Author Topic: Did Lew Perkins use any KY or other lube before he bent over all the ku fan??  (Read 2544 times)

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
http://cjonline.com/sports/2010-03-30/colleges_mortgage_top_seats

LAWRENCE — Season ticket holders know the annual lament. The cost of prime seats keeps rising, even if the team is lousy.
   :lol:

Still, problems remain. The Gridiron Club's planned opening for the 2010 season has been delayed since the school has only been able to raise about $5 million of the needed $34 million, said Jim Marchiony, associate athletics director.

The football team's 2009 performance likely didn't help. After winning its first five games, the Jayhawks lost seven in a row. The season ended with the resignation of coach Mark Mangino amid allegations of mental and emotional abuse of players.
  :popcorn:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lew bit off more than the ku fanbase and boosters could chew. 

Look,  they had to borrow over $6 million dollars to finish the football complex in the form of a no interest loan (and probably more since they won't tell anyone how much of Kivisto's monetary pledge they got, or didn't get), they borrowed over $30 million dollars for the Fieldhouse renovation.   I don't know how Lew thought they were going to find $34 million in private money in one year, when they had to borrow all that money to finish the other projects.   In fact every project of significance at ku over the last 20 years has required borrowing money or stealing money from the students in the form of compulsory fees.   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Plus, there's rumors about the the whole Federal investigation goes DEEP into the kuad.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Plus, there's rumors about the the whole Federal investigation goes DEEP into the kuad.

I know this won't happen, but given all of the improvements made to the facility affixed to AFH, I'd love to see a 'Reposessed' or 'Foreclosure' sign on it.  That would be priceless.

Heck, even if someone photoshopped it, I would get a kick out of it.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

really starting to make sense how lew got things done over there

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Totally envious of how Lew runs an athletic department.   :frown:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Ditto.  It's like a Too Live Crew album and I'm jealous.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
La Mano Nera

Offline ksu1420

• Fan
    • View Profile

MCMW :dunno:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Hilarious that ku is following the siren song of gimmick financing during the death of gimmick financing.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter

I know this won't happen, but given all of the improvements made to the facility affixed to AFH, I'd love to see a 'Reposessed' or 'Foreclosure' sign on it.  That would be priceless.

Heck, even if someone photoshopped it, I would get a kick out of it.

I'm sure EMAW could take care of that themselves. EMAC has done many similar things to that at Kinnick Stadium. Its time EMAW stepped up to the next level, beyond spraying billboards on I-70, and really making a statement!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
90 bucks a seat for the EMAW v Ugay game....looks like i'm buying the family plan again  :dunno:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile

With the deference ku gets around Topeka (nearest FBI office), there'd better be at least one dead body involved before there would ever be any indictments.  Even then, it would have to be someone whose family's complaining cut through all the rah rah ku claptrap that permeates NE Kansas.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
remember when they gave us crap for stopping working on the sheep lot.  Man I would much rather have that eye sore then the trouble at Uk.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting