Author Topic: It's Leavitt  (Read 72793 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: It's Leavitt
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2016, 12:18:20 PM »
Leavitt would be good in the sense that he could be the guy after the guy and we probably wouldn't be complete garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Leavitt could pretty regularly have us at 7-9 wins. I would take anyone that could continue winning here not named Snyder. Just to shake the stigma that only a freak like Snyder can win here.

I feel the same way.

Unless we do hire a super stud, this is the next best option and should be the goal. Having a guy that could produce 2013, 2014, 2016 etc. like seasons on the reg would go a long way to showing that k-state isn't some bum eff no where team that got saved by Snyder.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2016, 12:20:06 PM »
Ok with Leavitt if offense and most of offensive staff is kept in place.

Leavitt after next year bringing in a freshly fired Kliff as OC

TT fans still love Kliff. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2016, 12:22:46 PM »
my biggest issue with leavitt is that he is ugly and has no charisma
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2016, 12:22:47 PM »
I am making an assumption that Leavitt would keep most of this staff.  I am probably wrong, but for now I will assume that. No judgment on whether that is a good or bad thing.

After that, my personal opinion is that Leavitt is as good as 79 year old Bill.

On X's and O's and the details of running a program, I think Leavit would be as good as 79 year old Bill.  Leavitt built a program from NOTHING to decent/solid. That is a MASSIVE undertaking that PROVES good management skill.  I am confident in this assessment.

On recruiting, I would bet on Leavitt being better.  And, not just because you can't get much worse than Bill.  Because Leavitt has been more places and participated in different approaches.  He has been "on the recruiting" trail more than Bill. 

On game day, we have reason to believe that Bill is either significantly less involved than he was in the past, and/or actually a cause of disharmony from time to time these days.  At the least, I call this a push with Leavitt.

I will accept and support Leavitt as head coach, if that is what happens.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »
I've kinda come to terms with the fact that KSU isn't going to be able to hire anyone of any stature without significant baggage. I'll take Leavitt at this point if we can't have venables or someone of equal quality who's younger (I have no idea who this desperate mystery candidate could be).

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2016, 12:27:07 PM »
Also, I am not going to brow beat anyone into accepting any coach.  Each person gets to make their own choice, and eff me if I think I get to push my crap on you.

For example, I rough ridin' LOATHE oscar Weber.  Some of you like him, and might WANT me to support oscar.  I will not. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2016, 12:28:38 PM »
Also, also, many of you seem to have forgotten that Leavitt looks like the mascot of this board.  I like that he does.  Helps our branding.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2016, 12:36:17 PM »
Agree that Leavitt is a fine option but not a home run option and shouldn't be treated as the only option. 

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2016, 02:02:17 PM »

TT fans still love Kliff.
Don't want to rebuild offense and roster for air raid unless Cats are scorched earth rebuilding and that shouldn't be the case in the next 2 years.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2016, 02:15:38 PM »
My assumption is that leavitt put that in there so that it could be leaked and make people think that he is a viable head coaching candidate again. I can't for the life of me see Currie hiring him. He's mildly insane and not especially easy to deal with from what I understand. We could definitely do worse though (see oscar's).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 02:26:04 PM by Dr Rick Daris »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2016, 02:17:13 PM »
When does someone from GPC post that they knew this information all along but were told to keep quiet.. Has this already happened?  :pray:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2016, 02:22:42 PM »
When does someone from GPC post that they knew this information all along but were told to keep quiet.. Has this already happened?  :pray:

they may claim that but I can tell you with certainty it would be false

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2016, 02:27:36 PM »
I'm not saying Rusty is wrong, but he probably is.  I would assist in shoving Snyder the eff out of his office today if KSU could reasonably get PJ Fleck, Taggert or the other awesome guys he mentioned that would probably never come here.

I love PJ Fleck, almost as much as I love Sisco but I love K-State more. I wish I had the means to fight every single "K-Stater" who thinks a head coach, from Western Michigan or South Florida, is beyond our reach. The will certainly is there but I need an address list and immunity. I mean LOfuckingL at PJ Fleck not crawling over broken glass to get here if we offered him that job.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2016, 04:14:29 PM »

Have you ever considered that some of their Defensive woes could be attributed to the bullshit air raid offense? That defense gets gassed early and often.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2016, 04:28:32 PM »
I like our offense plenty and want nobody to eff with it right now

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2016, 04:28:48 PM »
Ride or die dimel as OC is what I'm saying

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2016, 04:28:56 PM »
I've kinda come to terms with the fact that KSU isn't going to be able to hire anyone of any stature without significant baggage. I'll take Leavitt at this point if we can't have venables or someone of equal quality who's younger (I have no idea who this desperate mystery candidate could be).

This is the correct answer/response. Currie isn't hiring Venz and probably would fight hiring JL.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2016, 04:30:12 PM »
I like to think JL will keep dimel as oc. And our stud OL coach. And Coleman and him probably have some history.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2016, 04:34:31 PM »
I'm not saying Rusty is wrong, but he probably is.  I would assist in shoving Snyder the eff out of his office today if KSU could reasonably get PJ Fleck, Taggert or the other awesome guys he mentioned that would probably never come here.

I love PJ Fleck, almost as much as I love Sisco but I love K-State more. I wish I had the means to fight every single "K-Stater" who thinks a head coach, from Western Michigan or South Florida, is beyond our reach. The will certainly is there but I need an address list and immunity. I mean LOfuckingL at PJ Fleck not crawling over broken glass to get here if we offered him that job.

I mean I'll fight you just for fun, but you are most likely wrong. Fleck has had Big 10 options. They were shitty options, but in a stable conference. I love KSU too, but I'm realistic.

Also, I don't enjoy the thong song either.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2016, 05:01:56 PM »
Speaking of coaches I was apparently so disengaged that I didn't even know CK left for northern rough ridin' Iowa.   
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2016, 05:17:05 PM »
I like to think JL will keep dimel as oc. And our stud OL coach. And Coleman and him probably have some history.
Everything here.  Old man Del can walk.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2016, 05:20:27 PM »

I mean I'll fight you just for fun, but you are most likely wrong. Fleck has had Big 10 options. They were shitty options, but in a stable conference. I love KSU too, but I'm realistic.

You think Purdue is a better job than K-State?  :sdeek:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2016, 05:25:07 PM »

You think Purdue is a better job than K-State?  :sdeek:

You're kind of contradicting yourself with this post.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2016, 05:25:53 PM »
Why not just hire Dimel if you all are ok with Leavitt? Is starting a program from scratch 25 years ago really relevant today?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2016, 05:28:33 PM »
I mean, Dimel knows this program as well as anyone and has coordinated some great offense since he's been here.