Author Topic: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean  (Read 56860 times)

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean
« Reply #250 on: November 19, 2017, 09:58:53 PM »
If goEMAW really wanted to they could figure out who Brent Venables would bring in on staff, with the resources some people on this website have. Brent Venables would have to look toward some good buddies he has had at Clemson or who are up and coming. If Venables wants to have immediate success for his alma mater he would have to bring in a kickass staff. Sean can stay if he likes, but only as a Special teams coach, it's his calling and frankly at this point Bill is off his rocker and I think Gene 'The Mustang' Taylor should be trusted with making a great hire because I believe he has a good idea of who to hire. I do think that ADGT is gonna ride Snyder Senior out as long as he can so that way he can avoid the hiring process

goEMAW sucks Greg

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 19, 2017, 10:27:25 PM »
If goEMAW really wanted to they could figure out who Brent Venables would bring in on staff, with the resources some people on this website have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=293EJU0TR2Y

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 19, 2017, 11:38:34 PM »
https://twitter.com/BR_CFB/status/932065102089502722

Levitt let them have a Turnover chain... Bill would never let us do this...

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 19, 2017, 11:46:04 PM »
Leavitt failing to prevent them from lamely plagiarizing should DQ him.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 20, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »
Makes sense. After he fired one of the only guys he's ever fired he needed a linebacker coach.

Leavitt would've made sense as DC, but Snyder wasn't going to fire Hayes.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 20, 2017, 10:58:35 AM »
Oh?

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/932648400083914754

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/932648971234836480

I'm so confused now..... LHC LHC Bill Snyder is messing with all of us. He probably dropped the Leavitt story. Bill wanted Leavitt to be the DC and help his son become the next HC and kinda mentor his son in his Defensive ways... Leavitt wanted the HCIW, but Snyder refused essentially leaving Leavitt to be a DC for Sean for the remainder of his career or go to Oregon and try one last resume builder.

It coukd have happened.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 20, 2017, 11:02:05 AM »
Makes sense. After he fired one of the only guys he's ever fired he needed a linebacker coach.

It does, but it doesn't.  Unless there was some sort of incentive attached (HCIW), why in the world would Leavitt give up a P5 DC gig and take a pay cut to coach linebackers for Bill?

I suppose it could have just been wishful thinking on Bill's part.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2017, 11:09:24 AM »

It does, but it doesn't.  Unless there was some sort of incentive attached (HCIW), why in the world would Leavitt give up a P5 DC gig and take a pay cut to coach linebackers for Bill?

Maybe Tom wants to retire but Bill wouldn't let him unless he got the replacement he wanted?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 20, 2017, 11:15:02 AM »
How can you make someone not retire?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 20, 2017, 11:19:25 AM »

I took it as Snyder showing respect for Leavitt. He knew he'd turn it down, but if there was anyone he would want on staff to coach LBs it would be Leavitt.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 20, 2017, 11:48:14 AM »

It's LHC Bill Snyder... idk, wizard powers?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 20, 2017, 12:03:20 PM »

Im not certain how him staying another 2-3 years is the best course for KSU Football.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 20, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »
bill can stay as long as he wants. and he should. people act like he's ruining the program but we still have good athletes in place at most positions for the next coach and that hasn't really changed much in 2.0.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 20, 2017, 12:11:11 PM »
Did anyone else see bill and Sean get into it when they called timeout before the onside? Pretty sure I read Sean’s lips say I rough ridin' got it when bill came into the huddle and bill walked away talking to himself

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 20, 2017, 12:13:26 PM »
Did anyone else see bill and Sean get into it when they called timeout before the onside? Pretty sure I read Sean’s lips say I rough ridin' got it when bill came into the huddle and bill walked away talking to himself

well sean you absolutely didn't have it if you were thrown off guard by an onside there

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 20, 2017, 12:29:01 PM »
bill can stay as long as he wants. and he should. people act like he's ruining the program but we still have good athletes in place at most positions for the next coach and that hasn't really changed much in 2.0.
Bill can and will stay as long as he wants.  But I hope he wants to leave in about 5 weeks. 

The program is stale and boring.  I'd like the next coach to have 3 years with Thompson.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 20, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »
 We've made some dumb decisions and have been badly outcoached in several games, but I don't think the program is "boring" at all.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 20, 2017, 12:41:06 PM »
We've made some dumb decisions and have been badly outcoached in several games, but I don't think the program is "boring" at all.

:)  LOL

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 20, 2017, 12:54:28 PM »

I agree with this.

Yeah, I don't even know what this means. (people saying the program is boring) Its not much different than 11/12, it just wasn't boring then because we won a lot. I suppose people want HUNH and stuff like that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 20, 2017, 12:54:46 PM »

well sean you absolutely didn't have it if you were thrown off guard by an onside there

We were set up for an onsides kick. We were set up for a squib style onsides, Sean saw they were set up for a traditional onside kick and called a time out. Sean adjusted but they kicked the squib style we were defending against before the time out.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 20, 2017, 01:07:52 PM »
I assume it's not typical to offer one of the highest paid P5 coordinators a lower tier job for (what I can only imagine to be) less money, so I assume something else was going on here. Something tells me Venables didn't get the same call...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 20, 2017, 01:08:07 PM »
I assume it's not typical to offer one of the highest paid P5 coordinators a lower tier job for (what I can only imagine to be) less money, so I assume something else was going on here. Something tells me Venables didn't get the same call...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »
Oh?

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/932648400083914754

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/932648971234836480

I'm so confused now..... LHC LHC Bill Snyder is messing with all of us. He probably dropped the Leavitt story. Bill wanted Leavitt to be the DC and help his son become the next HC and kinda mentor his son in his Defensive ways... Leavitt wanted the HCIW, but Snyder refused essentially leaving Leavitt to be a DC for Sean for the remainder of his career or go to Oregon and try one last resume builder.

It coukd have happened.

This sounds crazy but I've been thinking about this situation and I think this may actually be possible. The only reason being is Bill's response to the story when asked and then McMurphy's silence after. First, of all everyone knows that Snyder knows who McMurphy is, this whole Sean thing started with a conversation that he had with Bill. Then anyone who reads or listens to McMurphy knows that he's super serious about being minimized and questioned. The only other thing he takes more seriously is protecting his sources. If Bill talked to McMurphy about this then called him out, McMurphy couldn't clap back, and he always claps back. I find it completely odd that he's had nothing to say about being slighted so publicly by Snyder.