Author Topic: KstateHD.TV  (Read 127904 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KstateHD.TV
« Reply #725 on: August 22, 2017, 11:58:35 AM »
what kind of a bar is going to let you come in there and plug your roku into there tv?
I mean it sounds great I'm just surprised
the one he goes to every night with his dog? try and keep up

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 22, 2017, 11:59:11 AM »
do u even trim bro

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 22, 2017, 12:00:24 PM »
Either a Roku stick or a Fire TV stick. You would have to connect to the bar's wifi to make it work, though.

That sounds more my speed than:

What standalone thing could I buy for the bar that would allow it to get these games on the tv anytime w/o requiring me to be there w/my own phone/computer/ipad and chromecast?  Roku?
depends on the package you want, id have to assume you get it thru playstation or xbox1

I'm looking to say "hey, thanks for all the free booze and dog snacks, and here's this thing you can have to get more games, do whatever you want with it, I just want priority on you using it to get KSU games anytime I'm here."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 22, 2017, 12:04:39 PM »
do u even trim bro
I've read.. I'm still impressed if he can get that going. I don't think I'm reg enough at any mhk establishments for that to go down though

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 22, 2017, 12:08:00 PM »
titanically stupid smdh

yup, also horrific

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 22, 2017, 12:20:16 PM »
With all of the web only sports content nowadays I'm surprised more bars don't already have Apple TV, Roku, etc.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 22, 2017, 12:21:19 PM »
do u even trim bro
I've read.. I'm still impressed if he can get that going. I don't think I'm reg enough at any mhk establishments for that to go down though

It's not an outrageous ask, but it'd be fine even it was. People ask for games all the time and sometimes bars can get them and sometimes they can't. I'm just going to buy them the thing that will make sure they can as it relates to me.

There'll be synergy with the KSTATEO jar of dog snacks that's now permanently featured behind the bar.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 22, 2017, 12:32:32 PM »
Either a Roku stick or a Fire TV stick. You would have to connect to the bar's wifi to make it work, though.

That sounds more my speed than:

What standalone thing could I buy for the bar that would allow it to get these games on the tv anytime w/o requiring me to be there w/my own phone/computer/ipad and chromecast?  Roku?
depends on the package you want, id have to assume you get it thru playstation or xbox1

I'm looking to say "hey, thanks for all the free booze and dog snacks, and here's this thing you can have to get more games, do whatever you want with it, I just want priority on you using it to get KSU games anytime I'm here."
how fast and consistent is the bar wifi, especially if it is full on college football Saturday?  I would want my phone's data as a back up in case the bar wifi shits the bed, are you iphone or android?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 22, 2017, 12:40:11 PM »

Get Apple TV.

Dumb down for me how that works, because I had the impression that apple tv was just the apple version of a chromecast and I'd still have to be playing something on my ipad right there for it to show up on the screen.  Maybe I'm conflating that with the airplay (?) thing I see on the TVs in my building.

I want to be able to give a thing to the bar that they can somewhat permanently affix to what would be my KSU section TV and be able to go anytime with or without my own stuff and have them put the KSU game on. 

And would I have to "log in" or something on my own equipment at least at the outset in order for that device to be able to get the games?

You don't have to AirPlay it from your ipad/iphone (although you can). The Apple TV allows you to download any of the apps (like WatchESPN or FoxSports Go) so you can watch stand alone programs/games on your TV. I only recommend Apple TV because I have one and it works really well. I think the sticks are convenient because they are small, but from what I researched, the much better processor of an Apple TV allows for a more consistent/better quality stream to your TV.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 22, 2017, 12:41:58 PM »
how fast and consistent is the bar wifi, especially if it is full on college football Saturday?  I would want my phone's data as a back up in case the bar wifi shits the bed, are you iphone or android?

It's fast and consistent as far as I can tell.  I think they already are familiar with this sort of crap, but as it relates to streaming music.  It's not a sports bar.  The official KSU watch party and the rest of those people is over at BWW.

This thing looks just right, huh?  Easy to plug in and could even switch TVs with ease as needed?  And on the WatchESPN access they describe, I'm guessing it would play free stuff (now these KSU games?) without any login, but we could use my comcast login or they're multiple cable provider logins or the shared espn3 login we all use anytime to get access to higher-level stuff?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZV9RDKK

Enjoy over 15,000 apps, games, and Alexa skills including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, YouTube, Amazon Video, NBC, WatchESPN, Disney, and more. Subscription fees may apply.

