Author Topic: Bannon  (Read 14643 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Bannon
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2016, 01:17:08 PM »
That's a great point dax, very weird that anyone would be against racism, particularly with positions of considerable power
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2016, 01:17:58 PM »
I'll actual give trump some credit for sticking to his racists guns. There was some thought that he might stop being super racisty once he won, but nope. Still full guns ahead.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2016, 01:22:37 PM »
Not gonna lie.  Results of the past week have made me oscillate a couple of points left on the liberal scale the past ten days.

Maybe I'll move right a point or so, but at the current rate, I'm probably not going to migrate back to a 2.  I'll probably stay a hard four.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2016, 01:32:34 PM »
That's a great point dax, very weird that anyone would be against racism, particularly with positions of considerable power

So in essence you're against the entirety of the DNC establishment and we won't hear another peep about the popular and electoral vote relative to the 2016 presidential election.

That's fantastic!!

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2016, 01:35:11 PM »
Oh, I see, you're doing an infowars thing

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2016, 01:38:53 PM »
Oh, I see, you're doing an infowars thing

Tap out noted.

So . . . Sad

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2016, 01:40:23 PM »
Next up, David Duke for secretary of the 5 year plan

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2016, 01:41:15 PM »
Next up, David Duke for secretary of the 5 year plan

So angry. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2016, 02:21:11 PM »
I don't think I've ever heard of a single chief strategist ever in my life. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2016, 02:23:39 PM »
Karl Rove

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2016, 02:43:41 PM »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2016, 02:48:14 PM »
I guess I just thought he ran the campaign(s) or otherwise worked for the party. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2016, 03:04:48 PM »
I'll actual give trump some credit for sticking to his racists guns. There was some thought that he might stop being super racisty once he won, but nope. Still full guns ahead.

you know, a less committed racist would have been like "i need to ease up now" but he is committed

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2016, 03:08:27 PM »

you know, a less committed racist would have been like "i need to ease up now" but he is committed

He did just appoint his racist Robin, in Jeff Sessions, to his racist Batman.  If he can get Kobach on board, it will be a near reunion of Racist Super Friends.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2016, 03:33:17 PM »
dan carlin talks about grading the racism of historical figures on a curve. for example, teddy roosevelt was outrageously racist by today's standards but a progressive on race for his time. the same goes for plenty of other dudes from Jefferson to LBJ.

i doubt that any president and cabinet has been composed of individuals whose views on race lag behind those of the average voter. it's going to be interesting to see.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2016, 04:29:32 PM »
dan carlin talks about grading the racism of historical figures on a curve. for example, teddy roosevelt was outrageously racist by today's standards but a progressive on race for his time. the same goes for plenty of other dudes from Jefferson to LBJ.

i doubt that any president and cabinet has been composed of individuals whose views on race lag behind those of the average voter. it's going to be interesting to see.

Dan Carlin is great.

This is really a global snap back against globalization.  You're seeing this everywhere.  Brexit, obviously.  France is struggling right now because they're trying to figure out how to get a liberal through to the final election without potentially losing to Marine LaPen.  Odds are, Sarkozy will actually be the potential candidate, so you'll have a center/right vs. far right election in France. 

I've seen more than one article saying that Angela Merkel and Germany are now standing alone as the beacon of liberalism in Western Society, and that they aren't strong enough to do that.  Germany isn't strong enough to keep the EU together and handle the immigration crisis on their own.  The fact that we'll most likely weaken NATO and promote Russian aggression will only make matters worse and promote the destabilization of Europe that will promote this far-right populism.

I read something, somewhere (Time, Politico...I can't remember) that said that society is basically equating liberalism and globalization, and by snapping back against globalization, you are regressing socially because you're pushing back against the liberalism that promotes secular globalism.  Seems plausible/likely.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2017, 09:30:54 AM »
I'd read odds and ends about Bannon's views before, but never anything that seemed like a good overview. I'm choosing to believe that this is one.

Steve Bannon, on the other hand, is quite something. I’ve read and reread his 2014 speech at the Vatican to see if I can find any coherence in it, and I confess I failed. It’s a hodgepodge of melodrama, hysteria, and a defense of some kind of “enlightened capitalism” along Judeo-Christian lines, in the face of an imminent Islamist takeover of the planet. It’s the 1950s versus jihad, an attempt to convey the gist of the entire Drudge Report every day and turn it into a thesis. He argues that we are just “at the very beginning stages of a global conflict” that could eradicate 2,000 years of Western civilization. It reads like the apocalyptic, paranoid fantasies of someone who writes letters to the editor, single-spaced, in all caps.

Now go check out this Vice journalist’s impression of Bannon in 2014. It does not reassure: “He’s buzzing with intensity, with two pens clipped to his shirt collar. Over the next 90 minutes, he barely touched his food and never took off his coat.” He just prattles endlessly and manically on. Among the gems that emerge from the conversation: Ebola requires a massive immigration crackdown or we’re all going to die; ISIS is plotting to assassinate the Pope; and then this calm overview: “The world is in a meltdown right now. I mean, the world is on fire. And all of a sudden it’s going to dawn on people, this is not a problem for guys in the Middle East. This is a problem for you in Kansas City.” You begin to realize that he called himself a “Leninist” for a reason.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/andrew-sullivan-the-white-house-mole.html

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2017, 08:12:41 AM »
fox news is even turning on them

But you don't get to tell us what to do, Reince, any more than that Barack Obama did. Barack Obama whined about Fox News all the time, but I gotta say, he never said that we were an enemy of the people.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2017, 01:59:00 PM »
Oh man, libtard dave is a #fauxnews guy

:lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire