Author Topic: A Fine Line  (Read 14679 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: A Fine Line
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2017, 08:15:48 PM »
Society gets to decide what is and is not racist, not one person.

More importantly, and far more intellectually than most of the drivel above, sticks and stones can break your  bones but words can never hurt you.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2017, 08:23:15 PM »
Hey sys, I don't want to get into personal stuff but I'm very comfortable making the observation that you're likely a sack of crap. Using that word as a full blown adult is rough ridin' abhorrent, there is literally no reason to use it. I know you are an educated person with a vocabulary more enhanced than your average nine year old so I have a hard time understanding why you would ever use that word.

you, as a mentally normal human, aren't allowed to determine what words are offensive to the mentally impaired.

Is that what you were attempting to do? If so maybe I gave you too much credit for being smart. 8 man was talking about people, specifically leftists, weaponizing racism. My point was it's easy to dismiss any claim of racism on its face if you have never been a victim of it. A white person calling a black person a n-word is unquestionably racist, no one would argue against it, you don't have to be black to know that. Your little device falls flat for me because like saying n-word, calling someone Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) is inarguably awful because our society has been told so over and over again.

If I said I felt the salesman a brooks brothers is racist because he followed me around at a distance without actually helping me. There would inevitably be people who would defend the salesman, or minimize my feelings, because they've never been in that position. If I said the the same salesman called me a n-word no one would justify that.

If a person with Down syndrome said they were being mistreated because someone told then they were brave, there would be confusion about why that would make someone feel less than. If that same person said they were called a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) there would be universal condemnation for the person who said it.

I won't change a single persons mind on this or even cause someone to think a bit more critical about it, that's fine, it's my fault for treating people here differently than I would any other group of internet strangers. I'll try to be better.

Are you saying that calling a post on a message board Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and calling a person with Down Syndrome a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to their face is the same thing?  I mean, I'm guessing you would never call a person with Down Syndrome a sack of crap right to their face, but you were fine posting it on a message board.  Same thing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2017, 08:23:30 PM »

If a bunch of white people think something isn't racist toward black folks, but one black person does, I think that one black person gets veto power in the racist/not racist dispute.

that's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Yeah, p Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). That rule only makes sense if you're unwilling/unable to evaluate situations yourself. If Michigancat means in a group discussion, I understand his point; there's no doubt that would be considered taboo. But if he means in the cool reflection of his private thoughts, that's pretty disappointing and not at all productive. Racism is a virus that should be identified and targeted wherever it exists, but an essential element of that is precise diagnosis. Enabling hysteria--or stifling critical thought--will do more harm than good. I doubt we'll ever be able to get rid of it root-and-stem, but I do think that younger generations are far more tolerant, and over the next decades we will make great strides. But it will require critical thought, which Michigancat's rule does not promote. In the end, it (bigotry) is really an arbitrary thing, and I think observation and honest discussion can mitigate it, with the benefit of time.

The people who were wrong about the racist thing absolutely should think critically and discuss why they were wrong. And the offended should be prepared to articulate and discuss why the said action was racist.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2017, 08:23:54 PM »
 I am on the same page with what you are talking about MIR. 

Calling white people that loosely throw around the term racist bad person/pieces of crap is more of slam against people that water down the term as a internet put down.  That’s my point.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:30:27 PM by gatoveintisiete »
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2017, 08:24:28 PM »

Society gets to decide what is and is not racist, not one person.

As history has shown, society can get it way wrong

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2017, 08:25:33 PM »

If a bunch of white people think something isn't racist toward black folks, but one black person does, I think that one black person gets veto power in the racist/not racist dispute.

Yeah, p Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). That rule only makes sense if you're unwilling/unable to evaluate situations yourself. If Michigancat means in a group discussion, I understand his point; there's no doubt that would be considered taboo. But if he means in the cool reflection of his private thoughts, that's pretty disappointing and not at all productive. Racism is a virus that should be identified and targeted wherever it exists, but an essential element of that is precise diagnosis. Enabling hysteria--or stifling critical thought--will do more harm than good. I doubt we'll ever be able to get rid of it root-and-stem, but I do think that younger generations are far more tolerant, and over the next decades we will make great strides. But it will require critical thought, which Michigancat's rule does not promote. In the end, it (bigotry) is really an arbitrary thing, and I think observation and honest discussion can mitigate it, with the benefit of time.

The people who were wrong about the racist thing absolutely should think critically and discuss why they were wrong. And the offended should be prepared to articulate and discuss why the said action was racist.

You seem to be begging the question, no?

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2017, 08:28:28 PM »
I'm going to assume that sys and spracne use the words n-word, spic, chink, et al. when not in mixed company. I'm certain they wouldn't use the phrase when they are in the presence of someone who they perceive to have an intellectual disability. It also goes to how they think of the capabilities of someone who may be diagnosed with an intellectual disability that they perceive the internet is some sort of safe place free of people with Down syndrome or whomever else those guys think can't read and enjoy the internet.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2017, 08:34:05 PM »

You seem to be begging the question, no?
I'm listening and considering what you're saying.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2017, 08:36:52 PM »
Hey sys, I don't want to get into personal stuff but I'm very comfortable making the observation that you're likely a sack of crap. Using that word as a full blown adult is rough ridin' abhorrent, there is literally no reason to use it. I know you are an educated person with a vocabulary more enhanced than your average nine year old so I have a hard time understanding why you would ever use that word.

you, as a mentally normal human, aren't allowed to determine what words are offensive to the mentally impaired.

