Author Topic: Wild Wildcats in NFL Draft  (Read 278456 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Wildcats in 2013 NFL Draft
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »
. Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State (6006, 228 and 4.44): Harper was outstanding today, as he is clearly a polished, big-bodied receiver that has reminded us of Anquan Boldin. Today he did an excellent job of using his hands to combat aggressive CBs and create separation on his breaks. He also displayed outstanding hands and a large catch radius. He consistently showed the ability to adjust to off target throws during todays practice.

Looks like I'm in the clear for now.
:adios:

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »
. Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State (6006, 228 and 4.44): Harper was outstanding today, as he is clearly a polished, big-bodied receiver that has reminded us of Anquan Boldin. Today he did an excellent job of using his hands to combat aggressive CBs and create separation on his breaks. He also displayed outstanding hands and a large catch radius. He consistently showed the ability to adjust to off target throws during todays practice.

First rounder!?   :crossfingers:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2013, 12:33:36 PM »
Klein is one of the top athletes available at QB in this draft, but is the least polished passer. A lot of these blog "scouts" are idiots, they are ignoring what is happening with the QB position in the NFL. Given the type of athletes on defense, we're going to see more QBs that are a threat to run either by play call or when the play breaks down. Collin is a huge project, he is very raw as a passing QB. He'll need a ton of reps to speed up his release (he's still going to have a hitch at the top of his motion) and a lot of work on his foot work. After that he still won't be able to make all the throws. He can be good at throwing down the seams, and when he is out of the pocket. He can do what RGII or Kapernick are but he'll need time to develop (3 years plus). His ability to understand and manage an offense while minimizing turnovers is going to have to earn him his shot at QB in the NFL. A lot of 2nd and 3rd string NFL QB stick with a team because of their ability to prepare for a game and help the other offensive players prepare. I think Collin can do that but his window of opportunity to make the jump to a stater is going to be extremely small. He'd better be ready if it comes.

Klein can thank Tebow for getting no chance at QB in the NFL.  When scouts look at Klein they see another Tebow not the next RGIII or Kaepernick or Wilson.  RGIII and Wilson had amazing passing numbers their last year in college, and Wilson's came in a standard pro-style offense at Wisconsin.  Kaepernick's college running numbers blow Klein's out of the water (600 carries at 6.9 yards per vs. 601 at 4.1 per), and you only need to watch him run and throw to see he is the far superior athlete.  Plus Kaepernick was a full-time starter all four years.  Much more experience passing.  They won't draft Klein to be a 2nd or 3rd string QB after the abortion that was Tebow and the Jets this season imo.  Tim destroyed Collin's pro career before it even began.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2013, 02:17:03 PM »
I think teams should definitely take AB over Ta'o especially with this GF hoax bullshit
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2013, 03:21:48 PM »

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Yep,  definitely raging boner time over here.

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2013, 04:55:45 PM »

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
I absolutely cannot wait for Harper to trash talk every single DB in the NFL...it's gonna be so beautiful
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2013, 04:59:16 PM »

90% sure you said under 4.5.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2013, 07:12:36 PM »
Klein is one of the top athletes available at QB in this draft, but is the least polished passer. A lot of these blog "scouts" are idiots, they are ignoring what is happening with the QB position in the NFL. Given the type of athletes on defense, we're going to see more QBs that are a threat to run either by play call or when the play breaks down. Collin is a huge project, he is very raw as a passing QB. He'll need a ton of reps to speed up his release (he's still going to have a hitch at the top of his motion) and a lot of work on his foot work. After that he still won't be able to make all the throws. He can be good at throwing down the seams, and when he is out of the pocket. He can do what RGII or Kapernick are but he'll need time to develop (3 years plus). His ability to understand and manage an offense while minimizing turnovers is going to have to earn him his shot at QB in the NFL. A lot of 2nd and 3rd string NFL QB stick with a team because of their ability to prepare for a game and help the other offensive players prepare. I think Collin can do that but his window of opportunity to make the jump to a stater is going to be extremely small. He'd better be ready if it comes.

Klein can thank Tebow for getting no chance at QB in the NFL.  When scouts look at Klein they see another Tebow not the next RGIII or Kaepernick or Wilson.  RGIII and Wilson had amazing passing numbers their last year in college, and Wilson's came in a standard pro-style offense at Wisconsin.  Kaepernick's college running numbers blow Klein's out of the water (600 carries at 6.9 yards per vs. 601 at 4.1 per), and you only need to watch him run and throw to see he is the far superior athlete.  Plus Kaepernick was a full-time starter all four years.  Much more experience passing.  They won't draft Klein to be a 2nd or 3rd string QB after the abortion that was Tebow and the Jets this season imo.  Tim destroyed Collin's pro career before it even began.

They won't draft him as a QB, so he won't get the chance.   :facepalm:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2013, 09:19:13 PM »
Yes,  Tim Tebow is the reason NFL teams aren't interested in QBs who can't throw for crap.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2013, 06:28:29 AM »
Yes,  Tim Tebow is the reason NFL teams aren't interested in running QBs who can't throw for crap.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2013, 12:30:39 PM »

90% sure you said under 4.5.

