Author Topic: Hangovers  (Read 142896 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Hangovers
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2011, 08:50:50 AM »
Stan Weber disagrees with the vegas and oxygen suggestions.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2011, 09:15:56 AM »
taking oxygen will zap a hangover.

I've heard this recently and would like to try it.  I get horrible hangovers.  Always have. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2011, 09:22:29 AM »
If you get drunk at least 4 times a week for about 4 months straight you will have to try really hard to get a hangover.  Also... it's a fact that hangovers go away more quickly in Mexico, Vegas, and on lake trips.

Truth
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2011, 09:26:37 AM »

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2011, 09:29:15 AM »

I've heard this recently and would like to try it.  I get horrible hangovers.  Always have. 

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/75345?source=EMM06011&cm_ven=WC&cm_cat=20110505_EMM060&cm_pla=BYR&cm_ite=75345_The/+Personal+Oxygen+Bar

Trim, we're K-State fans, we can all just sleep in a hyperbaric chamber and wake up refreshed.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2011, 09:30:24 AM »
hair of the dog
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »

I've heard this recently and would like to try it.  I get horrible hangovers.  Always have.  

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/75345?source=EMM06011&cm_ven=WC&cm_cat=20110505_EMM060&cm_pla=BYR&cm_ite=75345_The/+Personal+Oxygen+Bar

Trim, we're K-State fans, we can all just sleep in a hyperbaric chamber and wake up refreshed.

Problem with that is it's going to be tough to get into the chamber (the hyperbaric one, not the EMAW QB) when you stumble in drunk, and even then that would only help at one's home.  Also, the oxygen bar is for when you wake up with the hangover.  Strap into that thing and you can be awake and bbs'n the whole time.

Offline KSU187

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2011, 09:56:37 AM »
Vodka and Sprite + 2 ativan = Cured and winning

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2011, 10:09:52 AM »
Since the new movie is coming out...and it's Sunday....how do you cure your hangovers?

I start with homemade B&Gs or bacon/eggs and drink an assload of water.  Generally will do some light BBSing and sometimes take a xanax.

lol
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2011, 10:20:39 AM »
sweat it out then smoke it out

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2011, 11:30:25 AM »
Im at the point where I can feel a hangover almost 2 days.  I've tried everything in the book (including B12 vitamins).  You can't get rid of them, just ease them. This is how I resist from jumping off a cliff after a bender:

1. Chug water
2. Greasy food
3. Smoke some weed (could be done before #2)
4. SLEEP

After this epic nap (#4) I usually feel 50-60% better.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »
don't want a hangover?  don't drink.

boom/thread

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2011, 03:00:34 PM »
Force yourself to do crap instead of lay around.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2011, 08:36:30 AM »
help.me.  :blank:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2011, 11:01:52 AM »

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2011, 12:40:04 PM »

Offline jdagg2003

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2011, 02:15:07 PM »
I only get hangovers when I drink Boulevard Wheat, I don't know why it just gives me terrible hangovers.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
xanax people.....xanax

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2011, 04:43:08 PM »
im not too hungover today. my secret? i puked the bed and slept until 1:30 p.m.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2011, 09:37:40 PM »
Men's Health Guy says asparagus.   :dunno: 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »
is there anything worse than a two day hangover? i don't think so.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2011, 07:47:40 AM »
Force yourself out of bed and go for a run/bike ride.  Work up a sweat of some kind, always worked for me.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2011, 03:36:06 PM »
After a real bender I'll go lay down in the tub with the shower running and pass out.   This past weekend, while visiting Denver, I went to the Rockies game and then while making my way back to my hotel room, I stopped at about 15 different bars and drank an IPA at each.   :cheers: I basically drank wonderful Denver beer for 12 hours and didn't eat until midnight.   :drink:

Moving ahead... At around 3:30am I woke up and got in the shower.  :nono: It was a small stand up shower.  I sat down on the floor of the shower for a good soak.  Eventually I contorted my body (6'4"ish) in a way so that I could lay on my back on the floor of the shower with my legs straight up against the wall.  :nono:  I eventually passed out.  I'm not sure how long I was out but I woke up and water was running out of the shower and onto the bathroom floor.  I had covered the drain.  I got up...(still stumbling drunk) and turned the shower off.  The bathroom floor is covered in at least a half inch of water.  :bang:

I spent the next 30 minutes sopping up water with a towel and wringing it out in the shower.  :bawl: I was just about done sopping it all up when nature called.  I took a nasty dump and then stood up and barfed  :barf: in the shower.  After about 15 more minutes I had the floor of the bathroom completely dry.  :thumbsup:

I open the bathroom door and am horrified to discover that I have also soaked about half the carpet in the hotel room and everything we had on the floor on that side of the room.  :horrorsurprise: More sopping up and cleaning.  I finally crawled back in bed at around 5:30am.   :embarrassed:

At 10am I woke up and drove 10 hours back to KC   :driving: with a mindblowing hangover.   :goodbyecruelworld:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2011, 05:27:29 PM »
After a real bender I'll go lay down in the tub with the shower running and pass out.   This past weekend, while visiting Denver, I went to the Rockies game and then while making my way back to my hotel room, I stopped at about 15 different bars and drank an IPA at each.   :cheers: I basically drank wonderful Denver beer for 12 hours and didn't eat until midnight.   :drink:

Moving ahead... At around 3:30am I woke up and got in the shower.  :nono: It was a small stand up shower.  I sat down on the floor of the shower for a good soak.  Eventually I contorted my body (6'4"ish) in a way so that I could lay on my back on the floor of the shower with my legs straight up against the wall.  :nono:  I eventually passed out.  I'm not sure how long I was out but I woke up and water was running out of the shower and onto the bathroom floor.  I had covered the drain.  I got up...(still stumbling drunk) and turned the shower off.  The bathroom floor is covered in at least a half inch of water.  :bang:

I spent the next 30 minutes sopping up water with a towel and wringing it out in the shower.  :bawl: I was just about done sopping it all up when nature called.  I took a nasty dump and then stood up and barfed  :barf: in the shower.  After about 15 more minutes I had the floor of the bathroom completely dry.  :thumbsup:

I open the bathroom door and am horrified to discover that I have also soaked about half the carpet in the hotel room and everything we had on the floor on that side of the room.  :horrorsurprise: More sopping up and cleaning.  I finally crawled back in bed at around 5:30am.   :embarrassed:

At 10am I woke up and drove 10 hours back to KC   :driving: with a mindblowing hangover.   :goodbyecruelworld:

this is fantastic.  where you with someone who you needed to be embarrassed about this for?  can  you draw a diagram of how you laid down in the shower (no gay).  tia.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »
Like this... only naked, drunk, passed out, and passed out looking at the ceiling.

My girlfriend was asleep.  She woke up when I was soaking up the carpet in the room and moving things.  She was drunk too so just asked if I had puked on any of her clothes and went back to sleep.  The next morning she was upset that she hadn't thought to take video footage.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread