Author Topic: Brod Smith  (Read 6918 times)

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Brod Smith
« on: May 06, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »
Heard from a GC local that Smith got a DUI after the spring game and then OB pulled his scholly.  :ohno: I call BS on the story. Wondering if any elite EMAW'ers know anything about this.

Always thought, Bill swept this kinda stuff under the rug? T-Gunn got one game suspension for running over a parking nazi

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Brod Smith
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:31:25 PM »
Bill would def. not pull a scholly for this kind of thing.  Bill is the king of not disciplining kids when they can help the team.  It's, like, my favorite thing about him.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:32:30 PM »
He's Michael Smith's nephew or whatever for eff sakes. 

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 08:33:01 PM »
yeah no rough ridin' chance.

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »
Hate when people say, "i heard it from a person who is close to k-state".   

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 08:42:45 PM »
i think we need a ...... "B.S." emotion. ( bullshit)
EMAW

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »
i think we need a ...... "B.S." emotion. ( bullshit)

:bs:  < ---here it is

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 08:47:06 PM »
did not know that. Thank you very much.
EMAW

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 09:03:43 PM »
heard the same thing.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 09:47:45 PM »
If (and thats a BIG if) anything surfaces; there will be a 1 paragraph blurb in the Merc which will be followed by, "All matters will be handled internally." the end.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 10:07:17 PM »
heard from insidery sources that there is nothing to see here...move along. Source C-.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 11:00:25 PM »
I have a really good source in GC, but since he's from GC. it means he doesn't know anything about anything :dunno:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 11:14:38 PM »
I have a really good source in GC, but since he's from GC. it means he doesn't know anything about anything :dunno:

Hey, Bill, eff you and your whore of a wife/mother.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 07:16:45 AM »
Heard from a GC local that Smith got a DUI after the spring game and then OB pulled his scholly.  :ohno: I call BS on the story. Wondering if any elite EMAW'ers know anything about this.

Always thought, Bill swept this kinda stuff under the rug? T-Gunn got one game suspension for running over a parking nazi

btw. keep posting stuff like this that you heard and don't be discouraged by everyone not believing it. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 08:29:52 AM »
Yeah, keep posting . . .  let the deciders decide if its legit or not . . . just keep posting.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 11:40:10 AM »
Bill would def. not pull a scholly for this kind of thing.  Bill is the king of not disciplining kids when they can help the team.  It's, like, my favorite thing about him.

Actually, Bill WOULD pull a scholly, as in "make you pay your own way," but he would not remove you from participation with the team.

This story is probably true, but not be understood correctly.  Brod is probably just paying the bill for classes this semester. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 12:10:35 PM »

Actually, Bill WOULD pull a scholly, as in "make you pay your own way," but he would not remove you from participation with the team.

This story is probably true, but not be understood correctly.  Brod is probably just paying the bill for classes this semester. 

I think you're thinking of last semester (which was BS)

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 12:30:30 PM »
All the news and rumors of players getting into trouble is really exciting me for the future of KSU Football. 

:lynchmob:
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline gato montes

• Fan
  • Winner of the 2011 "Where is 'Clams" Contest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 01:38:40 PM »

I think you're thinking of last semester (which was BS)

Actually I heard from my uber close to all things EMAW related source, whom I've never met nor talked to (Pete) that this is indeed correct. I also heard Brod might leave because of it.   :runaway:

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »
 :bang:
EMAW

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 01:49:31 PM »

Hey, Bill, shazbot! you and your whore of a wife/mother.

The truth can hurt, but time heals

Offline gato montes

• Fan
  • Winner of the 2011 "Where is 'Clams" Contest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 02:06:24 PM »
Breaking News Update:

This factumor is without a doubt true. But don't get your panties in a wad just yet.  I have another source very close to most things mundane that said HCBS has loaned Brod the money to pay for his classes. It's all gravy baby. MCMW

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 02:09:25 PM »
 :surprised:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »
Breaking News Update:

This factumor is without a doubt true. But don't get your panties in a wad just yet.  I have another source very close to most things mundane that said HCBS has loaned Brod the money to pay for his classes. It's all gravy baby. MCMW

:cheers: 

Business as usual for the old man.....Everyone take a moment out of your day to contemplate the good parts of LHC Bill Snyder.....I just did.   Atta boy, Bill.  Atta boy.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
The only reason Bill would use something like this to pull a scholly is if he already wanted to pull the scholly to cut dead weight (or punish E3 :cry:)
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."