Author Topic: Malek gone...  (Read 62308 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Malek gone?
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2015, 11:04:49 AM »
and then at the very end, oscar puts it all together and goes to rohleders dorm room and opens the door and roleder is there with plans on a table and maps on the wall about the plans he put together and oscar has his arms crossed and is all "Vulture!" and he says it in a ways where his voice gets louder and inflects while he's saying it and then the camera cuts to rohlerder and he raises his arms palms up like a shrugging kind or welp you caught me kind of way and then says something like "well you know me, coach" and then cue the laugh track because that's rohleders catch phrase and then music and then cut back to weber and he just shakes his head in a disapproving way and wags his finger and then more laughs and music and then credits.

Leaving Currie out of this scene is a huge mistake by the writers.

This narrative, while correct, is incomplete.  Think control of NBAF and it's collection of disease microbes.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2015, 11:06:30 AM »
I hope they all leave.  Like every rough ridin' scholarship player on the roster just says eff it and leaves.  Then every commit we have decommits and then oscar can stand there with his mouth open clucking his tongue like a chicken.  Somebody post the gift of oscar standing mouth agape, clucking his tongue like a god damn chicken.

Will this be discussed like Frank was discussed, i.e., oscar can't keep players, therefore oscar must go?

They were all losers that didn't want to play hard because they're prima donnas who hated K-State. The new recruits love K-State though and will forgo all human comforts to work night and day at making this blue collar program the shining symbol of excellence that it was before all those rough ridin' kids ruined everything.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2015, 11:11:02 AM »
Someone help me understand why this isn't getting local/national attention? A Power 5 school has lost complete control of its basketball program and nobody gives a crap. We need national help mocking our situation to get rid of this scumbag. Maybe the fact that nobody cares is a bigger issue  :frown:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2015, 11:13:19 AM »
Someone help me understand why this isn't getting local/national attention? A Power 5 school has lost complete control of its basketball program and nobody gives a crap. We need national help mocking our situation to get rid of this scumbag. Maybe the fact that nobody cares is a bigger issue  :frown:

oscar is loved by all opposing coaches.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2015, 11:22:46 AM »
Guys some blue mountains just appeared on oscar's ass.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2015, 11:23:38 AM »
Guys some blue mountains just appeared on oscar's ass.

:lol:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2015, 11:27:52 AM »

Offline KsJoey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »
We won't have a viable body left when it's done, but that's not a big deal because we're cutting out all the Cancers!!!

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »
 :facepalm:

Let's do a thought experiment and replace one variable while leaving everything else constant.  Replace Weber with a) Bill Self and b) Brad Underwood while leaving everything else constant -- how different would this season and the following turn out.
a.) Bill Self
I think Self is more of a players coach and would be more empathetic to pot smoking and partying.  He might even light one up with Marcus and Tre.  I think more of the players would have found him cool and he might have even been able to hide the broken rules of this year so that no one would have left the team.  I don't think our overall record would have been better, however, as the players would have still been lazy and only have gotten up for the "big" games.   The following year, Bill would likely over-recruit JT, Nigel and Tre because he needs good players in his system in order to win so those 3 would see the bench and likely transfer.  But, we'd be on our way to a one and done system, where bad players see the bench and/or transfer and are replaced by good players who are likely prima donnas and bolt for the NBA after a year of college play.  Unfortunately, there are few Bill Self's in the game and even if we got one, my guess is that we'd be a stepping stone for that coach.

b.) Brad Underwood
Brad is pretty green and it's not clear that he'd be able to handle all of the issues that came up this year.  Likely, he would have sided with Nino and Gip because he'd have known them the longest.  Our record wouldn't be much different than it was this year.   We might still see a couple of transfers and perhaps Marcus still gets kicked off the team, because Brad doesn't have the skills to sweep his pot smoking habits under the rug.  The following years, our recruiting effort is probably still on par with what we've seen in the past so likely not much difference with our current fate.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2015, 11:46:47 AM »
I can't wait until Diane gets to the bottom of this:

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2015, 11:48:27 AM »
GODDAMNIT APR :curse:

our next coach is going to be slapped with a postseason ban, more importantly we are now in a race with OSU football to suffer the embarrassment of being the first Big 12 program to get put in APR jail

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »
They were all addicted to pot, of course they weren't in good standing

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2015, 11:53:48 AM »
I was assured that oscar was going to recruit the right kind of kids, because he didn't have all those "handlers" and "people" coercing him into recruiting thugs from Chicago anymore. I'm sure things will be fine.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2015, 11:54:38 AM »
As long as the players were in good standing, K-State won't get dinged.   If they weren't in good standing, we could be eff'd.

This isn't true, I've posted the criteria more than once. There is a retention component of the formula and if any of these guys don't graduate in 6 years of their clock starting we get dinged for that too.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2015, 11:56:06 AM »
Okay

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2015, 12:04:30 PM »
RZIM Wildcat

New walk-on to the team
Post #90
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore

I will admit to this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If Malek is leaving the program or unable to play next year, I think we could safely term 2015-16 a rebuilding year

:lol:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure oscar should just coach high school so he doesn't have to worry about stuff like this.

This is what he said in the midst of falling apart his 2nd to last year at Illinois.

“It’s college basketball,” Weber said. “There are a lot of influences whether it’s uncles, cousins, grandpas, ministers, preachers, relatives, neighbors. They all have something to say. And there’s also the factor of other outside people.

“There’s so much clutter in kids’ brains. Instead of just coming here and listening and being coachable, it all takes a toll and maybe adds up in the long haul.”

Weber paused and said: “I shouldn’t have said ministers and preachers, but I’ve had that before, too.”

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2015, 12:10:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure oscar should just coach high school so he doesn't have to worry about stuff like this.

This is what he said in the midst of falling apart his 2nd to last year at Illinois.

“It’s college basketball,” Weber said. “There are a lot of influences whether it’s uncles, cousins, grandpas, ministers, preachers, relatives, neighbors. They all have something to say. And there’s also the factor of other outside people.

“There’s so much clutter in kids’ brains. Instead of just coming here and listening and being coachable, it all takes a toll and maybe adds up in the long haul.”

Weber paused and said: “I shouldn’t have said ministers and preachers, but I’ve had that before, too.”
No Rabbis and Imams?

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2015, 12:11:27 PM »
Good for Vulture though, he's guaranteed a scholarship now.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2015, 12:15:22 PM »

Actually, it would be funny that despite all the transfers the staff still doesn't put Rholeder on scholarship and then he decides to quit.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2015, 12:19:23 PM »

Actually, it would be funny that despite all the transfers the staff still doesn't put Rholeder on scholarship and then he decides to quit.

YOU KNOW ME COACH!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2015, 12:20:57 PM »

YOU KNOW ME COACH!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2015, 12:24:20 PM »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2015, 12:24:47 PM »