Author Topic: Snyder on Petro  (Read 5804 times)

catzacker

Re: Snyder on Petro
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 08:41:46 AM »
A couple of things:

1 - we were good and not good under snyder because of talent, not the schedule. 
2 - whether snyds wants to schedule like he did in his first go around, fine, I guess.  My personal opinion is that if you think 2 for 1's with mid major-ish teams are a better deal than home/home's with BCS teams you're f'd in the head.  I mean, fresno and marshall were just about the stupidest series we've ever entered into.  But right now, bill has to suck it up and be the guy that managed this program through those "tough" games (isn't that what calming the f'ing waters is all about?). We can't afford to buy those games out.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 08:51:27 AM »
QUIT SPENDING OUR MONEY BILL!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 09:08:18 AM »
A couple of things:

2 - whether snyds wants to schedule like he did in his first go around, fine, I guess.  My personal opinion is that if you think 2 for 1's with mid major-ish teams are a better deal than home/home's with BCS teams you're f'd in the head.  I mean, fresno and marshall were just about the stupidest series we've ever entered into.  But right now, bill has to suck it up and be the guy that managed this program through those "tough" games (isn't that what calming the f'ing waters is all about?). We can't afford to buy those games out.

This is a good point. If you're gonna schedule non-BCS schools, make sure they're the terrible ones that you'll for sure beat. There's nothing to gain from scheduling teams like Fresno, since you get little credit from beating them and look terrible if/when you lose to them.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 11:00:18 AM »

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 12:29:09 PM »
A couple of things:

This is a good point. If you're gonna schedule non-BCS schools, make sure they're the terrible ones that you'll for sure beat. There's nothing to gain from scheduling teams like Fresno, since you get little credit from beating them and look terrible if/when you lose to them.

They didn't get this memo when they scheduled the home and home with UCF.  Going to Orlando for the return game will be fun, but there's not much to be gained through the series.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 12:32:19 PM »
A couple of things:

IMO, better to schedule BCS scrubs than high mid-majors.  Would rather play NC State, Washington State, or Mississippi State than Nevada, Fresno, or Toledo.  Probably get more money for doing it, don't get shady mid-major refs, and have a better chance of winning.

The reality is this:

With 4 OOC's one of them is going to be on the road.  That road game should be against someone that's gonna pay you money (this can be the U or Oregon, etc.).  Because you can only schedule 1 FCS (1-AA) team for bowl eligibility purposes you WANT two sh*tty FBS schools to come to your house.  There are less sh*tty FBS (1A) teams to pass around like drunk G-Phi's b/c now everyone WANTS 3 of these.  Those schools are going to whore themselves out to the highest bidder.  At this point, unless you have the coin (we don't for well documented reasons), you're gonna get stuck with a high-mid-major or another BCS school both wanting a home-and-home.  Once Snyder comes to this realization he'll understand he doesn't have much a choice, and playing two tough OOC's ain't bad as long as one is at home.  He might as well just start hoping all the games get scheduled at 1:10pm

Its a numbers thing

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »
A couple of things:

IMO, better to schedule BCS scrubs than high mid-majors.  Would rather play NC State, Washington State, or Mississippi State than Nevada, Fresno, or Toledo.  Probably get more money for doing it, don't get shady mid-major refs, and have a better chance of winning.

The reality is this:

With 4 OOC's one of them is going to be on the road.  That road game should be against someone that's gonna pay you money (this can be the U or Oregon, etc.).  Because you can only schedule 1 FCS (1-AA) team for bowl eligibility purposes you WANT two sh*tty FBS schools to come to your house.  There are less sh*tty FBS (1A) teams to pass around like drunk G-Phi's b/c now everyone WANTS 3 of these.  Those schools are going to whore themselves out to the highest bidder.  At this point, unless you have the coin (we don't for well documented reasons), you're gonna get stuck with a high-mid-major or another BCS school both wanting a home-and-home.  Once Snyder comes to this realization he'll understand he doesn't have much a choice, and playing two tough OOC's ain't bad as long as one is at home.  He might as well just start hoping all the games get scheduled at 1:10pm

