Author Topic: KU football is hurting  (Read 1233779 times)

Offline libliblibliblibliblib

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #17625 on: August 21, 2017, 06:38:35 PM »
"He (Betty) is not going to jump to a mid level Power 5 school because that would be a lateral move. "

well that's partially correct, just got the because wrong
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

I think.you.are deep down.a.trans cowboy gravy eater.

Offline Big Sam

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17626 on: August 21, 2017, 07:53:56 PM »
Quote from: the phog
If Beaty has success at KU,, it will put Ksu in a very bad spot if anything, more then who's coaching at KSU, will put KU in a bad spot, Lawrence and KU is an easier place to recruit too and KU has more money then Ksu to spend on keeping a good coach and upgrading facilities, stadium, etc.

I keep hearing from the phog how much money KU has to spend on football and their stadium.  However, they never spend it.  I am starting to suspect they may be making all this up.  Kind of like the kid I knew in 8th grade who told me his mom in KC was going to buy him a new Camaro (it was 1980).  I waited and waited.  Never saw one.

Offline PurpleOil

• Fan
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17627 on: August 22, 2017, 07:49:13 AM »
Delusional disorder is a mental illness in which the patient presents with delusions, but with no accompanying prominent hallucinations, thought disorder, mood disorder, or significant flattening [of the hill] affect. Delusions are a specific symptom of psychosis. Delusions can be "bizarre" or "non-bizarre" in content; non-bizarre delusions are fixed false beliefs that involve situations that could potentially occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, or having a legitimate football stadium built at your university. Apart from their delusions, people with delusional disorder may continue to socialize, function, and post on the phog in a normal manner and their behavior does not necessarily generally seem odd. However, the preoccupation with delusional ideas can be disruptive to their overall lives. For the diagnosis to be made, auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, though olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present.

The following can indicate a delusion:

The patient expresses an idea or belief with unusual persistence or force.
That idea appears to have an undue influence on the patient's life, and the way of life is often altered to an inexplicable extent.
Despite his/her profound conviction, there is often a quality of secretiveness or suspicion when the patient is questioned about it.
The individual tends to be humorless and oversensitive, especially about the belief.
There is a quality of centrality: no matter how unlikely it is that these strange things are happening to him/her, the patient accepts them relatively unquestioningly.
An attempt to contradict the belief is likely to arouse an inappropriately strong emotional reaction, often with irritability and hostility.
The belief is, at the least, unlikely, and out of keeping with the patient's social, cultural, and religious background.
The patient is emotionally over-invested in the idea and it overwhelms other elements of their psyche.
The delusion, if acted out, often leads to behaviors which are abnormal and/or out of character, although perhaps understandable in the light of the delusional beliefs.
Individuals who know the patient observe that the belief and behavior are uncharacteristic and alien.

:ohno: That doesn't sound very promising for our little bro's!  :ohno:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17628 on: August 22, 2017, 09:34:10 AM »
Quote from: the phog
Under LHC LHC Bill Snyder, ksu football has been a solid program, nothing more, nothing less.. They have never been on the level of Alabama, Ohio State, OU, or any of the Tom Osborne coached Nebraska teams etc. LHC LHC Bill Snyder as good as he has been for Ksu, would have been ran out of OU, Alabama, Ohio State, USC etc,, a long time ago when you check his all time bowl record, record against top 20 teams, only two conference titles in 25 or so years of coaching, and the fact he has never even reached a national championship game, But in Mancrappin of course, they name the stadium after the guy and build a statue of him lmao,. you sound like a Ksu fan too me!! All it took was for him to retire the first time around and within a few years KU regained its rightful spot as the top football program in the state!

If Beaty starts winning and gets things turned around it wont matter who the coach is at ksu,, if KU throws enough jack around at him,, its a chance he will stay unless hew decides to coach a P5 Texas school imo. If Beaty has success at KU,, it will put Ksu in a very bad spot if anything, more then who's coaching at KSU, will put KU in a bad spot, Lawrence and KU is an easier place to recruit too and KU has more money then Ksu to spend on keeping a good coach and upgrading facilities, stadium, etc.

Unlike Ksu who is still stuck in a 50K capacity stadium after all of Snyders success,, if KU builds some sustain success for 5-10 years or better they will have to expand the stadium to 60K +

Mancrappin.. hurts

The number of conditional "ifs" in that statement are breathtaking.  It almost takes a GANTT diagram to determine that the probability of their future success is probably less than 5%.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • @Pete_goEMAW_com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17629 on: August 22, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »
I will say, when I lived in Milwaukee and the cats played ucla in the bowl game, I had to run to the store.  I was flipping through the channels to see if I could catch an espn broadcast.  I hit 810 and I heard wyatts voice.  It was barely coming in, but good enough I could make out what was happening.  The atmosphere must've been perfect that night.

The exact same thing happened to me on an evening driving from south of Winnebago to Milwaukee one night!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17630 on: August 23, 2017, 08:30:31 AM »
anyone have any bits of tid on ku's endzone booze zone construction?  do they have any construction cams or any nile's or frasier's?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• Solid Level Three Poster
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #17631 on: August 23, 2017, 10:35:27 PM »
anyone have any bits of tid on ku's endzone booze zone construction?  do they have any construction cams or any nile's or frasier's?

how did i forget about this? Man, smiling just thinking about that.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17633 on: August 24, 2017, 02:12:25 PM »
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-college-football-teams-do-the-most-with-the-least-talent-and-vice-versa/

Last

The bottom of that list is just littered with Texas teams. 7 of the teams ranked 100 or more are from there.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17634 on: August 24, 2017, 02:16:38 PM »
when the golden jayhawk rises from above mount oread and shines upon the non-believers, you all will bend the knee

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17635 on: August 24, 2017, 02:20:35 PM »
Wildcats do not kneel

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17636 on: August 24, 2017, 03:45:05 PM »
I have stars tattooed on both of my knees.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17637 on: August 24, 2017, 04:27:17 PM »
starry to hear that

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17638 on: August 24, 2017, 06:29:07 PM »

Eastern Promises right?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17639 on: August 24, 2017, 06:43:15 PM »

Eastern Promises right?
Yessir.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17640 on: August 24, 2017, 06:43:24 PM »
Or ma'am

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17641 on: August 24, 2017, 07:27:57 PM »
Also the headless guy in s2 the wire

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17642 on: August 25, 2017, 08:11:03 PM »
I enjoyed driving by ku kickoff at Corinth Square on the way home :love:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17643 on: August 25, 2017, 09:27:28 PM »
I enjoyed driving by ku kickoff at Corinth Square on the way home :love:

Not nearly enough bball talk for Karl, and Karla hit the Sutter Home a little too hard.   

Rock Chalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17644 on: August 26, 2017, 12:35:09 PM »
Another great crowd. It is amazing this many people come out. Can you imagine how many will turn out when we start to win games again.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17645 on: August 28, 2017, 11:18:52 AM »
$300 mill worth of renos have definitely started... Cabana suites in the south end zone now.

Offline LickNeckey

• Katpak'r
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17646 on: August 28, 2017, 11:25:15 AM »
nothing says KU football like a couple Heineken's and a fine Merlot

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17647 on: August 28, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »
nothing says KU football like a couple Heineken's and a fine Merlot

or a cabana boy...

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17648 on: August 28, 2017, 11:32:59 AM »
If there ever was a time and place for a cabana it would be Kansas in the Fall.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline LickNeckey

• Katpak'r
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17649 on: August 28, 2017, 11:34:25 AM »
If there ever was a time and place for a cabana it would be Kansas in the Fall.

@ a football game