:dubious: :dubious: :dubious: :dubious: :dubious: :dubious:
Chris Harper ran a low 4.3
:thumbs: did not know that
Thats because its a big ol' pile a bull crap. Harper aint runnin no 4.3 40, he is not Desean Jackson fast.
I'm not sure you know who Big Shot Attorney Cat is.
I have a reasonable idea, and am still skeptical. If Harper runs a sub 4.4 at the combine next spring, I'll buy BSAC a case of beer. Not saying he didn't run the fastest at pro day last year, or that someone there didn't clock him that low. The fastest WR last year ran a 4.36 at the combine last year and only 5 broke 4.4. Sorry, Harper just isn't low 4.3 fast.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »
Which is why I said 90%. Glad michigancat and I just discussed this.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2013, 12:35:14 PM »
Which is why I said 90%. Glad michigancat and I just discussed this.

I think you were closer to 1% or 0%, but hey, that's just me.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2013, 12:37:48 PM »
I thought I remembered you giving him a decent bump, like to make a statement that you really didn't think he was fast. Obviously not.

Harper met with Eagles, and Klein met with Minnesota. Not sure how Klein and Harper had the same number of meetings considering I think Harper is much more of a prospect, but maybe the list I looked at wasn't completely up to date.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2013, 01:30:21 PM »
I thought I remembered you giving him a decent bump, like to make a statement that you really didn't think he was fast. Obviously not.

Harper met with Eagles, and Klein met with Minnesota. Not sure how Klein and Harper had the same number of meetings considering I think Harper is much more of a prospect, but maybe the list I looked at wasn't completely up to date.

Harper/Kelly = Oregon/Eagles.

Kelly is probably looking to fill his ranks in the short term with people who are familiar with his system.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »
Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State (6006, 228 and 4.45): While Harper was productive catching passes from Collin Klein at Kansas State, he demonstrated that he can be significantly better with a more polished passer throwing to him. Well built, Harper looks and plays taller than his measured size of just under 6-1. Precise and smooth running routes, Harper constantly was able to create separation from man coverage despite lacking an explosive burst out of his cuts. Possessing soft hands, uncommon body control and concentration, Harper caught nearly every ball thrown his way and consistently made tough contested catches. Sources have told us that despite not showing great playing speed on film, Harper has consistently run fast forty times, so if he runs in the 4.4’s at the Combine he will lock up a spot as a high second round pick.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2013, 03:29:34 PM »
Man, do you guys know what I would do to get Chris an invite to the draft? I realize he would have to blow up huge at the combine or whatever but, man, I would actually watch an NFL draft. That would be something else. Can you imagine LHC Bill Snyder being there? I mean, he wouldn't go there for it but if he did? And maybe Brian Butler? And Ron Prince would find some way to show up for some other reason and get in the picture? And maybe we all party and do the windmill arm pump thing when he gets picked? WOW!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2013, 04:24:47 PM »
Man, do you guys know what I would do to get Chris an invite to the draft? I realize he would have to blow up huge at the combine or whatever but, man, I would actually watch an NFL draft. That would be something else. Can you imagine LHC Bill Snyder being there? I mean, he wouldn't go there for it but if he did? And maybe Brian Butler? And Ron Prince would find some way to show up for some other reason and get in the picture? And maybe we all party and do the windmill arm pump thing when he gets picked? WOW!

That would be something!  I bet Ron is there every year anyway

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2013, 09:21:51 PM »

all good, but enjoyed this part the most   :thumbs:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2013, 03:35:10 AM »

all good, but enjoyed this part the most   :thumbs:

Lotta work just to throw up some bunny ears but that's our Ronald!   Bet he's got an entire binder filled with details of the operation.

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2013, 08:37:35 AM »
AB gone by the end of the 2nd round, Harper gone by end of 3rd, Meshak gone by end of 6th.

Malone, Chapman and Tannahill all end up on rosters too.  No roster for Klein.

Will be an amazing year for EMAW!
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2013, 10:22:13 AM »
I think if Tannahill ends up on an NFL roster it's because that one time when he trucked that OU dude.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2013, 10:30:10 AM »
I think if Tannahill ends up on an NFL roster it's because that one time when he trucked that OU dude.

You may be underselling his portfolio of lawn chair and scorpion poses.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2013, 11:02:08 AM »
AB gone by the end of the 2nd round, Harper gone by end of 3rd, Meshak gone by end of 6th.

Malone, Chapman and Tannahill all end up on rosters too.  No roster for Klein.

Will be an amazing year for EMAW!

im just speculating here and maybe im thinking with my heart but i think klein gets drafted late 6th, with the dual threat qb the new thing in the nfl it would be hard not to draft a guy that put up the numbers he did. he will at least be a fa sign

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2013, 01:17:24 PM »
If Klein gets drafted then whoever drafts him is a dumbass.