Author Topic: Our friend Dalonte  (Read 4852 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Our friend Dalonte
« on: July 01, 2015, 12:43:13 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Our friend Dalonte
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 01:35:12 AM »
Love this subheader

Dalonte Hill was once the highest-paid assistant coach in the country at Kansas State. He's going to jail.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 07:40:45 AM »
Sad

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:00:47 AM »
damn.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:43:08 AM »
Should probably DM D.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 09:20:04 AM »
I miss him walking around the 'ville with the classy cats every night.  :frown:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 11:42:04 AM »
 :frown:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 12:51:28 PM »
drunk driving laws are so stupid. 
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 02:57:48 PM »
Until a good friend is killed by one.  He was a good coach.  I do hope he sobers up and can start helping young men again.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 03:44:22 PM »
Until a good friend is killed by one.  He was a good coach.  I do hope he sobers up and can start helping young men again.
yeah I agree with Reno here ( :Wha:).  This isn't a buzzed driving one off incident.  The guy has an issue and isn't dealing with it.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 03:46:07 PM »
sys technically didn't say the laws were too strict...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 03:55:10 PM »
didn't imply that either.  these laws aren't stupid IMO, especially when dealing with recidivist who make society less safe.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 04:02:23 PM »

well, that's what i meant.  they're ridiculous.  "driving drunk" treats a continuous variable (degree impaired) as a binary condition and punishes many one-time, scarcely impaired violators by effectively making them unemployable - aside from other penalties.

other comparable impairments (tired, texting, eating, reading, watching video, etc, etc, etc) are either not prohibited, prohibitions are not enforced or penalties are orders of magnitude lesser.

society is not served by rendering otherwise productive people unemployable.  nor is it just.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »
obviously, hill is not an example of what i'm discussing.  while the laws he's violated may be ridiculous (no idea how impaired he has been), his inability to make simple decisions to keep himself eligible to be very well paid to perform an enviable job is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 04:16:54 PM »

well, that's what i meant.  they're ridiculous.  "driving drunk" treats a continuous variable (degree impaired) as a binary condition and punishes many one-time, scarcely impaired violators by effectively making them unemployable - aside from other penalties.

other comparable impairments (tired, texting, eating, reading, watching video, etc, etc, etc) are either not prohibited, prohibitions are not enforced or penalties are orders of magnitude lesser.

society is not served by rendering otherwise productive people unemployable.  nor is it just.

I think our laws against texting, talking on the phone (with or without hands), sleeping, eating, etc. are more wrong than drunk driving laws.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »
Are there any laws against eating while driving?  I mean, there should be, if they are picking on other things like texting.  I am safer texting than the lady next to me is with a bigmac in one hand, a diet coke in the other, and steadying the wheel with her knees.  Especially when she chases that fry she drops.

Also, the biggest thing that is mumped up that ppl do while driving is doing so with.dogs in their lap. 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 05:14:01 PM »

you have a very poor grasp on what happens to first time dui offenders.  and not all laws treat a continuous variable (degree impaired) as a binary condition. 

i agree though.  people should be able to drink and drive all they want.  i mean they might lose their jobs by choices they voluntarily made and that's not just.  i mean people need jobs and they can't be responsible for the crap they get up to. 

and hey if somebody doesn't want to have sex with you, but you'd really like to, go ahead and eff their brains out if you can pull it off.  somebody got something that you'd like to have?  can you take it from them?  rough ridin' do it then.  criminal laws are for the unsophisticated and the pedestrian when you take into consideration that as a result of violations of such artificial constructs people face concrete, real-world consequences like the loss of gainful employment.

it's like society has lost its collective mind when these types of tradeoffs are routinely being made.  my thought balloon for your ability to provide for your family.  insanity sys, insanity. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 05:33:59 PM »
DWI- Driving While Impaired. It can be for any reason. I am guessing one of the lawyers can find an example of somebody being sued fro DWI for use of cell-phone (in the absence of cell phone restricting laws).

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 06:17:32 PM »
DWI- Driving While Impaired. It can be for any reason. I am guessing one of the lawyers can find an example of somebody being sued fro DWI for use of cell-phone (in the absence of cell phone restricting laws).

I've only heard DWI referred to as driving while intoxicated.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 12:41:32 AM »
MCMW. Would take back.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 12:44:46 AM »
Expired license is unforgiveable IMO
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ksuwizard

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 11:57:14 AM »
Boggles me how highly paid coaches (and players) get DUIs all the time when they can afford (and teams most of the time provide) drivers at their disposal.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 01:18:07 PM »
Isn't it legal to drive while intoxicated on private property?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 01:49:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's not. It's hard to imagine a circumstance where you would get pulled over on your own property, though.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:53:44 PM by Rage Against the McKee »

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 02:00:09 PM »

At one time it was not, but I'm not sure now.  Or at least it was ok in Texas and Oklahoma.