Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 630957 times)

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10375 on: September 03, 2018, 09:59:19 AM »
Well to each his own I guess.  One of the big reasons I love soccer is the atmospheres at games.  And American atmospheres just don't do it for me.  The songs are too forced. 

American soccer fans lack the creativity to sing You'll Never Walk Alone or alterations to John Denver songs.  I mean this is incredible, probably my favorite song of any team.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sLb9F_PDqg

We have a ton of potential to improve our songs.  Can't really get any worse.  I just don't have the patience to try and improve the quality of our songs.  Props to you guys for sticking it out.

And for the record, the barbecue song is a good idea in theory, but the execution is lacking.  Take unique things from KC and toss them into the John Denver Annie's Song format and you've got yourself a banger. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10376 on: September 03, 2018, 12:17:09 PM »
Cauldron songs not being fun enough is a new one on me

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: September 03, 2018, 10:35:19 PM »
They should start singing them with a British accent. BTW that dickhead who posted the video that fun muffin posted threatened to report me to Google for lighting his ass up on the comments.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: September 09, 2018, 04:31:25 AM »
Winning is fun.  I was a bit worried until the announcers reminded me SKC was down 5 contributors. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: September 09, 2018, 12:17:06 PM »
Don't know who the fifth was. We have three on international duty and Ike was suspended. It was pretty uninspired but we're fine. Orlando has a crap ton of talent but they really need a center back. They tried to do exactly the same thing Seattle did, getting behind Zusi when he goes forward.

The MIR streak lives on.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10380 on: September 19, 2018, 09:51:58 PM »
woof, Toronto

Also Giovinco is a vaj

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: September 20, 2018, 07:50:08 AM »
seattle finally lost.
also san jose was up 2-0 and then 3-1 on atlanta and still lost. so there goes any slim chance we had at supporter's shield

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: October 30, 2018, 08:27:31 PM »
chance for a good playoff run...not clear who can fill in for Sinovic if appeal doesn't go through...him and Zusi we can't afford to lose

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: November 03, 2018, 08:45:03 PM »
Is anybody else jazzed to the tits about facing rsl? This is so great

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: November 06, 2018, 11:59:44 AM »
Is anybody else jazzed to the tits about facing rsl? This is so great

yeah, wc semifinal matchups are *chefs kiss*

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: November 12, 2018, 08:52:29 AM »
More games!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: November 12, 2018, 08:54:59 AM »
thursday night futbol!!!!!!

:Woot:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: November 13, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »
was at the match Sunday, i really seemed to be enjoying myself

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: November 13, 2018, 01:06:50 PM »
can you imagine if sporting and the chiefs win championships in the same building 2 months apart?   :surprised:

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: November 25, 2018, 08:28:38 PM »
this is disturbingly ugly play on both sides

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: November 25, 2018, 08:44:59 PM »
0-0 is not a great result on the road...have to win next game now

Offline spacedog

• Fan
  • meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: November 25, 2018, 09:06:49 PM »
Midfield and Attacking players were garbage tonight apart from Russell at times and Ilie in the 2nd half. Can't imagine we look that bad 2 games in a row.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: November 26, 2018, 05:27:27 PM »
yesterday’s game should be shown as example #1 as to why the mls will never be a major north american sport

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: November 26, 2018, 06:59:55 PM »
Agreed

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: November 26, 2018, 07:37:06 PM »
horse racing and boxing will be always be the one two punch in the american sports landscape!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10395 on: November 26, 2018, 07:42:57 PM »
horse racing and boxing will be always be the one two punch in the american sports landscape!
so in 80 years, soccer might be popular

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: November 26, 2018, 08:08:00 PM »
so in 80 years, soccer might be popular

The 1981 NBA finals were aired on tape delay I think it will be 2050
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: November 26, 2018, 10:22:21 PM »
my point must be a little too sharp for you.  that’s ok, wipe your tears with your skc scarf :lol:

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: November 27, 2018, 08:00:10 PM »
i think mls will be ok, but that game was painfully low quality...some had to do with the turf, which can be fixed, but man, hope noone was watching their first soccer game...

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: November 27, 2018, 09:13:04 PM »
i think mls will be ok, but that game was painfully low quality...some had to do with the turf, which can be fixed, but man, hope noone was watching their first soccer game...

abolish 2 leg series in the playoffs. problem solved