Is that what you were attempting to do? If so maybe I gave you too much credit for being smart. 8 man was talking about people, specifically leftists, weaponizing racism. My point was it's easy to dismiss any claim of racism on its face if you have never been a victim of it. A white person calling a black person a n-word is unquestionably racist, no one would argue against it, you don't have to be black to know that. Your little device falls flat for me because like saying n-word, calling someone Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) is inarguably awful because our society has been told so over and over again.

If I said I felt the salesman a brooks brothers is racist because he followed me around at a distance without actually helping me. There would inevitably be people who would defend the salesman, or minimize my feelings, because they've never been in that position. If I said the the same salesman called me a n-word no one would justify that.

If a person with Down syndrome said they were being mistreated because someone told then they were brave, there would be confusion about why that would make someone feel less than. If that same person said they were called a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) there would be universal condemnation for the person who said it.

I won't change a single persons mind on this or even cause someone to think a bit more critical about it, that's fine, it's my fault for treating people here differently than I would any other group of internet strangers. I'll try to be better.

Are you saying that calling a post on a message board Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and calling a person with Down Syndrome a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to their face is the same thing?  I mean, I'm guessing you would never call a person with Down Syndrome a sack of crap right to their face, but you were fine posting it on a message board.  Same thing.

You can't possibly be this stupid. I'm saying you wouldn't use the word Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) in a room in which you perceive using that word might hurt someone in the room, so why do it anywhere else? I can assume two things based on the use of that word so flippantly; either you would use that word no matter your company, or you think someone being hurt by that word is incapable of reading it here. One makes you a horrible person, the other is a misguided, horrible false assumption.

I would perfectly comfortable calling someone who uses the word Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) or advocates for its use, a sack of crap, anywhere anytime. I'd take great pleasure in calling said people pieces of crap to their faces.

Why the eff are you even on this board? How close are we to one of your look at me I'm on a politics board telling all the people in it how stupid politics are?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2017, 08:37:14 PM »

I'm going to assume that sys and spracne use the words n-word, spic, chink, et al. when not in mixed company. I'm certain they wouldn't use the phrase when they are in the presence of someone who they perceive to have an intellectual disability. It also goes to how they think of the capabilities of someone who may be diagnosed with an intellectual disability that they perceive the internet is some sort of safe place free of people with Down syndrome or whomever else those guys think can't read and enjoy the internet.

Are you suggesting that only non-white people have intellectual disabilities? I find that both highly offensive and ignorant, tbh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2017, 08:45:36 PM »
Can't believe MIR is trying to draw a cultural equivalence between the 'n' word and Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). How Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) is that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2017, 09:09:03 PM »
I can't believe he doesn't like my 'look at me I'm on the politics board telling everyone how stupid politics are' posts.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2017, 02:36:34 AM »
What if someone thought they were consenting to sex with their identical twin, but secretly the twin was actually a clone?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2017, 07:10:42 AM »
I also want to explore the various permutations of known and unknown gender and sexual identities.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2017, 08:41:00 AM »
I also want to explore the various permutations of known and unknown gender and sexual identities.

This is actually a pretty interesting thought. Like, if a man has sex with someone who is anatomically a female but identifies as a gay male, but specifically conceals their gender identity in order to have gay sex with a straight person, is that rape?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2017, 09:30:43 AM »
What if a nerdy guy was wearing the same Halloween or homecoming costume as a popular jock and president of a rival fraternity and the jock's girlfriend thought the nerd was the jock and had sex with him in the moon bounce house.... would that be rape even if the said girlfriend thought it was the best sex she had ever had?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
A Fine Line
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2017, 09:40:19 AM »
Def rape unless the costume was pure coincidence.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2017, 10:31:10 AM »
How about a panty raid, rape?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2017, 10:34:14 AM »

I read a facebook post once where a guy was cheating on his girlfriend so she talked her friend into having sex with the guy. I am not sure if the friend was transgender or just a cross dresser/drag queen....the boyfriend thought the friend was a girl but then after the encounter the friend said something is his deep male voice. (I guess they must have done anal for the boyfriend to not realize that he had a penis???)

I don't think anyone ever said "This person is female". So was it rape by deception or was it the boyfriend's own fault for assuming the friend's gender?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2017, 10:37:57 AM »
What if a nerdy guy was wearing the same Halloween or homecoming costume as a popular jock and president of a rival fraternity and the jock's girlfriend thought the nerd was the jock and had sex with him in the moon bounce house.... would that be rape even if the said girlfriend thought it was the best sex she had ever had?

Rape if the nerd knew that the chick thought he was the boyfriend. I don't think rape by deception laws were enacted until around 2000 though.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2017, 10:43:34 AM »

I read a facebook post once where a guy was cheating on his girlfriend so she talked her friend into having sex with the guy. I am not sure if the friend was transgender or just a cross dresser/drag queen....the boyfriend thought the friend was a girl but then after the encounter the friend said something is his deep male voice. (I guess they must have done anal for the boyfriend to not realize that he had a penis???)

I don't think anyone ever said "This person is female". So was it rape by deception or was it the boyfriend's own fault for assuming the friend's gender?

And that's why you always leave a note
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2017, 10:57:44 AM »

you are a menace and the fact that you walk freely among us chills me to my core

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2017, 11:33:11 AM »

Rape if the nerd knew that the chick thought he was the boyfriend. I don't think rape by deception laws were enacted until around 2000 though.

I didn't mention what year this happened.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2017, 12:31:04 PM »
Damn. That's on old ass movie.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC