Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146282 times)

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #18225 on: October 16, 2017, 11:34:36 AM »
Tom now calling for Zenger's head:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/oct/15/tom-keegan-clock-tick-tick-ticking-kansas-ad-sheah/

John Fitzgerald 2 hours, 51 minutes ago

I keep trying to tell myself "Beaty needs at least 5 years to rebuild the program", "we're still below the 85 scholarship mark", "we can't let go of Beaty and Zenger because of the new stadium project", and lastly "who would want to even coach KU if we did fire Beaty". But after the last two games, I think I've settled on a few things:
1.) As Brett has pointed out, and I've stubbornly disagreed in the recent past, it DOES NOT take 5 years to rebuild a program. See UCF, UAB, Washington State, ISU, etc. If progress isn't being made in year 3, will it ever be made?
2.) Per an article by Tom or Benton, I can't quite remember who, Beaty mentions we're at 84 scholarships now. That is no longer an excuse even if a chunk of those were walk-on's.
3.) As Tom has mentioned, the new stadium is going to happen regardless if Zenger and Beaty are around, because it NEEDS to happen. They may have helped get the ball rolling, but a fresh new face at AD and HC won't hurt or stop it.
4.) I've said "no coach in their right mind would want to coach KU Football" to myself plenty of times lately, and it's starting to not make sense anymore. One thing about Beaty is he has filled this roster and it's definitely at a better place as far as the talent level, meaning it won't be an issue for the new coach coming in. Also, the new stadium has to be exciting for anyone interested in coaching KU. They can be the one to introduce it and the first to coach one of the best stadiums and locations in CFB. And finally, there is a lot of money being left on the table with KU Football. It's a matter of time before a coach comes here and is successful and can reap the benefits. Kansas doesn't have to be a "career crippler" it can just as easily be a "career maker" if we can hire a competent coach.
So, needless to say, I'm okay with whatever it takes to get this program back in the win column. But whatever happens it needs to happen soon so we can have a jump on the other programs that'll be needing coaches.
Sign in to reply

Did they release new renderings in the last day or two? Cause the ones I saw wouldn't put their stadium even in the top half of the conference.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18226 on: October 16, 2017, 11:41:20 AM »
There will be a minimum of two more head coaches at ku before anything is done with the stadium
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18227 on: October 16, 2017, 11:42:31 AM »
This adidas b-ball thing really hurt their ability to seek out and hire the kind of FB coach who would actually put them back on the map.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18228 on: October 16, 2017, 11:49:56 AM »
Tom now calling for Zenger's head:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/oct/15/tom-keegan-clock-tick-tick-ticking-kansas-ad-sheah/

John Fitzgerald 2 hours, 51 minutes ago

I keep trying to tell myself "Beaty needs at least 5 years to rebuild the program", "we're still below the 85 scholarship mark", "we can't let go of Beaty and Zenger because of the new stadium project", and lastly "who would want to even coach KU if we did fire Beaty". But after the last two games, I think I've settled on a few things:
1.) As Brett has pointed out, and I've stubbornly disagreed in the recent past, it DOES NOT take 5 years to rebuild a program. See UCF, UAB, Washington State, ISU, etc. If progress isn't being made in year 3, will it ever be made?
2.) Per an article by Tom or Benton, I can't quite remember who, Beaty mentions we're at 84 scholarships now. That is no longer an excuse even if a chunk of those were walk-on's.
3.) As Tom has mentioned, the new stadium is going to happen regardless if Zenger and Beaty are around, because it NEEDS to happen. They may have helped get the ball rolling, but a fresh new face at AD and HC won't hurt or stop it.
4.) I've said "no coach in their right mind would want to coach KU Football" to myself plenty of times lately, and it's starting to not make sense anymore. One thing about Beaty is he has filled this roster and it's definitely at a better place as far as the talent level, meaning it won't be an issue for the new coach coming in. Also, the new stadium has to be exciting for anyone interested in coaching KU. They can be the one to introduce it and the first to coach one of the best stadiums and locations in CFB. And finally, there is a lot of money being left on the table with KU Football. It's a matter of time before a coach comes here and is successful and can reap the benefits. Kansas doesn't have to be a "career crippler" it can just as easily be a "career maker" if we can hire a competent coach.
So, needless to say, I'm okay with whatever it takes to get this program back in the win column. But whatever happens it needs to happen soon so we can have a jump on the other programs that'll be needing coaches.
Sign in to reply

Did they release new renderings in the last day or two? Cause the ones I saw wouldn't put their stadium even in the top half of the conference.

It will/would be one of the best stadiums in all of the American.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18230 on: October 17, 2017, 08:19:27 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article179112596.html

There are realistic individuals within the Jayhawk fanbase.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18231 on: October 17, 2017, 08:59:53 AM »
We are at a point where no half-way quality coach in his right mind would even consider coming to Lawrence. It's like showing him the Puerto Rico damage, handing him a broom, and telling him to clean it up.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18232 on: October 17, 2017, 10:39:40 AM »
When do they break the all-time record for consecutive road losses? I know it's coming up.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18233 on: October 17, 2017, 10:46:48 AM »
When do they break the all-time record for consecutive road losses? I know it's coming up.

I believe they tie the record this week @ TCU, then go for it all on 11/11 @UT. :ohno:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18234 on: October 17, 2017, 01:27:06 PM »
The KU game is on primetime this weekend against the Horned frogs. What kind of sick twisted person does this to the Hawks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18235 on: October 17, 2017, 02:23:23 PM »
great point greg

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18236 on: October 17, 2017, 02:51:34 PM »
The KU game is on primetime this weekend against the Horned frogs. What kind of sick twisted person does this to the Hawks

Slap in the face to Beaty & the boys. Time for the Hawks to wreak CFP havoc in Fort Worth!

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18237 on: October 17, 2017, 02:55:41 PM »

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18238 on: October 17, 2017, 04:00:49 PM »
Great opportunity for the hawks to shawk the world.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #18239 on: October 17, 2017, 05:41:50 PM »
KU over TCU > ISU over OU

Although KU has been a helluva lot more competitive against tcu than isu has been against ou in recent memory.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18240 on: October 17, 2017, 05:45:52 PM »
Phogistan over Frogistan

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18241 on: October 17, 2017, 06:07:31 PM »
fox is doing them a favor

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18242 on: October 17, 2017, 06:08:49 PM »
Come to think of it, it is weird how closely KU has played the Frogs in the last few meetings. That, combined with KU’s sheer grit and determination to not break the road losing streak? TCU’s walking into a buzzsaw, gentlemen. Hawks by 24.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18243 on: October 17, 2017, 06:39:44 PM »
Do the schedule makers know something we don’t?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18244 on: October 17, 2017, 11:09:58 PM »
Not kidding. Hawks by 24. Bet all the farms.

#HawksBy24

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18245 on: October 18, 2017, 12:33:30 AM »
I'm even betting farms I don't own.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18246 on: October 18, 2017, 09:24:34 AM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is hurting
« Reply #18247 on: October 18, 2017, 09:45:13 AM »
I think KU will keep us closer than the experts think and only lose by 14. Even teams that shock the world usually have some believers. I think Beatty would be speechless if KU beat TCU.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18248 on: October 18, 2017, 09:53:40 AM »
let's not forget KU stole TCU's offensive coordinator, he basically knows everything about these toads

Wheat  45
Warts   13

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18249 on: October 18, 2017, 09:57:00 AM »
snowbrag says

Kansas 16
TCU 63

:frown: