Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145204 times)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #19250 on: May 27, 2018, 07:54:11 PM »
Considering KSU came back from the gutter it seems very shortsighted to think KU is forever stuck in the gutter... they have tons of big donors, good other sports, AAU status, etc. 

Let’s not get complacent, we need to keep driving the wedge in football and doing whatever possible to catch-up in basketball

times were much different 30 years ago, the stakes have gotten much higher

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19251 on: May 27, 2018, 08:02:19 PM »
Most of the time I can sniff out squawks but this one just outed himself so that makes it a lot easier.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19252 on: May 28, 2018, 08:05:51 AM »
When you are broke dick you don't really get to negotiate terms. You have to take what's on the table or fail. KU has descended into Speedy Cash borrower territory.

I'm pretty sure the entire athletic department is insured by The General.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #19253 on: May 28, 2018, 08:44:21 AM »
When you are broke dick you don't really get to negotiate terms. You have to take what's on the table or fail. KU has descended into Speedy Cash borrower territory.

I'm pretty sure the entire athletic department is insured by The General.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buys university fleet on credit at title max
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19254 on: May 28, 2018, 08:59:59 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19255 on: May 28, 2018, 11:22:11 AM »
Considering KSU came back from the gutter it seems very shortsighted to think KU is forever stuck in the gutter... they have tons of big donors, good other sports, AAU status, etc. 

Let’s not get complacent, we need to keep driving the wedge in football and doing whatever possible to catch-up in basketball

We’ve caught up in basketball and literally no one gaf.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19256 on: May 28, 2018, 11:44:26 AM »

The incredible thing is that the whole process of catching up in basketball took about two weeks of caring

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19257 on: May 28, 2018, 02:32:03 PM »
3 or 4. They don't gaf. The football program wasn't the problem with this fire.

I'm thinking the new AD will want to bring in his own guy.  I think 3 would've kept Beatty around under Zenger but probably not now.

On the other hand, maybe the new guy will just want to keep his fingerprints off that trainwreck for as long as possible.

When you are the worst football program you don’t want to be trying to find a stud HC with the pitch that you get 3 years only.  They have to keep Beaty just for optics

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19258 on: May 28, 2018, 07:35:25 PM »

The incredible thing is that the whole process of catching up in basketball took about two weeks of caring

Now that we are equally good in basketball I still don’t care. Nobody does. Because it’s basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19259 on: May 28, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »
KU football is a kslim used Toyota Camry after a bad kansas hailstorm, a total loss. It’s time to shutter the program completely and do the right thing once and for all.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19260 on: May 28, 2018, 08:53:19 PM »
Just read this comment on surly from a KU fan a month ago.

We must fire the AD first and then anyone who is associated with KU or KSU from a donor to coaching to playing level must not be allowed to have anything to do with KU football.  We are rough ridin' losers and we have always been rough ridin' losers in football.  Allowing someone with KU in their pedigree to be hired, influence the hiring process, or influence the hire after it is made must not be allowed unless we want to continue to be losers.

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19261 on: May 29, 2018, 06:43:43 AM »

Now that we are equally good in basketball I still don’t care. Nobody does. Because it’s basketball.

No way in the world is KSU 'equally good' to KU in basketball right now... Look, I am really proud of our March run and feel great about next season, but we've got a long ways to go to catch up.  It sucks to admit that, but it seems objectively true.

I hope our administration, coaches, players, etc. are thinking objectively, long-term and proactive (like a successful business).  Most of my KU friends are convinced that they will keep steam-rolling the B12 in basketball and when LHC Bill Snyder steps down KU will inevitably get better (similar to the Prince-Mangino era).  I think they are full of it, but KU's administration / donor's seem willing to keep throwing money at the problem.  I hope that our administration does whatever they can to suppress and bury their hopes as opposed to saying 'no way it will happen, we are fine.'  College sports is big business, we've got to be brutal not complacent.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19262 on: May 29, 2018, 08:34:50 AM »

No way in the world is KSU 'equally good' to KU in basketball right now... Look, I am really proud of our March run and feel great about next season, but we've got a long ways to go to catch up.  It sucks to admit that, but it seems objectively true.

I hope our administration, coaches, players, etc. are thinking objectively, long-term and proactive (like a successful business).  Most of my KU friends are convinced that they will keep steam-rolling the B12 in basketball and when LHC Bill Snyder steps down KU will inevitably get better (similar to the Prince-Mangino era).  I think they are full of it, but KU's administration / donor's seem willing to keep throwing money at the problem.  I hope that our administration does whatever they can to suppress and bury their hopes as opposed to saying 'no way it will happen, we are fine.'  College sports is big business, we've got to be brutal not complacent.

