Author Topic: Seff is a monster  (Read 40265 times)

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Seff is a monster
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
"I was a little surprised he didn't touch on (his future plans)," Self said. "But he's excited about next year. I think he thought that this would just be a day to talk about X. And things can always change. But he's certainly excited about what's going on with our program.

Kid rough ridin' announces for the draft, and Bill is caught up with bitching about how Xavier didn't pimp "the program."  JFC Bill.   :facepalm:  Christ, the quote is from the Lawrence Journal World....just imagine how bad it was before the massaged it.   :opcat:

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/apr/07/xavier-henry-press-conference-set-3-pm/

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Seff is a monster
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »
what an ass.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 09:28:56 PM »
uk - nothing but the Biggest and Best in Coaching... well, the best anyway.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

wetwillie

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 09:49:07 PM »
Seff would love nothing more than to see these kids play 4 years and tear their ACL to win the National Championship game for him so he can toss them away like old rags.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 10:45:20 PM »
He's talking about CJ Henry, guys.

From the exact same article:

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/apr/07/xavier-henry-press-conference-set-3-pm/

When asked while seated at a table with Xavier and KU coach Bill Self, Xavier's brother, C.J., declined to talk about his future plans at KU.

After the news conference, however, Self indicated that he believed C.J. would return for his sophomore season.

"I was a little surprised he didn't touch on (his future plans)," Self said. "But he's excited about next year. I think he thought that this would just be a day to talk about X. And things can always change. But he's certainly excited about what's going on with our program.

"We've talked a lot. He's out there busting his butt, trying to get 100-percent healthy and get his rhythm so we can see where he stands. It's hard for him right now to see exactly where he stands in relationship to everybody else because we haven't seem him be 100-percent healthy over an extended period of time. He's a talent, I've said all along. He's a talent. He just needs to have a good spring and good summer to get back healthy and to get his rhythm back."

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:47:53 PM by BMWJhawk »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 10:51:42 PM »
The fact that Seff fells the need to act "surprised" that the other Henry didn't blather on and on about next year still tells us a lot about how much affirmation and validation Seff must require. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 11:03:56 PM »
The fact that Seff fells the need to act "surprised" that the other Henry didn't blather on and on about next year still tells us a lot about how much affirmation and validation Seff must require. 

yeah. pete just mistyped. meant one, said the other. doesn't change the fact that self seems like a horrible human being.

"look at me. talk about me. worship me..." - bill self

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 11:06:31 PM »
yeah, i'm gonna have to side with Pete on this one. Sorry Beams...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 11:10:04 PM »
He's talking about CJ Henry, guys.

From the exact same article:

When asked while seated at a table with Xavier and KU coach Bill Self, Xavier's brother, C.J., declined to talk about his future plans at KU.

After the news conference, however, Self indicated that he believed C.J. would return for his sophomore season.

"We've talked a lot. He's out there busting his butt, trying to get 100-percent healthy and get his rhythm so we can see where he stands. It's hard for him right now to see exactly where he stands in relationship to everybody else because we haven't seem him be 100-percent healthy over an extended period of time. He's a talent, I've said all along. He's a talent. He just needs to have a good spring and good summer to get back healthy and to get his rhythm back."

:rolleyes:

So CJ should be all about the program and not be happy for his brother?  It was X's day, Self is just being a huge ass.  What else is new?

Self will send him packing before the beginning of the next season. Really a sad way to run a program.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »
OH YEAH? Well ku has more NC than KSU and one less than Dook over 50 yrs and that means that ku is gooder, so there. And, and, and bill self is the greatest coach he knows.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 12:37:54 PM »
I also met Bill Self at Final Four and I was definitely not impressed with him. He seemed a little arrogant to me.

^ A professional writer at the Final Four. :rolleyes:

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 01:27:25 PM »
I also met Bill Self at Final Four and I was definitely not impressed with him. He seemed a little arrogant to me.

I met him at a high school basketball game and he was actually pretty gracious and respectful to everyone. No cockiness or arrogance from what I saw. I would have expected that considering the fact that he was sitting next to Billy Donnovan and two other D1 college coaches from Iowa who I care to not name at this point.

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 02:01:36 PM »

I met him at a high school basketball game and he was actually pretty gracious and respectful to everyone. No cockiness or arrogance from what I saw. I would have expected that considering the fact that he was sitting next to Billy Donnovan and two other D1 college coaches from Iowa who I care to not name at this point.

Saw him at the KSU baseball game in Lowrents last yr, he refused to autograph some kids' stuff.  He's pretty much focused on just doing what's best for him.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 02:12:35 PM »
Saw Self at a Walmart shopping for an AC Delco battery for his boat.  When a little kid walked by him to get to the fishing section to buy a fishing pole with snoopy on it (the bobber is woodstock) Self shoved him up against the AC Delco brand batteries and told him never to walk between him and what he's focused on.  We're talking about a kid who's about 7 years old here.  Self then pissed his pants and yelled at a WalMart employee to come clean it up while he ate some Doritos he didn't even pay for. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
Saw Self at a Walmart shopping for an AC Delco battery for his boat.  When a little kid walked by him to get to the fishing section to buy a fishing pole with snoopy on it (the bobber is woodstock) Self shoved him up against the AC Delco brand batteries and told him never to walk between him and what he's focused on.  We're talking about a kid who's about 7 years old here.  Self then pissed his pants and yelled at a WalMart employee to come clean it up while he ate some Doritos he didn't even pay for. 

that's a funny (made up) story and all but on a serious note, how in the world does selff's wife put up with all of his drinking and carousing? do they have an "open" relationship? it's times like this that i really appreciate coach martin and his down to earth wife, family and christian values. :twocents:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 02:39:03 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 02:36:27 PM »
At least learn how to f*cking read before you start a thread like this.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 02:48:28 PM »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 02:57:55 PM »
There’s a rumor on the Internet that Self has decided to remove freshman guard Elijah Johnson from the basketball team, possibly for disciplinary reasons.

:surprised:

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 06:52:32 PM »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 07:11:57 PM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 12:21:19 AM »
Sorry bros, guess I missed the first sentence of that article. I guess I just assumed that they're had to be some sort of financial incentive for a washed-up minor league baseball player to want to remain on KU's roster next season.

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 05:52:16 AM »
Sorry bros, guess I missed the first sentence of that article. I guess I just assumed that they're had to be some sort of financial incentive for a washed-up minor league baseball player to want to remain on KU's roster next season.

It's good that CJ's coming back since Teabag chose fball -- interesting tho that no tears where shed by the white guys leaving early, hmmmm.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 01:45:50 PM »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 05:21:55 PM »
CJ Henry is coming back next year:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/apr/08/cj-henry-expected-back-ku/

:lol:

What a waste of a scholarship.

CJ isn't on scholarship.

:dunno:

Dammit!  Did Doug Compton "hire" his family too?

:facepalm:

The guy was a first round draft pick for the New York Yankees.