Author Topic: Sunflower Showdown  (Read 17485 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sunflower Showdown
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2016, 06:23:48 PM »
I'm thinking this Beaty guy is their first coach since Glen Mason. Mangino was a one-hit wonder and the others were varying degrees of abomination.

Agree, next year is going to be a battle.  i can see them taking a bigger step forward next year.

he's 2-10 and still hasn't proven anything unless moral victories are your thing

He beat a bad UT team. Strong's players show up and are all supportive at his press conference, but yet they play like crap on game days. KU is getting better, but they have so far to go that better is relative.

Your KSU Cats have a much better shot at making a big jump next year than the Hawks.

JMHO.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2016, 06:27:47 PM »
i hope i never become so debased by the world as to value corporal wins and losses over wins and losses of morality.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2016, 06:31:03 PM »
I was actually surprised Barnes played at all after that helmet to helmet hit. Looked like a concussion to me.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2016, 06:41:39 PM »
I was actually surprised Barnes played at all after that helmet to helmet hit. Looked like a concussion to me.

you're talking about the same coach, who despite continually having his QB get linguini brained and bodied every year dating back to the stone age, runs the same offense than causes the pasta brain & body

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »

you're talking about the same coach, who despite continually having his QB get linguini brained and bodied every year dating back to the stone age, runs the same offense than causes the pasta brain & body
He also forced an injured Hubes back out there because Delton threw an incomplete pass.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2016, 07:17:29 PM »
You could definitely make an argument that Snyder is a pos human being or just flat out doesn't understand the long term ramifications of concussions. 

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2016, 07:20:44 PM »
Wtf was that throw deep 3rd down, almost punt, and then go for it on 4th. that was idiotic.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2016, 08:17:12 PM »
I'm thinking this Beaty guy is their first coach since Glen Mason. Mangino was a one-hit wonder and the others were varying degrees of abomination.

Agree, next year is going to be a battle.  i can see them taking a bigger step forward next year.

he's 2-10 and still hasn't proven anything unless moral victories are your thing

He beat a bad UT team. Strong's players show up and are all supportive at his press conference, but yet they play like crap on game days. KU is getting better, but they have so far to go that better is relative.

Your KSU Cats have a much better shot at making a big jump next year than the Hawks.

JMHO.

The first three years you bake the cake.  Year 4 is when you put the frosting on that thing.

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2016, 08:20:38 PM »
Yeah, but that thing is going to be frosted by force at Jayhawk Towers and won't be well received.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2016, 10:48:32 PM »
They were working on Barnes neck and shoulders
.  Stinger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2016, 11:36:02 PM »
.  Stinger

Yeah, you don't hold your face looking like you're about to go full Luke Kuechly with a neck/shoulder injury.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2016, 12:29:33 AM »
Watching Wyo vs. UNM and their replay official made the same mistake the official in our game made in not buzzing down to correct an obvious targeting penalty.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2016, 01:53:45 AM »
You could definitely make an argument that Snyder is a pos human being or just flat out doesn't understand the long term ramifications of concussions.

Meritless post.  :facepalm:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sunflower Showdown
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2016, 08:09:21 AM »
Folks, we always want to exhibit extreme levels of TSC here, so with that I want to congratulate KU for one of the finest moral victories ever seen yesterday.   

RCJHKU!

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2016, 11:00:24 AM »
Some of you need to learn a little more abou concussions

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2016, 12:20:11 PM »
Yesterday felt like a moral loss honestly

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2016, 12:21:49 PM »
The last few seasons have felt like we are the guy that is so good at some sport that we insist on playing with our off hand, or shitty equipt, just to prove it.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2016, 12:49:16 PM »

Meritless post.  :facepalm:

You can't handle the truth

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2016, 12:50:59 PM »
.  Stinger

Yeah, you don't hold your face looking like you're about to go full Luke Kuechly with a neck/shoulder injury.

A trainer was applying icy hot to the back of his neck at one point.  He was also pointing to/holding his left arm after coming out the second time.  Looked like a neck/stinger issue.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2016, 02:42:15 PM »

Of course it did...

KU can't have that kind of moral victory without there being a moral loser.
bears are fast...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2016, 06:28:47 PM »

You guys can't spend the entire season talking about how bad we are then turn around and talk about moral losses.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2016, 08:45:00 PM »

You guys can't spend the entire season talking about how bad we are then turn around and talk about moral losses.

Pretty sure I can do whatever I want.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2016, 08:48:35 AM »
Watching Wyo vs. UNM and their replay official made the same mistake the official in our game made in not buzzing down to correct an obvious targeting penalty.

Jeff Kelly was saying it wasn't targeting because he wasn't defenseless at the time.  I'm not sure if that's essential, though.

RULES

Targeting and Initiating Contact With the Crown of the Helmet  (Rule 9-1-3)

No player shall target and initiate contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

Targeting and Initiating Contact to Head or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player  (Rule 9-1-4)

No player shall target and initiate contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, fist, elbow or shoulder. When in question, it is a foul.  (Rule 2-27-14)

Note: Beginning in 2013, ejection from the game is a part of the penalty for violation of both Rule 9-1-3 and Rule 9-1-4.

KEY ELEMENTS

Target—to take aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with an apparent intent that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball.

Crown of the Helmet—the top portion of the helmet.

Contact to the head or neck area—not only with the helmet, but also with the forearm, fist, elbow, or shoulder—these can all lead to a foul.

Defenseless player—a player not in position to defend himself.

Examples (Rule 2-27-14):           

A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.
A receiver attempting to catch a pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return.
A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick.
A player on the ground.
A player obviously out of the play.
A player who receives a blind-side block.
A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped.
A quarterback any time after a change of possession.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2016, 09:19:06 AM »
probably been discussed already but I'm mainly irate at our shitbrain coaches for sending out an obviously concussed player to get his head smashed a few more times.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2016, 09:59:51 AM »

Jeff Kelly was saying it wasn't targeting because he wasn't defenseless at the time.  I'm not sure if that's essential, though.

RULES

Targeting and Initiating Contact With the Crown of the Helmet  (Rule 9-1-3)

No player shall target and initiate contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

Targeting and Initiating Contact to Head or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player  (Rule 9-1-4)

No player shall target and initiate contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, fist, elbow or shoulder. When in question, it is a foul.  (Rule 2-27-14)

Note: Beginning in 2013, ejection from the game is a part of the penalty for violation of both Rule 9-1-3 and Rule 9-1-4.

KEY ELEMENTS

Target—to take aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with an apparent intent that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball.

Crown of the Helmet—the top portion of the helmet.

Contact to the head or neck area—not only with the helmet, but also with the forearm, fist, elbow, or shoulder—these can all lead to a foul.

Defenseless player—a player not in position to defend himself.

Examples (Rule 2-27-14):           

A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.
A receiver attempting to catch a pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return.
A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick.
A player on the ground.
A player obviously out of the play.
A player who receives a blind-side block.
A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped.
A quarterback any time after a change of possession.

My initial reaction was that it had to be targeting, but after looking at the rule I'm not so sure. Barnes wasn't in a defenseless position and he lowered his shoulder as well which contributed to the head to head contact.

As far as concussions go, yes, it looked very questionable. But I do know that K-State and all other NCAA schools have a standard set of procedures that must follow involving the team trainers, baseline testing of some sort, and being cleared before any coach and reinsert a player in a game. I know people will be cynical about how those procedures are followed, but there was something followed by people other than our coaching staff to allow Barnes to be back in the game. Do with that what you will.