Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438489 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« on: July 17, 2013, 05:49:13 PM »
In this thread we will see the facilities offered by other teams and how none of them are as blessed as us. If you are a field reporter doing The Lord's work visiting random college football stadiums or basketball arenas, take pictures and put them in this thread so we can all go on a LOL rampage. (Or post pictures of the very few blessed schools who also have good The Settings.) 

AIR FORCE FALCONCATZ.

Admittedly their setting is pretty elite. You do have to deal with jabroni Air Force guards at the front gate stopping you and being all, "State your business." And you have to tell them you're going to take pictures of their stadium and their bad basketball arena.

Their East side reeeeeally needs some limestone. And they really need to get those trees out of there if they truly care about the well-being of our armed forces. :sdeek:

Taken from the top of their student section side. Underneath my feet are metal bleachers much like we had at The Wag throughout the 90s. T's & P's.

Weird roundy end zone fun zone.

I wish the stadium were symmetrical but it isn't. :frown:

...because it looks super I-AA'y from the press box side. (apologies 2 lakebison)

Cool view to see the unique curvature of their stadium. Terrible view to see the jumbotron (or any scoreboard, I think), which is off to the right, pushed way up, and facing the other way. At least from this seat you're really close to the huge speakers that project terrifying end-of-the-world drill announcements to the entire Air Force Academy, though.

They reeeeeeally need some lessons in how to make their p. box look more like a city hall.  :cry:

Here is their huupz arena. The Falqatz are not blessed at all facilities-wise. It's this gym. And what you can't see behind me is that the concourse attaches to a college hockey arena on the other side. Very weird. And this gym has practice baskets that lower from the ceiling, which we all know is obviously a sign of your program being a poor (sister school Duke notwithstanding).

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 05:53:04 PM »
practice baskets. good grief

sure is good to be a ksu cat fan

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 06:09:20 PM »
I visited AFA one time and the jabroni asked if I had any drugs in the vehicle and I immediately looked down at the console (where the weed was) and then looked back at the jabroni and said nope

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 06:10:48 PM »
COLORADO STATE WILDRAMS.

oh hi Cam!

Pictures from inside Moby Arena, which not surprisingly was not made out of Porcelain.

Their stands are straight up and down and their court is super weird in person. (Elite?)

They have this light-up guy behind their baskets. He's lovin' it.

Good call, there definitely weren't enough huge-ass ram horns all over the place already.

LMAO you guys used to want to be UNC so bad

Fort Collins is very elite. Stadium not so much but their The Setting is v. good. I talked about it in the VQ thread but there's a mountain (or probably a butte) right above their stadium and when you get to the top there's a beautiful lake over the other side. Stadium was verrrrry 1960s/70s/80s'y, though. If you told me it was the former home of a USFL team I wouldn't have doubted you for a second.

I mean...look across the field at how this pud scoreboard is suspended. Good grief.

Did they film Soul Train here? Because those slanty cement supports under the WSC make this place look mad old.

No end zone fun zone and a mini-tron? :flush:

I couldn't help but notice you didn't mention the 1995 Holiday Bowl. :cool:

Needs more powercats.

Pretty view. Unfortunately you have to look at a stadium that isn't completely surrounded by miles of blacktop. :flush:

2-screen drive-in theater right by their stadium.  Drove my rental right in there and watched me some 6 Fast 6 Furious. :D

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 06:24:15 PM »
I visited AFA one time and the jabroni asked if I had any drugs in the vehicle and I immediately looked down at the console (where the weed was) and then looked back at the jabroni and said nope

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile,  the photo below represents the site of lakesbison's cute little team's most impressive FBS win...

:zzz:
bears are fast...

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
WYOMING COWCATS

First just let me say that everything around Wyoming's stadium looks like the inside of a baby's diaper. Terrible color scheme, Wyo. Terrible. Stadium was great though (other than the treetraps). Blacktop everywhere.

Read the fine print :D

You guys have the exact same mascot as Okie State. The exact same. Except you took their terrible colors and made them terrible-ier.

Stadium is...okay, I guess. Symmetrical double deck setup on each side, but neither an End Zone Fun Zone or a South End Zone Fun Zone. I think it seats about 40,000 or so.

Is there any way to truly encapsulate all the :sdeek: that is going on here? I mean have some pride. Stop borrowing goalposts from Laramie Junior High. Have some pride. Have some pride in yourselves.

This turned out to be one of the last pictures ever taken of Jonah Hill Field. Shortly after I left they replaced it with something hip-hoppy and elite, which I'll post here later.

