Author Topic: Hangovers  (Read 143587 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hangovers
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 05:37:28 PM »
Since the new movie is coming out...and it's Sunday....how do you cure your hangovers?

I start with homemade B&Gs or bacon/eggs and drink an assload of water.  Generally will do some light BBSing and sometimes take a xanax.

This is the only way to do it, IMO.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 05:41:56 PM »
Gatorade and popsicles.  :dubious:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 05:45:45 PM »
usually chug a glass of water/take two Tylenol before i go to bed.

Tylenol
:horrorsurprise:

sorry, make that two extra strength pain reliever.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »
Recently, I've received separate pieces of advice from friends to take BC chowder or Vitamin B-12 to cure/prevent hangovers. Was told by an SEC bro that one of the most popular forms of hangover prevention in the south is to take a packet of BC chowder with a glass of water right before you go to bed after you've been drinking. (Have to get it in gas stations in the south or online, I've never found it in MHK) With Vitamin B-12, you're supposed to take it before you start drinking or I guess you can take it the morning after. (bigDcat does this) I've tried both BC chowder and B-12 and they've seemed to work some, but I know people who completely get rid of their hangovers using these methods.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
You can find BC chowder just about anywhere.  WalGreens, for example.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »
You can find BC chowder just about anywhere.  WalGreens, for example.

Nice, didn't realize that. I've only bought it at gas stations in Florida and one time when I was wasted in MHK, I walked from gas station to gas station around Aggieville looking for BC chowder and all of the gas station employee guys had no idea what I was talking about when I asked.  :shakesfist:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 08:13:37 PM »
All of these methods are complete bunk. How the eff are 200mg of vitamins going to hold to the onslaught of 22 beers.

Sleep. Only being unconscious will keep you from feeling like total hell. If you can't face the reality of alcoholic hangovers, then you need to switch drugs.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »
wow what a complete dumbass that Ging is.  we're talking about things that help a hangover not make them disappear.  let the adults talk ging.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 08:36:08 PM »
Pedialyte

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2011, 08:40:32 PM »
Eat pizza or some shitty food thats awful for you and greasy when the night is over.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2011, 08:43:58 PM »
Pedialyte
good advice, very hard to follow

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »
B-12 1000mg vitamin does the trick for me. I used to get all day hangovers but have rarely had one since taking these the morning after drinking.

Also, i found these helpers when stumbling: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/32KMxr/manjr.com/2010/lifestyle/11-awesome-hangover-cures

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2011, 09:05:16 PM »
All of these methods are complete bunk. How the eff are 200mg of vitamins going to hold to the onslaught of 22 beers.

Sleep. Only being unconscious will keep you from feeling like total hell. If you can't face the reality of alcoholic hangovers, then you need to switch drugs.

Agree on the vitamins, but I like the three p's to prevent or fix hangovers: Preparation, Practice, and not being a big rough ridin' Pussy.

Eat solid, healthyish meals and stay well hydrated before you drink, drink heavily a few times a week minimum, and if your head hurts in the morning, don't be a pussy and lay around feeling sorry for yourself all day.  Get the eff out of bed, have some coffee, a hearty breakfast, and do something. Exercise works every time if you nut up and do it.
:adios:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »
wow what a complete dumbass that Ging is.  we're talking about things that help a hangover not make them disappear.  let the adults talk ging.

just pointing out that this discussion is a complete waste of everyones time. and i have yet to see one recommendo that wasn't made at my high school lunch table. awful, awful thread.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »

just pointing out that this discussion is a complete waste of everyones time. and i have yet to see one recommendo that wasn't made at my high school lunch table. awful, awful thread.
well maybe i was hoping someone invented something, shhhsh

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2011, 09:31:12 PM »
I'm telling you folks, xanax or other benzodiazapenes (ativan, valium) are the only cure. They actually prescribe that stuff for acute alcohol withdrawal, not B12 or water or any of that other crap you people are talking about  :shakesfist:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2011, 09:31:37 PM »
I hope your hungover today because your posts have been extra shitty/

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2011, 10:57:24 PM »
Onion rings and honey mustard are my go to.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2011, 11:32:41 PM »
You know what else is good when I'm hungover?  Chinese buffet.  :drool:

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2011, 12:49:00 AM »

#butthurtGing

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2011, 01:13:41 AM »
Good way to not get hungover, as others have pointed out, is to drink water while you're drinking alcohol.  And I know what a lot of you fellas are thinking, "But Dlew, I don't want to look like some kind of girl out at the bars drinking water between beers."  That's why I mix liquor (scotch) with water!

No hangover!
 :party:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2011, 01:20:07 AM »
Why mix scotch with water when you can just piss in it?!  Amirite?!

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2011, 07:29:18 AM »
If you get drunk at least 4 times a week for about 4 months straight you will have to try really hard to get a hangover.  Also... it's a fact that hangovers go away more quickly in Mexico, Vegas, and on lake trips.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2011, 08:34:40 AM »
IAlso... it's a fact that hangovers go away more quickly in  Vegas.

Definitely false. 

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2011, 08:45:48 AM »
Oh, and ask any doctor, nurse, paramedic, or EMT.  Hooking up an IV and taking oxygen will zap a hangover.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread