Author Topic: ksu ladycats  (Read 188674 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ksu ladycats
« Reply #2075 on: March 24, 2024, 05:15:50 PM »
It looks like the only thing we practiced this season was passing it into Lee even if she was getting blocked almost every time. I feel like we had other players worthy of getting a play called for them a time or two, but maybe I'm wrong.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: March 24, 2024, 08:05:59 PM »
It looks like the only thing we practiced this season was passing it into Lee even if she was getting blocked almost every time. I feel like we had other players worthy of getting a play called for them a time or two, but maybe I'm wrong.

I was pretty critical of Mittie on twitter, and I stand by that, but there were plenty of opportunities for the guards to make plays but they didn't. Sundell and the Glenn twins were completely psyched out in the second half. We should have seen the freshmen guards but Mittie didn't recognize that Lee and Gregory were the only two starters who didn't shrink in the moment.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: March 24, 2024, 08:07:39 PM »
They got good looks for Gabby and Serena in the first half but both teams teams knew that were trying to get the ball to Lee everytime in the second half. Great defensive effort down 10 to start 4Q. They cut the lead to six but had what seemed like five empty possessions after that.

Still rates as one of the most fun KSU teams and seasons to follow regardless of the sport.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: March 24, 2024, 08:08:42 PM »

I was pretty critical of Mittie on twitter, and I stand by that, but there were plenty of opportunities for the guards to make plays but they didn't. Sundell and the Glenn twins were completely psyched out in the second half. We should have seen the freshmen guards but Mittie didn't recognize that Lee and Gregory were the only two starters who didn't shrink in the moment.
Seems like they left 2 or 3 layups on the table in the fourth quarter when they really, really needed a basket.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: March 24, 2024, 08:46:55 PM »

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: March 24, 2024, 11:49:28 PM »
This half is a bit of an indictment against our coaching staff. They keep trying to force the ball into players who aren't open. No adjustments

That sums up Mittie's entire career... he will not have a better team than this year and we couldn't even make it to the 2nd weekend.
Deb Patterson 2.0. Why didn't Maupin see more minutes?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: March 25, 2024, 07:45:11 AM »
This half is a bit of an indictment against our coaching staff. They keep trying to force the ball into players who aren't open. No adjustments

That sums up Mittie's entire career... he will not have a better team than this year and we couldn't even make it to the 2nd weekend.
Not an x's and o's expert but I think she would have been a liability on defense against their bigs.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: March 25, 2024, 08:09:17 AM »

Not an x's and o's expert but I think she would have been a liability on defense against their bigs.
She absolutely was.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: March 25, 2024, 08:51:56 AM »

Correct. She gotta hit the weights.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: March 25, 2024, 08:58:56 AM »
MIR said it - Sundell and the Glenns were pretty bad yesterday (especially in the 2nd half) and their minutes/usage rates all year have been off the charts (Sundell and Jaelyn). That's on Mittie for not getting Sides and Walker - two pretty talented players - more involved in the rotation, especially earlier in the year.

There could/should be a reckoning coming this offseason into next year for those three. Sundell has to take better care of the ball (less than a 2:1 assist to TO ratio this year) and she has to be more assertive offensively. The Glenns need to produce offensively, especially Jaelyn. Ideally, their minutes/usage would go down by default next year with the assumption of Walker/Sides getting better. But, if they can't step up/improve, then more minutes should be lost. Jaelyn was 37% from 3 pt last year and was barely 30% this year. Has to be better because we need her scoring.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: March 25, 2024, 10:57:33 AM »
So what is the deal with the Kim Mulkey Washington Post story? Are they going to reveal something unique and unexpected about her?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 25, 2024, 11:42:10 AM »
MIR said it - Sundell and the Glenns were pretty bad yesterday (especially in the 2nd half) and their minutes/usage rates all year have been off the charts (Sundell and Jaelyn). That's on Mittie for not getting Sides and Walker - two pretty talented players - more involved in the rotation, especially earlier in the year.

There could/should be a reckoning coming this offseason into next year for those three. Sundell has to take better care of the ball (less than a 2:1 assist to TO ratio this year) and she has to be more assertive offensively. The Glenns need to produce offensively, especially Jaelyn. Ideally, their minutes/usage would go down by default next year with the assumption of Walker/Sides getting better. But, if they can't step up/improve, then more minutes should be lost. Jaelyn was 37% from 3 pt last year and was barely 30% this year. Has to be better because we need her scoring.

We have a real issue this off season. If he sticks with the Missouri 3, we run the real risk of losing Sides, Walker, and or Hess, not to mention the two other combo guards we have that didn't play this year. He screwed this roster up by how it was constructed, made it even worse by not giving Walker and Sides more minutes. I don't know how he's going to convince all 8, yes 8 combo guards we have on the roster to stay, but good luck to him. Our only signee is also a 6'0" combo guard. Dude just got a roster full of the same damn player.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 27, 2024, 08:39:37 PM »
Greer and Harris gone.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 27, 2024, 10:19:08 PM »
walker has that street ball game in her

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.