I have an android phone and an ipad.  But I don't want to have to take my ipad there for these games and I want to have my phone in my hand doing its own thing (snark twitter).

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: August 22, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »
You don't have to AirPlay it from your ipad/iphone (although you can). The Apple TV allows you to download any of the apps (like WatchESPN or FoxSports Go) so you can watch stand alone programs/games on your TV. I only recommend Apple TV because I have one and it works really well. I think the sticks are convenient because they are small, but from what I researched, the much better processor of an Apple TV allows for a more consistent/better quality stream to your TV.

Got it.  I'll go talk to the one guy there who'd follow along w/any of this conversation and ask which thing they'd like.

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #736 on: August 22, 2017, 12:53:21 PM »
Here is the sidearm page describing their streaming service. Mentions PC/Phone/Tablet, but no mention of app for devices like Roku/Firestick/etc.

http://www.sidearmsports.com/athletic-websites/live-video-streaming/

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 22, 2017, 12:57:37 PM »
The sticks usually have some sort of USB cord that needs plugged in. Most new TV's have a USB port you can plug into to power the stick, but if the bar's TVs don't have one, you will need to run it to a wall outlet.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 22, 2017, 02:38:55 PM »
Fire stick or roku stick are probably the cheapest, Apple TV is overkill for what you want here.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 22, 2017, 07:55:29 PM »
With all of the web only sports content nowadays I'm surprised more bars don't already have Apple TV, Roku, etc.

Decent chance it is technically illegal for them to use these.  I'll bet if you read the TOS on many of those apps they would say it is only for personal use.  Businesses like bars typically have to pay extra for the same content you can watch at home.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 22, 2017, 07:57:42 PM »
True

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 22, 2017, 08:01:59 PM »
All KstateHD content will now be free.

http://www.kstatesports.com/news/k-state-announces-new-agreements-with-sidearm-sports-and-espn3-08-22-2017

Free . . . if you pay for ESPN? Or free if I login to kstatesports.com?

I read this to say there are now like multi-tiers within the K-State tier 3 rights.  While K-State used to post content on K-State HD, ESPN 3 now has first dibs on whether they want to pick it up.  If not, Fox Sports gets a shot.  If they don't want it, then it gets put on K-State HD.  There is no longer a paid subscription option for K-State HD, so technically everything on it is "free," but that only includes the stuff that ESPN and Fox both passed on.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 22, 2017, 08:15:36 PM »
Here is the sidearm page describing their streaming service. Mentions PC/Phone/Tablet, but no mention of app for devices like Roku/Firestick/etc.

The football game should be on ESPN 3.  It sounds like the whole part of that deal was to make the games more easily accessible, which ESPN definitely does.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 22, 2017, 08:30:37 PM »

The football game should be on ESPN 3.  It sounds like the whole part of that deal was to make the games more easily accessible, which ESPN definitely does.
but what will happen to the gopowercat threads asking what channel the games on

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 22, 2017, 09:29:36 PM »

but what will happen to the gopowercat threads asking what channel the games on

Those people are ridiculous, but there's no denying that the rivals network is BITB as far as those types of college sports sites go.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 22, 2017, 10:30:42 PM »
titanically stupid smdh

Wow, eff context, huh.

So is it okay to discuss what the hell is going to happen to all of that tier 3 revenue or will we keep treating the board like kroger brand tmb?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 22, 2017, 11:44:30 PM »
titanically stupid smdh

Wow, eff context, huh.

So is it okay to discuss what the hell is going to happen to all of that tier 3 revenue or will we keep treating the board like kroger brand tmb?
Couldn't resist

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 23, 2017, 12:14:40 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 23, 2017, 07:33:17 AM »
titanically stupid smdh

Wow, eff context, huh.

tmb is in rooins, i can only venture there every so often.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 23, 2017, 08:51:49 AM »

Decent chance it is technically illegal for them to use these.  I'll bet if you read the TOS on many of those apps they would say it is only for personal use.  Businesses like bars typically have to pay extra for the same content you can watch at home.

Maybe, but I have never heard of that. Several bars in Wichita would show WSU basketball games only available on ESPN3.com and were very public about it.

As long as bars are not charging people to come watch the game then there shouldn't be an issue.