Goodnight, sweet prince:

That jumbotron: :sdeek:

I bet The Mask would totally hang out next to this thing and try to get people to form a line for autographs/photos.

Also very USFL'y. :frown:

Their boob-shaped arena was HUGE. Ceiling's very Epcot Centery, too. Not sure the capacity, but it was definitely very enormous and overly ambitious, kinda like BYU's 25,000-seat arena. File this one and the BYU one under "Things That Make Ya Go Hmm."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 06:30:30 PM »
Here's UW's new field, btw. Very elite.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 06:41:37 PM »
Usually I wouldn't include I-AA because, you know, who gives a rip. But some of our NDSU visitors might go here to play sometime soon so these next two are for them.

MONTANA STATE BOBCATCATS

Fat Tim Riggins

Their press box and Vanier :sdeek:

Pretty grimy over there on those other bleachers, Cats.

End zone bleachers that are taller than the sideline bleachers always trip me out. DON'T LAUGH, MONTANA GRIZZ FANS, YOU HAVE THIS TOO.

Their huupz arena concourse has murals of Bozeman. :D

Okay so even though my old boss played bball here in the 70s and I really liked that boss, I have no choice but to trash this arena. It is not that good. I think they mainly have rodeos there or something. Floor plan is waaaay too open.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »
love these, SB.. thanks

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 08:51:53 PM »
Lol @ these pud schools

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 08:55:43 PM »

Good call, there definitely weren't enough huge-ass ram horns all over the place already.

I want to know what these studs in the stands are up to.

"Hey man, you wanna watch this high school drill team practice?"
"Na I'm just going to take a nap under the seat"

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 08:58:48 PM »

I want to know what these studs in the stands are up to.

"Hey man, you wanna watch this high school drill team practice?"
"Na I'm just going to take a nap under the seat"

obviously hungover as eff from pounding Natty's with Eustachy the night before.

Offline Rock Lobster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 09:01:23 PM »

Fat Tim Riggins

I was thinking Fulton Reed. Wicked slap shot!

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 09:05:49 PM »
That's what I saw

Offline Rock Lobster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 09:08:27 PM »
I thought he lost all of his football scholarship offers if he played hockey.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 09:08:38 PM »

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 09:09:52 PM »

Fat Tim Riggins

Knuckle puck.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 09:10:35 PM »

Fat Tim Riggins

I love when the last 4 digits of the phone number you call for tickets spell something, like CATS

Offline Rock Lobster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 09:13:58 PM »
Knuckle puck.

I don't see Kenan Thompson anyhwere, although it does look like Fulton has hit up Good Burger a few too many times.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 09:16:44 PM »

Would be funny to make a banner sign of this and hold it up at the game in Lawrence this year.

You can feel free to post other Big XII stadiums in here, but since those are far more relevant to the ksu bsfscats, feel free to post them there. I had kinda envisioned this as being more for teams that we barely have any association with. But do whatever you want.

Oh man you guys. Wait till I post Idaho's third world facilities, you will cry. :frown:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 09:17:56 PM »
SB what are those dudes in the stands at CSU B-Ball arena up to?

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 09:18:52 PM »
I know one of Montana State's coaches.  Also, one time while driving from St. Louis to Salina in January 2010 I stopped in Columbia for gas and decided to check out Missouri's stadium too.  All the gates were locked with chains, but I found one where the janitor or whoever forgot to click the padlock shut and entered.  Wish I could find the pics.  Kinda eerie being the only person in the whole stadium, and the wind was blowing just right to make it even creepier.  I tried to get in the press box and locker rooms but they were securely locked.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 09:22:39 PM »
OMG the kids from Might Ducks 2 played ball at Montana State!!!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 09:27:49 PM »

Their boob-shaped arena was HUGE. Ceiling's very Epcot Centery, too. Not sure the capacity, but it was definitely very enormous and overly ambitious, kinda like BYU's 25,000-seat arena. File this one and the BYU one under "Things That Make Ya Go Hmm."

I'm guessing the rodeo's are the only thing that pack that house, maybe wrasslin?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »
I know one of Montana State's coaches.  Also, one time while driving from St. Louis to Salina in January 2010 I stopped in Columbia for gas and decided to check out Missouri's stadium too.  All the gates were locked with chains, but I found one where the janitor or whoever forgot to click the padlock shut and entered.  Wish I could find the pics.  Kinda eerie being the only person in the whole stadium, and the wind was blowing just right to make it even creepier.  I tried to get in the press box and locker rooms but they were securely locked.

I did that at BSFS before the Baylor bball game last year. You always think you'll play it cool, but nope. You run around reenacting all of the classic plays.  I was like a kid on Christmas.