Kiss the rings, squawk

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19263 on: May 29, 2018, 08:44:59 AM »

Squawk squawk squawk squawk squawk. Squawk squawk squawk. Squawk squawk squawk squawk squawk!

Shut up
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19264 on: May 29, 2018, 09:13:27 AM »

Literally the only way the gap between our two football programs gets any larger is if we win a national championship. We've won multiple BigXII titles and the expectations are that we compete for the conference title almost every year. Our stadium and supporting facilities still have that new car smell and unlike Rapelor's toilet stadium complete with tarp wall or KU's cinder block football building, our renovations and expansions were done properly. We currently have the longest NFL draft streak in the conference, and have solid connections with the high school's and JuCo's in the state. Since the Big XII was formed, there really have only been 3 programs that had sustained success and/or done better than we have, Nebraska, Texas, and Oklahoma, and all 3 have NC's to their name.

KU is hoping they don't go winless for the 2nd time in 4 seasons.

So yeah, let's go ahead and get that elusive NC that this program, and our coach has wanted for so long! Make that gap as large as possible haha.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19265 on: May 29, 2018, 09:16:54 AM »

I hope our administration, coaches, players, etc. are thinking objectively, long-term and proactive (like a successful business).  Most of my KU friends are convinced that they will keep steam-rolling the B12 in basketball and when LHC LHC Bill Snyder steps down KU will inevitably get better (similar to the Prince-Mangino era).  I think they are full of it, but KU's administration / donor's seem willing to keep throwing money at the problem.  I hope that our administration does whatever they can to suppress and bury their hopes as opposed to saying 'no way it will happen, we are fine.'  College sports is big business, we've got to be brutal not complacent.

KSU had basically the same basketball season as ku.  They hate that we caught up with them so easily but it's college basketball.  Essentially a fringe sport that only 2-3 schools care about being good at.  That is why it is so simple to become good at the sport, there is no competition.  Simply take a few minutes to even put any effort at it and boom, Elite 8.

College football however is a monster that the whole world cares about with brutal competition and cut throat programs.  It takes a truly elite university to even get over .500 in any given season.  That is why I am thankful K-State has built an elite nationally recognized brand and I do not at all blame ku for being nationally recognized for failure.  It is not easy

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19266 on: May 29, 2018, 09:31:42 AM »
gonzaga and villanova are college basketball powers. what else do you need to know?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19267 on: May 29, 2018, 09:51:57 AM »
VCU, Butler, Wichita St, and Loyola all have F4 appearances in the last 10 years.  Kind of an embarrassing list to be a part of, really.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19268 on: May 29, 2018, 10:04:26 AM »
VCU, Butler, Wichita St, and Loyola all have F4 appearances in the last 10 years.  Kind of an embarrassing list to be a part of, really.

Extend it two more years and you can include my favorite F4 team OAT, Greg Mason University.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19269 on: May 29, 2018, 12:19:57 PM »
george* mason, but your confusion proves your point anyway

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19270 on: May 29, 2018, 12:31:39 PM »
Has an AD at a P5 school been fired because of lack of success in basketball?   I can't think of one in recent memory.

Zenger:  Canned because of Football
Jeff Long: Canned because of Football
The previous AD to Del Conte at Texas:  Pretty much canned for the way he handled football
The last Cornhole AD:  Football

I can't think of any P5 AD in this day and age who gets canned specifically for on court basketball success.   

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19271 on: May 29, 2018, 12:43:03 PM »
Has an AD at a P5 school been fired because of lack of success in basketball?   I can't think of one in recent memory.

The previous AD to Del Conte at Texas:  Pretty much canned for the way he handled football

I can't think of any P5 AD in this day and age who gets canned specifically for on court basketball success.
John Currie: football
:adios:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19272 on: May 29, 2018, 12:44:53 PM »

I assume UK crap canned one pre-Calipari

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19273 on: May 29, 2018, 01:21:25 PM »

Zenger has a literal handful of Big 12 basketball titles and they literally laughed at his rings when they s-canned him because of football.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19274 on: May 29, 2018, 01:36:39 PM »

Zenger has a literal handful of Big 12 basketball titles and they literally laughed at his rings when they s-canned him because of football.

Plus Big 12 titles in several women's sports and a national title in a women's sport.   Rings for every finger and thumbs and the dude still got canned because of football.