Author Topic: Miracle in Manhattan Documentary  (Read 34539 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Miracle in Manhattan Documentary
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2017, 08:51:48 AM »
It was inspiring. The documentary records those years leading up to LHCBS as I remember the program. Yet I don't think it does justice to just how bad historically K-State had been in football.  To say K-State lost 30 games in a row was nothing new, it was expected. 

Which is why it puts a further explanation point on what LHCBS has accomplished and just how fragile the program still remains, by making the wrong hire post Snyder.

:jerk:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2017, 09:44:11 AM »
Can anyone honestly say it does a better job with a much bigger budget and 5x the length than fatty did in 10 minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2017, 09:57:13 AM »
Can anyone honestly say it does a better job with a much bigger budget and 5x the length than fatty did in 10 minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm about to go watch TBoKSF again

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2017, 09:59:44 AM »
Loved the old footage for sure. I could watch that stuff for hours. I was born in '87 and am not from a K-State family, so until now, I've only been able to read about how bad it was. Pre-Snyder video is pretty hard to find, so it was pretty insane to actually see shots of an empty stadium during home games, or an entire end zone full of Nebraska fans. Was also nice to see him branch out and interview more than the usual Michael Smith, Eric Gallon, etc. Those guys are great, but it was good to get some fresh perspective from other players as well. Doesn't sound like part two will happen any time soon, but I do hope it happens at some point. A few things in particular I took away from part one:

I've read a few variations of the Tulane story before, but wasn't convinced it was more than just folklore. Again, reading about something and actually seeing it for yourself are way different. Wonder if Dan even bothered reaching out to Parrish when putting this thing together.

I'd be interested to see what the other logo options were when players voted on the Powercat. I'm sure those are long gone, but I'll always be curious.

Don't think I'd ever heard the story about us getting cheered off the field in Lincoln. Also wouldn't have minded more info about the trip to Tokyo. Video of anything pre-1993 is pretty sparse, unless I'm just looking in the wrong places.

I know Snyder has always had an interesting relationship with the media, but some of those early interviews still caught me off guard. Guess I didn't realize how much he had to go to bat for his players in those first few seasons.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »
Yeah I gotta say, I really enjoyed it.

It's been said a lot, but fast-talking snyder was great.  A far, far-cry from his demeanor today.  Definitely had a chip on his shoulder.  I would have loved to have been following the Cats at the time, just so I could fist-pump when Bill put the FakeNews on blast.

Hadn't ever heard the Tulane story before.  Absolutely hilarious.  The Bo Schembechler story was great too.

My only complaint is that it wasn't longer.  I'd watch 12 hours of that stuff.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CATILLAC

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2017, 02:23:05 PM »
That was a pretty legit documentary, the emotion shown by the players almost 25 years later was awesome!!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2017, 08:56:20 PM »
finally watched it. good grief i want more. loved the insight from the old players, some of which i had never heard of before.

i really really hope we get more chapters. sounds like nothing is in the works yet. it's not quite as elite as i had hoped in terms of production quality, but that didn't really impact how much i enjoyed it. being a 30for30 was probably a pipe dream anyway.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2017, 08:27:15 AM »
i mean he's already working on Part II

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2017, 09:53:15 AM »
Yeah I gotta say, I really enjoyed it.

It's been said a lot, but fast-talking snyder was great.  A far, far-cry from his demeanor today.  Definitely had a chip on his shoulder.  I would have loved to have been following the Cats at the time, just so I could fist-pump when Bill put the FakeNews on blast.

Hadn't ever heard the Tulane story before.  Absolutely hilarious.  The Bo Schembechler story was great too.

My only complaint is that it wasn't longer.  I'd watch 12 hours of that stuff.

My thoughts exactly.

I wonder what years part 2 and part 3 will cover? I presume part 2 will go 94 to the end of his first go around? Part 3= Snyder 2.0?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »
I think he set his price too low
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2017, 11:11:32 AM »
That's unfortunate.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2017, 11:13:53 AM »
I don't think there is any place you can donate to. Only way to contribute is by renting.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2017, 11:14:35 AM »
Wait a minute. You can't purchase it? You have to rent it for 8 dollars?

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2017, 12:24:29 PM »
I don't think a 30-for-30 is out of the question. Giving the story I think at some point one will get produced once he retires. Having this MiM be the groundwork for one is highly unlikely.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2017, 12:28:12 PM »
I don't think a 30-for-30 is out of the question. Giving the story I think at some point one will get produced once he retires. Having this MiM be the groundwork for one is highly unlikely.

I'll bet anyone any amount of money that there will not be an ESPN Films documentary, or an ESPN Films Presents: 30 for 30 about K-State football or LHC Bill Snyder in the next 20 years

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2017, 12:29:45 PM »

I'll bet anyone any amount of money that there will not be an ESPN Films documentary, or an ESPN Films Presents: 30 for 30 about K-State football or LHC Bill Snyder in the next 20 years
Does "anyone" include the 30 for 30 programming director? I'm sure they'd take you up on that bet.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2017, 12:33:04 PM »

Does "anyone" include the 30 for 30 programming director? I'm sure they'd take you up on that bet.
oh yikes, i hope they don't lurk on this board.  :bang:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2017, 12:37:52 PM »

You can purchase it at a later date, but as of now the only way to watch is via renting.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2017, 12:42:30 PM »

You can purchase it at a later date, but as of now the only way to watch is via renting.
That's disappointing. Whoever was in charge of the money making side of this operation needs to be fired.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2017, 12:52:25 PM »

oh yikes, i hope they don't lurk on this board.  :bang:
I would forward it to them if you had any amount of money that they would want.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2017, 01:01:28 PM »
The fact that we're aware of the subject matter doesn't make the story worthy of a 30 for 30. Every 30 for 30 has subject matter very familiar to a sect of sports fan. It's just taking undertold stories to the masses. I mean the last 30 for 30 was about two dudes who do sports talk radio.

These 30 for 30's often get written and rewritten more than once before they air. The Mike and the Maddog one was it's third iteration, I'm pretty sure the KU one existed before it was aired on ESPN and was tweaked as well.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2017, 01:11:55 PM »
I would love to see it make it to ESPN, or any mass audience. I haven't seen "Part 1" so i don't know the quality of it and if it could be a base of something ESPN takes on, but if the quality isn't there, I don't think there is any film maker or director that would decide this was going to be their project. Something the other stories have had that I don't know if we have is someone with clout and experience who took up the project.

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2017, 02:13:23 PM »

You can pre-order the DVD through the Facebook page. The release date is TBD, but I've seen him tell at least one person he wants to have them shipped before the start of the season.

https://www.facebook.com/MiracleInManhattan/posts/1344264989006236

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »
I would love to see it make it to ESPN, or any mass audience. I haven't seen "Part 1" so i don't know the quality of it and if it could be a base of something ESPN takes on, but if the quality isn't there, I don't think there is any film maker or director that would decide this was going to be their project. Something the other stories have had that I don't know if we have is someone with clout and experience who took up the project.
yeah, all the og 30 for 30s were the brain child of a somewhat high profile Hollywood producer, director or what have you so we need Stonestreet to win an Oscar or whatever