Author Topic: My first trip to game in Lawrence impressions  (Read 6939 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: My first trip to game in Lawrence impressions
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »
stadium is garbage.  no question.  but, let's all stop pretending we don't wish BSFS was located on our campus.  yes, tailgating is fun.  But, all things being equal, I'd prefer to tailgate in City Park, and/or party in Aggieville and walk to games at Old Stadium.  IMHO.       

The stadium is on campus, and lots of people walk from Aggieville to the stadium. Those that don't walk take a 5 minute free bus ride :dunno:

Yeah, I wish the stadium was closer to Aggieville, but why does it matter how close it is to campus? Games are on Saturdays. Anyway, KU doesn't even have anything remotely resembling Aggieville, let alone a stadium that's close to it.

And do people actually walk from the 'ville to the game? Seems like a good way to walk off a perfectly good buzz. I remember walking to Aggieville after a few games - that's a different story.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 12:28:52 AM »
stadium is garbage.  no question.  but, let's all stop pretending we don't wish BSFS was located on our campus.  yes, tailgating is fun.  But, all things being equal, I'd prefer to tailgate in City Park, and/or party in Aggieville and walk to games at Old Stadium.  IMHO.       

The stadium is on campus, and lots of people walk from Aggieville to the stadium. Those that don't walk take a 5 minute free bus ride :dunno:

yeah it's not exactly difficult to get to the stadium from the ville.  it's an easy walk through our great campus or a quick free bus ride.   :dunno:
emaw

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 08:56:46 AM »

yeah it's not exactly difficult to get to the stadium from the ville.  it's an easy walk through our great campus or a quick free bus ride.   :dunno:
Amazing walk from the 'Ville to the Bill or vice versa. Should not be missed.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 09:08:48 AM »
eff that noise.  that is a long ass walk.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 09:10:46 AM »
Where do they park the RV's?  Serious question.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 09:16:36 AM »
It's the programs and people.  If everything was the same, but the stadium setting situations were reversed, K-State's would be fun and ku's would suck.  At K-State, we'd have all these great PAKs in gE'rs' houses

Fact. Haverhill hosted a great pregame Pak in his apartment.

Worst example ever.

Nope was fun.

That's great, Scottwildcat, but we have different tastes.  I don't think haverhill or calling black soccer players "monkeys" is much fun.  To each his own.

so no one is going to comment on this...   :Wha:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »
It's the programs and people.  If everything was the same, but the stadium setting situations were reversed, K-State's would be fun and ku's would suck.  At K-State, we'd have all these great PAKs in gE'rs' houses

Worst example ever.

Nope was fun.

That's great, Scottwildcat, but we have different tastes.  I don't think haverhill or calling black soccer players "monkeys" is much fun.  To each his own.

I don't think many people get the reference. I like Scott and will hopefully pak with him this weekend despite his severely poor rough ridin' decision making and mindset this isolated time, so I won't link it.

This is a perfect example of getting a break for saying stupid stuff because of making the small effort of meeting people IRL. If he never did I'm sure he'd still have "racist piece of crap" under his name, let this be a lesson to everyone pak'n has its benefits.

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 03:43:55 PM »
It is impossible to over  hype " the setting"  and their tailgating more than Jayhawk  fans do.  Impossible.

You caught a break by having their overpaid basketball team get beat the night before.  You haven't experienced a game in lowrents without getting the obligatory "Yeah, well were gonna kick your ASSES in basketball" from some drunk 12-year-old as you leave the game. That's always fun.   :jerk:

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »
Walking up hill both ways  :flush:
@Trogdor_gE

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 10:14:22 PM »
 Remembered another thing... does anybody find it ironic  they play kid rocks bawwitdabaw?  No?  Me either,  they are so so whiskey tango.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 10:25:02 PM »
That stadium is an absolute disaster.  No fixing it. It must be leveled.

The catilac trailer thing, the 3 ft high deck camera bay things, the locker rooms around the corner, the north seats 80 yards from the field of play, the stained bare concrete, the horrendous concourse and fire escape staircases to access the sections, the unbelievably poor infrastructure. It goes on and on.  Any renovation that's not a tear down rebuild is poor people money after bad.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 10:44:57 PM »
for the FBS teams Ive tailgated to see NDSU play with:

KState and Iowa State are 1A-1B
2)Colorado St
3) Minnesota
4(by a considerable margin) Kansas

Horrible. I hated being so distant from the stadium by the Phog. and having to take a shuttle to the stadium/house parties on the hill. Yea we got free beer at the house but still. crap
titletown..lulz

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 11:15:24 PM »
Horrible. I hated being so distant from the stadium by the Phog. and having to take a shuttle to the stadium/house parties on the hill. Yea we got free beer at the house but still. crap

the first hit's free.  the second and third are ricin and lily of the valley

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 11:25:04 PM »

Worst example ever.

Nope was fun.

I said something super dumb got burned at the stake like I deserved and still get crap for it like I deserve. Not much else to comment on.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 11:28:02 PM »

Worst example ever.

Nope was fun.

I said something super dumb got burned at the stake like I deserved and still get crap for it like I deserve. Not much else to comment on.

FWIW, I like Scottwildcat and Haverhill. I think they're pretty good dudes.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2013, 07:40:51 AM »

Worst example ever.

Nope was fun.

i understand. I just expected a funny reaction gif from MIR.  :dunno:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles