Author Topic: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports  (Read 37845 times)

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2017, 10:54:05 AM »
Agreed, if Sean wanted the HC job (and I don't think he does), he needed to go somewhere and be a defensive or offensive coordinator for a while.

really?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2017, 11:00:10 AM »
Agreed, if Sean wanted the HC job (and I don't think he does), he needed to go somewhere and be a defensive or offensive coordinator for a while.

really?

Really. If he was serious about head coaching then he should have found a way to do what every other head coach in this country has typically done and become an OC or DC for a few years to prove that he actually knows what he's doing and isn't just riding coattails. He hasn't done that so why should we believe that he's serious about taking over?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:06:14 AM by PurpleOil »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2017, 12:44:46 PM »

really?

Really. If he was serious about head coaching then he should have found a way to do what every other head coach in this country has typically done and become an OC or DC for a few years to prove that he actually knows what he's doing and isn't just riding coattails. He hasn't done that so why should we believe that he's serious about taking over?

he was questioning your assumption that he doesn't want the job.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2017, 12:46:10 PM »
Lots of people want jobs they aren't qualified for

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 21, 2017, 01:23:51 PM »

really?

if I was Sean and was being groomed to be HCIW why the hell would I go anywhere else

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 21, 2017, 02:18:58 PM »

really?

if I was Sean and was being groomed to be HCIW why the hell would I go anywhere else

Yep.  Sean is going to get the job.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 21, 2017, 03:15:41 PM »
It's Bill's to give to who he wants.  #familywood

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 21, 2017, 03:31:40 PM »
will we be the first P5 program to let a coach successfully install their son as football coach?  I can't think of any where else it has happened.

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 21, 2017, 03:46:21 PM »
Would have likely happened at PSU with Paterno and his son. But ya know, stuff happened.

Online OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 21, 2017, 04:02:18 PM »
The idea that Sean should go coach somewhere else is pretty dumb IMO.  He's going to get the job, no reason to put on a charade that we really care about his coaching skill level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 21, 2017, 04:10:37 PM »
We'll be good this year.  we were good last year.  our recruiting has been pretty good the past few seasons.  Invariably, we'll all start to hear more and more insider stories about how Bill wasn't even really coaching these last 2 seasons and it was basically all Sean behind the scenes running the show.  And enough people will convince themselves that this means Sean is a good enough coach and recruiter to inherit the program. 

this is how it's going to work/is working right now.   

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 21, 2017, 04:17:01 PM »
Quote from: Belvis Noland Ilink=topic=39284.msg1739458#msg1739458 date=1500671437
We'll be good this year.  we were good last year.  our recruiting has been pretty good the past few seasons.  Invariably, we'll all start to hear more and more insider stories about how Bill wasn't even really coaching these last 2 seasons and it was basically all Sean behind the scenes running the show.  And enough people will convince themselves that this means Sean is a good enough coach and recruiter to inherit the program. 

Would not be surprised in the least bit

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 21, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »

Well, yeah. There were those stories in 2012.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 21, 2017, 11:11:11 PM »
Do you guys not remember how terrible the last two years of Prince were despite the fact that he had an NFL caliber quarterback? Putting any rationale out there that he was fired for any other reason than completely sucking is ridiculous.

I don't disagree but the only major difference between 04-05 and 06-08 is that we traded a terrible offense for a terrible defense.