Author Topic: new AD Hire (next door neighbor dad looking guy from iowa)  (Read 115544 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New AD List
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2017, 12:54:37 PM »
mir and clams insinuating that there are not a ton of talented people in the K-State athletic department tree is annoying.

I mean, how much evidence do we need that K-State produces stud ADs?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2017, 01:00:10 PM »
I mean it starts with Veatch, right?

townie? check
former kstate athlete? check
already in the dept? check
probably mostly liked by people? check

official goEMAW candidate list below with top four in no specific order....

Hocutt
Weiberg
Veatch
Hamor
------------------------------this is the line at which we hate people below---------------------------------------------
Zenger
lots of other idiots

So, back to the Kansas State Family Farm. We had a good run I guess.
Why so blue? Word on the townie streets was that Veatch did A LOT of the heavy lifting on the fund raising.

veatch is far from ready for a p5 ad job, that reason enough?

Same for Hamor. jfc guys

they both have just as much experience as currie did when we hired him. what kind of experience are you guys looking for? oscar weber type? should we go try and hire the southern Illinois AD just because he's been an AD before?

yes, exactly my point.  hire a oscar weber type.

feel free to explain your point then. it's a big message board.

how much explaining does me not thinking he has enough experience take?  as much as you thinking he does have enough experience?  to your point, we have plenty of message board space, we can do this all day and night and i'm sure it would be productive

you:  he has as much experience as currie
me:  everyone here hated currie

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2017, 01:04:44 PM »
mir and clams insinuating that there are not a ton of talented people in the K-State athletic department tree is annoying.

your face is annoying.  i never said that there aren't a ton of talented people in the k-state ad tree, reflect back to my support for kirby.  simple fact is that i don't think veatch is ready. sorry to hurt laird's feelings

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New AD List (*now updated with top four candidate list)
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2017, 01:05:30 PM »
The only two legit people on the list are Weiberg and Hocutt.

With that said, someone needs to reach out to Kevin Weiberg and gauge if he has any interest at all, I doubt it, but at least pick up the phone and ask.

Dax-

can you speculate as to who is doing the hiring here?

Well, I want to think that K-State Hero (until further notice) Pat Bosco is one of the people leading the charge.   I also wouldn't be surprised if Vanier Jr. wasn't engaged on some level or possibly .   I could see Kevin Weiberg's firm being engaged (hopefully after we ask him about any interest).

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2017, 01:08:01 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2017, 01:08:59 PM »
Hocutt
Weiberg
Veatch
Hamor
------------------------------this is the line at which we hate people below---------------------------------------------
Zenger
lots of other idiots

yes. 100% completely agree with this.

If you have to go outside that list of four, you're not doing it right.

I literally can't think of one great athletic director who is at his/her alma mater or one good athletic department run by an alum.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2017, 01:13:52 PM »
Lynn Swann - USC

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2017, 01:15:58 PM »
:dnr: entire thread but the list is Laird Veatch and Chad Weiberg

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2017, 01:16:26 PM »
John Wildhack - Syracuse '80

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2017, 01:16:42 PM »

how much explaining does me not thinking he has enough experience take?  as much as you thinking he does have enough experience?  to your point, we have plenty of message board space, we can do this all day and night and i'm sure it would be productive

but nobody hate currie because of his lack of experience. people disliked currie because he was insecure and picked unnecessary fights with coaches that he should have been working for and trying to help as much as possible instead of against. I don't chalk his insecurity up to inexperience. I chalk that up to a personality flaw that I am 99% sure neither of the four candidates kk and I are talking about have.

I am completely fine hiring a younger, smart, ambitious person with ties to kstate athletics even though they have never been an AD. Do you only want people who have been an AD before?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2017, 01:19:16 PM »
There's not much that I'm less qualified for than naming/grading potential ad picks. I'm pretty impressed so many people on gE are so knowledgeable on the subject
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2017, 01:19:49 PM »

What evidence do we have?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2017, 01:19:49 PM »
Hocutt

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2017, 01:23:00 PM »
Lynn Swann - USC

I said good, he's been there for 15 minutes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2017, 01:23:52 PM »
John Wildhack - Syracuse '80

again, 15 minutes

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2017, 01:26:15 PM »
Jack Swarbrick- Notre Dame '76

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2017, 01:28:20 PM »
I thought Oliver Luck was pretty well respected.  Not "great" level maybe?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2017, 01:29:48 PM »
John Currie

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2017, 01:31:22 PM »

but nobody hate currie because of his lack of experience. people disliked currie because he was insecure and picked unnecessary fights with coaches that he should have been working for and trying to help as much as possible instead of against. I don't chalk his insecurity up to inexperience. I chalk that up to a personality flaw that I am 99% sure neither of the four candidates kk and I are talking about have.

I am completely fine hiring a younger, smart, ambitious person with ties to kstate athletics even though they have never been an AD. Do you only want people who have been an AD before?

people disliked currie for how he acted in his administrative roll, those actions were of an inexperienced manager
if given the option (which I have been given since it's my opinion), yes, i want someone with experience for reasons i stated earlier.
i happen to feel that our athletic department is a field of land mines right now and want someone capable of managing through the complex issues at play.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2017, 01:32:20 PM »
Mike Holder- Oklahoma State

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2017, 01:37:12 PM »

your face is annoying.  i never said that there aren't a ton of talented people in the k-state ad tree, reflect back to my support for kirby.  simple fact is that i don't think veatch is ready. sorry to hurt laird's feelings

I would prefer Weiberg, but what about him is significantly different than Veatch?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2017, 01:39:36 PM »

people disliked currie for how he acted in his administrative roll, those actions were of an inexperienced manager
if given the option (which I have been given since it's my opinion), yes, i want someone with experience for reasons i stated earlier.
i happen to feel that our athletic department is a field of land mines right now and want someone capable of managing through the complex issues at play.

i really don't think it was an inexperience thing with currie but that's just my take from having been around him a few times and talking with people who have been around him a lot. it's just who he is.

maybe i could interest you in chad weiberg who even though he hasn't been an AD has as much or more experience as some who have. 10 years at osu. 10 years at ksu. 2 years at texas tech. 22 years at three different schools all in the big 12.  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2017, 01:40:07 PM »

There's one!

Did he attend OSU or just coach golf, either way, he can count. So we have 3, Swarbrick, Luck, and Holder. Swarbrick is still only 62, he's been there forever.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2017, 01:40:56 PM »

There's one!

Did he attend OSU or just coach golf, either way, he can count. So we have 3, Swarbrick, Luck, and Holder. Swarbrick is still only 62, he's been there forever.

all three attended the schools as undergraduates.