Its a numbers thing

i like the north texas and upcoming ucf games. yeah they are road games...but they are road games against teams that we can beat and in good locations. denton is easy for a bunch of fans to get to and orlando is in florida. both great scheduling. basically mini bowl games already in the schedule for when we don't make it to a bowl.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:43:33 PM by Rick Daris »

Sugar Dick

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 01:38:03 PM »
A couple of things:

IMO, better to schedule BCS scrubs than high mid-majors.  Would rather play NC State, Washington State, or Mississippi State than Nevada, Fresno, or Toledo.  Probably get more money for doing it, don't get shady mid-major refs, and have a better chance of winning.

The reality is this:

With 4 OOC's one of them is going to be on the road.  That road game should be against someone that's gonna pay you money (this can be the U or Oregon, etc.).  Because you can only schedule 1 FCS (1-AA) team for bowl eligibility purposes you WANT two sh*tty FBS schools to come to your house.  There are less sh*tty FBS (1A) teams to pass around like drunk G-Phi's b/c now everyone WANTS 3 of these.  Those schools are going to whore themselves out to the highest bidder.  At this point, unless you have the coin (we don't for well documented reasons), you're gonna get stuck with a high-mid-major or another BCS school both wanting a home-and-home.  Once Snyder comes to this realization he'll understand he doesn't have much a choice, and playing two tough OOC's ain't bad as long as one is at home.  He might as well just start hoping all the games get scheduled at 1:10pm

Its a numbers thing

i like the north texas and upcoming ucf games. yeah they are road games...but they are road games against teams that we can beat and in good locations. denton is easy for a bunch of fans to get to and orlando is in florida. both great scheduling. basically mini bowl games already in the schedule for when we don't make it to a bowl.

this

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 02:01:37 PM »

IMO, better to schedule BCS scrubs than high mid-majors.  Would rather play NC State, Washington State, or Mississippi State than Nevada, Fresno, or Toledo.  Probably get more money for doing it, don't get shady mid-major refs, and have a better chance of winning.

The reality is this:

With 4 OOC's one of them is going to be on the road.  That road game should be against someone that's gonna pay you money (this can be the U or Oregon, etc.).  Because you can only schedule 1 FCS (1-AA) team for bowl eligibility purposes you WANT two sh*tty FBS schools to come to your house.  There are less sh*tty FBS (1A) teams to pass around like drunk G-Phi's b/c now everyone WANTS 3 of these.  Those schools are going to whore themselves out to the highest bidder.  At this point, unless you have the coin (we don't for well documented reasons), you're gonna get stuck with a high-mid-major or another BCS school both wanting a home-and-home.  Once Snyder comes to this realization he'll understand he doesn't have much a choice, and playing two tough OOC's ain't bad as long as one is at home.  He might as well just start hoping all the games get scheduled at 1:10pm

Its a numbers thing

I actually think KSU makes more money off 2 for 1 with Sun Belt teams vs home and homes with BCS schools.  In both cases, you get home games where you do not have to pay any guarantee but over a 6 year time period, you would get 4 home games out 2 for 1 one and only 3 from home and homes.

Although, it is more likely you get additional dough from TV from a BCS home and home, I doubt it is enough to offset the lost home game (around $500k, anybody confirm?)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 03:08:26 PM »
A couple of things:

The reality is this:

Its a numbers thing

Yeah, I would def consider flying to the Orlando game.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Sugar Dick

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 04:50:56 PM »

The reality is this:

Its a numbers thing

I actually think KSU makes more money off 2 for 1 with Sun Belt teams vs home and homes with BCS schools.  In both cases, you get home games where you do not have to pay any guarantee but over a 6 year time period, you would get 4 home games out 2 for 1 one and only 3 from home and homes.

Although, it is more likely you get additional dough from TV from a BCS home and home, I doubt it is enough to offset the lost home game (around $500k, anybody confirm?)

The only thing that matters is TV.  I'm guessing a decent chunk of whatever they turn at the gate ends up paying the visitor to show up