PM »

I found it odd that Bill went from pissed this got out to giving national writers the exact date of his next scan.  Of course, there's a 98% chance I'm reading too much into it with years of being conditioned to 2nd guess anything Bill says.

I still think Bill knows he is going to kick ass this year and will not be able to let that go.

My Prediction, Bill pulls a Tom Osbourne and tells everyone he is retiring right before big12 championship game. Katz win and get selected to CFP because how could your not give the purple wizard one last shot at greatness.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 08:02:57 AM »
Come to KSU as a lateral Brent!

That was assuming that he doesn't want to be a head coach.  It's a joke board.

Relax it's Tuesday, sheesh.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2017, 08:25:44 AM »
It's Happening.

^^^lol remember this freaking thing?^^^
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:54:16 AM by _33 »

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2017, 08:30:10 AM »
I still don't believe Sean will be the next head coach.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2017, 08:34:53 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised to hear Sean has been calling the shots for some time now.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2017, 08:50:50 AM »
It's Happening.

katpak silhouette in the shower always makes me :D

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2017, 08:51:46 AM »
It's Happening.

OMG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Functianalyst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2017, 09:23:11 AM »
"I have a strong belief and my preference is Sean," LHC Bill Snyder told ESPN last year. "He knows more about our football program than anyone. He runs our program."
That was last year, but I doubt LHCBS has changed his mind.  As many have alluded to about this on varied forums, he has never steered us wrong.  If that remains coach’s belief is there any reason we feel compelled to doubt he knows what is best for the program?   Do we all of a sudden believe he has a reason to undermine his legacy, just for ego satisfaction? 
Others have advised against it, apparently at their peril. There is a battle inside the walls of the K-State administrative and football offices that has raged for years, according to several sources.
I know that Currie was dead set against it, and that makes me think hiring Sean is the right choice for just that reason.  But I do wonder what does the “others” know that we standing on the outside may not be privy to? 
Along with the likes of Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden, a couple of years ago Snyder became one of the four active coaches ever inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.
Why these 2 comparisons were made gives me reason for hesitation.  We know how both ended which was not well, albeit Jimbo Fisher as Head Coach in Waiting did eventually get FSU back on the right track.  As also indicated, this program is so well run now, it could go 2 years without LHCBS at the helm assuming the person taking over continues to run the program in the right direction.

One final note on the article that should have everyone worried is the perils that this conference once the GOR agreement gets closer to the end.  The history of K-State football puts us in a precarious situations.  We CANNOT afford to take a step backward.  In fact if anything this program needs to be prepared to go to the next level or find itself in mid-major conference should the Big XII dissolve. JMHO

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2017, 10:32:34 AM »
As long as he wins.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2017, 10:42:07 AM »
Often, however, the relative is handed a position at a marquee program with a very brief résumé. This seems to occur more frequently when the head coach is a heavyweight and owns carte blanche within the athletic department.

Oh?

Though few like to acknowledge it, money is a big reason more sons are going into the business, particularly when opportunities provided by their fathers significantly shorten the grueling, itinerant, dues-paying process, as well as the unemployment risk.

It's an unbelievable cash grab opportunity for the Snyder family. Millions of dollars at stake.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article/In-college-football-coaching-fraternity-it-s-all-1181976.php

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2017, 11:31:33 AM »
The longer Sean sits in his current role and the more he talks, the more comfortable I am with it.  The role is more CEO than anything now.  The fact the players like him helps.  I think he's actually an affable guy that could do well recruiting.  If Blake turns into a good assistant DC this year, I wouldn't have a problem hitching the D partly to him as co-DC.

He's not my first preference, but if it happens I wouldn't revolt by dropping my higher donation tickets like I might have a couple years ago.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2017, 11:37:36 AM »
It would be fun yelling "damnit Sean!" after every single mistake instead of only after special teams mistakes.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2017, 11:42:58 AM »
I'll never forget being at a batcats game watching him get kicked out his seats for not having the tickets. I forget if it was the game I saw limestone at and got the tickets from puni

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2017, 11:52:55 AM »
The longer Sean sits in his current role and the more he talks, the more comfortable I am with it.  The role is more CEO than anything now.  The fact the players like him helps.  I think he's actually an affable guy that could do well recruiting.  If Blake turns into a good assistant DC this year, I wouldn't have a problem hitching the D partly to him as co-DC.

He's not my first preference, but if it happens I wouldn't revolt by dropping my higher donation tickets like I might have a couple years ago.

I agree, Sean running/managing a program is realistic and I think he can do well. That said, I still have concerns about Sean landing and keeping high quality assistant coaches, especially coordinators. As I look back at the demise of Prince, I think a lot of it stems from the fact that he couldn't keep good assistants/coordinators. I don't think Sean will have the same types of issues that would lead to guys leaving, but there still could be issues nonetheless.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2017, 11:54:04 AM »
it's not very sexy that is for sure

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2017, 12:00:06 PM »
if i can call up sean at 3am to dispose of a body, i'm ready to ride or die with him as HC

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2017, 12:14:24 PM »
if i can call up sean at 3am to dispose of a body, i'm ready to ride or die with him as HC
Pigs man. Feed them.