Author Topic: Stan Weber Recap (810 Border Patrol)  (Read 48464 times)

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Stan Weber Recap (810 Border Patrol)
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2016, 12:33:24 PM »
Maybe I need to check the Extreme Football Insider Tidbits, but what the hell is wrong with Delton that he can't pass Hubener for #2?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2016, 12:37:24 PM »
Maybe I need to check the Extreme Football Insider Tidbits, but what the hell is wrong with Delton that he can't pass Hubener for #2?

We've discussed it somewhere, but there are some within the program that believe he'll never start a game at QB for K-State (Barring injuries, especially f Ertz remains healthy. Also, Skylar will move ahead of him at some point)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2016, 12:46:21 PM »
No way do the Cowboys go 9-7. No way.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 02:28:32 PM »
8-8 seems more Cowboys'y

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »

We've discussed it somewhere, but there are some within the program that believe he'll never start a game at QB for K-State (Barring injuries, especially f Ertz remains healthy. Also, Skylar will move ahead of him at some point)

With all due respect that doesn't have a damn thing to do with what he asked. If Delton can't pass Hubener on the depth chart he needs to change positions or quit football.

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2016, 03:08:42 PM »
To be fair, Stan basically said that if Ertz went down again he thinks Hubener would go in because of experience, but Delton would eventually be weaned into the position and be the starter by season's end.  Said he thought that was the plan last year when Ertz went down but then Delton went down as well.

Essentially saying that talent-wise Delton is the #2, but experience gives Joe the edge.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2016, 03:13:18 PM »

With all due respect that doesn't have a damn thing to do with what he asked. If Delton can't pass Hubener on the depth chart he needs to change positions or quit football.

Yeah, you're right... about all that... I guess

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2016, 03:28:44 PM »
To be fair, Stan basically said that if Ertz went down again he thinks Hubener would go in because of experience, but Delton would eventually be weaned into the position and be the starter by season's end.  Said he thought that was the plan last year when Ertz went down but then Delton went down as well.

Essentially saying that talent-wise Delton is the #2, but experience gives Joe the edge.

That is incredibly stupid.  No amount of experience can overcome how bad Joe Hubener is at football.

If Delton can't go out there and simply improvise his way in front of Hubener, then I agree with MIR that he needs to switch positions or transfer.  Hubener has no business even suiting up for this team.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2016, 03:31:43 PM »

That is incredibly stupid.  No amount of experience can overcome how bad Joe Hubener is at football.

If Delton can't go out there and simply improvise his way in front of Hubener, then I agree with MIR that he needs to switch positions or transfer.  Hubener has no business even suiting up for this team.

No, not transfer, quit. I love Bazooka Joe's heart but he isn't a FBS QB and not even a decent FCS QB.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2016, 03:54:34 PM »

No, not transfer, quit. I love Bazooka Joe's heart but he isn't a FBS QB and not even a decent FCS QB.

Maybe he can be a safety or something.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2016, 04:11:18 PM »

white Merton Hanks!  :love:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2016, 04:42:48 PM »
I thought I was saying that Delton should switch to safety if he can't beat Joe.  Maybe I wasn't being clear.

Joe shouldn't play any position.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2016, 04:44:01 PM »
Joe would be great at TE, but it's too late.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2016, 05:54:19 PM »

Have you ever heard Snyder say something like "we put him in the game because he is a talented playmaker even though he is not fully accustomed to the system"?

Just because Delton is #3 on the depth chart doesn't mean he wouldn't smoke Joe in game time performance. He just needs to memorize that playbook before Snyder will hand him the reins.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2016, 06:33:03 PM »

Have you ever heard Snyder say something like "we put him in the game because he is a talented playmaker even though he is not fully accustomed to the system"?

Just because Delton is #3 on the depth chart doesn't mean he wouldn't smoke Joe in game time performance. He just needs to memorize that playbook before Snyder will hand him the reins.

complicated playbook!  :curse:

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2016, 07:30:47 PM »

Actually Snyder said pretty much exactly that with regard to Bishop.

Admittedly, that was a long time ago.  I think he has a somewhat different philosophy now.

Or maybe Delton is just no Bishop.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2016, 07:36:59 PM »

complicated playbook!  :curse:

SLamur 2.0???

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2016, 08:29:21 PM »

white Merton Hanks!  :love:

OMG :lol:

Offline NeverII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2016, 07:53:48 AM »

If this was Snyder 1.0, we may very well have thrown Delton into the fire to start 2015. During his first stint, Snyder played a TON of guys in their first or second year with the program. Simoneau, Dyshod Carter, Jeremetrius Butler, Jarrod Cooper, Terry Pierce, Lockett brothers, Eric Hickson, and plenty of others were starting as either a freshman or sophomore. There was a naive part of me still clinging to the notion that Snyds still handled personnel decisions. I gave up on that during the 2013 season when he kept repeatedly saying after losses "Sams should have played more" or "we should have run Daniel more". The Dimel-Miller braintrust gives zero effs about playmaking ability. Experience trumps all.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2016, 10:33:16 AM »

If this was Snyder 1.0, we may very well have thrown Delton into the fire to start 2015. During his first stint, Snyder played a TON of guys in their first or second year with the program. Simoneau, Dyshod Carter, Jeremetrius Butler, Jarrod Cooper, Terry Pierce, Lockett brothers, Eric Hickson, and plenty of others were starting as either a freshman or sophomore. There was a naive part of me still clinging to the notion that Snyds still handled personnel decisions. I gave up on that during the 2013 season when he kept repeatedly saying after losses "Sams should have played more" or "we should have run Daniel more". The Dimel-Miller braintrust gives zero effs about playmaking ability. Experience trumps all.

We were much more talented during Snyder 1.0.  Dimel-Miller, by virtue of their terrible recruiting, have no playmakers.  So, yeah, 'experience' is more important to those guys.  If we had Bishop, Simoneu, Cooper, Sproles, Roberson, Newman, type players on the roster, I have a suspicion they'd be playing, experience notwithstanding.  If Delton had the skillset of a Bishop, he'd be our starting QB IMO.       

Offline Art Vandelay

• Fan
  • this guy...this guy fucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2016, 10:35:56 AM »

We were much more talented during Snyder 1.0.  Dimel-Miller, by virtue of their terrible recruiting, have no playmakers.  So, yeah, 'experience' is more important to those guys.  If we had Bishop, Simoneu, Cooper, Sproles, Roberson, Newman, type players on the roster, I have a suspicion they'd be playing, experience notwithstanding.  If Delton had the skillset of a Bishop, he'd be our starting QB IMO.       

It'd be nice if everyone would stop overrating Delton. He is solid but won't ever be able to do anything spectacular in our offense. Thompson is going to be our star going forward and I'm really hoping he gets a legit shot next year and the coaches don't just try to throw in the more experienced guy for the more talented one.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2016, 02:22:57 PM »

It'd be nice if everyone would stop overrating Delton. He is solid but won't ever be able to do anything spectacular in our offense. Thompson is going to be our star going forward and I'm really hoping he gets a legit shot next year and the coaches don't just try to throw in the more experienced guy for the more talented one.

LOL @ the idea this won't happen.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2016, 04:24:02 PM »

Who the hell is overrating Delton? The bar for him has pretty much always been to be better than Ertz and Hubener. Why are you overrating Thompson?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2016, 04:27:29 PM »
I would like to see how good Ertz is before I root for Delton to take over.