Author Topic: IMPORTANT KANSAS LEGISLATIVE ANNOUNCEMENT (MID MAJOR RELATED):  (Read 8934 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT KANSAS LEGISLATIVE ANNOUNCEMENT (MID MAJOR RELATED):
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2010, 10:34:21 AM »
Perkins and John Currie, the K-State athletic director, said Tuesday that both schools were committed to the Big 12 and to each other. Currie said the Big 12 “will continue to be strong and viable.”

Perkins went out of his way to say KU wanted to stay tied to K-State.

“We have such great respect for K-State, and our relationship is getting stronger and stronger,” he said. “We think we have to be in the same footprint with K-State. That’s important to us.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/11/1940263/how-would-big-12-play-in-kc-without.html#ixzz0nm6mlu2y

He also fears traditional rivalries at the local and regional levels would lose their flair. That’s why, no matter what happens, he sees value in remaining in the same conference as Kansas.

“I think our two institutions are linked together …,” Currie said. “We have a terrific relationship at an administrative level with KU.

“I know our president and their chancellor are relatively new, and are both committed to working together proactively to serve our constituents. I know me and Lew Perkins have spent a lot of time talking together about things we can do to strengthen both of our institutions.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/11/1940170/ad-currie-says-k-state-ready-for.html#ixzz0nm6yKJ31

:facepalm:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
Which school is geographically closer to Topeka?  Check.
Which school consistently gets more money and resources from the state between the two flagship schools?  Check.
Which school has more influence in Johnson (gag) County, the mothers milk of campaign contributions?  Check.

You know where this is going.  Military contractors, General Myers, etc. is only a small part of the picture.  Sam Brownback is going to be having a lot more problems to deal with than conference realignment.

Having said all that, K-State has as much or more to offer than ku, so each school should go it's own separate way, which will probably end up bein the same way when it's all said and done...after all, who wants to split the relatively small number of TV sets in Kansas two ways?

I'd lay off clinging to ku, they don't deserve the artificial sense of superiority that gives them.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2010, 03:46:49 PM »
Nebraska's departure could trigger a Big 12 breakup, a troublesome scenario for KU and K-State. The two in-state rivals have become allies on this issue, with officials from both schools — Currie, K-State president Kirk Schulz and KU athletic director Lew Perkins — expressing unified support for the Big 12.

"What makes me happy and proud is that both KU and K-State have worked as a team throughout these meetings in Kansas City, basically as one voice," said Dan Lykins, a member of the Kansas Board of Regents. "I think that's helped a lot. Both ADs, Lew Perkins and John Currie, are working closely with other ADs. President Schulz gave a real inspirational speech at one of the meetings. I know he's very well respected among the other presidents and ADs."

If the Big 12 falls apart, KU and K-State will be looking for a new home. Wherever they go, Lykins said, they will go together.

"KU and K-State will always be in the same conference together," Lykins said. "There's not going to be a split."

http://cjonline.com/sports/football/2010-06-05/big_12_is_best_for_ku_k_state

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 08:12:05 PM »
Nebraska's departure could trigger a Big 12 breakup, a troublesome scenario for KU and K-State. The two in-state rivals have become allies on this issue, with officials from both schools — Currie, K-State president Kirk Schulz and KU athletic director Lew Perkins — expressing unified support for the Big 12.

"What makes me happy and proud is that both KU and K-State have worked as a team throughout these meetings in Kansas City, basically as one voice," said Dan Lykins, a member of the Kansas Board of Regents. "I think that's helped a lot. Both ADs, Lew Perkins and John Currie, are working closely with other ADs. President Schulz gave a real inspirational speech at one of the meetings. I know he's very well respected among the other presidents and ADs."

If the Big 12 falls apart, KU and K-State will be looking for a new home. Wherever they go, Lykins said, they will go together.

"KU and K-State will always be in the same conference together," Lykins said. "There's not going to be a split."

http://cjonline.com/sports/football/2010-06-05/big_12_is_best_for_ku_k_state
K-State graduate.  Wore purple to the KU commencement ceremony this last spring.  Now making sure KU sinks with us.  Love this man.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2010, 08:20:24 PM »
DanWetzel

Kansas and Kansas State must stay together according to state law.

They are probably the only thing stopping us from Pac 10'ing it up with the cool kids. 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 09:46:28 PM »
DanWetzel

Kansas and Kansas State must stay together according to state law.

They are probably the only thing stopping us from Pac 10'ing it up with the cool kids. 

God, I hate carrying them wherever we go.  Big 6, Big 8, Big 12...they follow us everywhere.  Like a bad co-dependent girlfriend.  That steals your treadmill and elliptical machine.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 09:53:18 PM »
BOOM!

Gerald Meyers is still carpet bombing mother fuckers....