Author Topic: 2016 Recruiting Thread  (Read 79796 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2014, 11:00:05 AM »
Barret Benson is also schedule for an unofficial visit this weekend.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ucf/basketball/recruiting/player-Barret-Benson-152037

Feel like the staff is now able to shift their focus towards 2016, this is a huge advantage.

We'll see what guys we can still land and how recruits pan out, but this staff currently is recruiting how I've (realistically) always wanted K-State to recruit. Find solid 3 star guys that are high major players and land a few 4 stars when you can.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2014, 11:11:17 AM »

Feel like the staff is now able to shift their focus towards 2016, this is a huge advantage.

We'll see what guys we can still land and how recruits pan out, but this staff currently is recruiting how I've (realistically) always wanted K-State to recruit. Find solid 3 star guys that are high major players and land a few 4 stars when you can.
Recruiting to fit is something oscar's Illinois staff struggled with, IMO. Would have to ask Mr. Bread for conformation. I believe his new staff is doing a better Job at it. Also love how they recruit nationally and not regionally. We need to spread a wide net. Also love how this staff sticks to their guns on evaluation. It was so smart to put a premiums on guys like Foster and Brown even though we are involved with so called higher ranked kids.

Chester and Alvin have been killing recently for how green they are to high major recruiting. I hope both of them become a little more fearless and learn when to take their shots at highly rated kids(:star::star::star::star::star:). 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2014, 11:25:59 AM »

Recruiting to fit is something oscar's Illinois staff struggled with, IMO. Would have to ask Mr. Bread for conformation. I believe his new staff is doing a better Job at it. Also love how they recruit nationally and not regionally. We need to spread a wide net. Also love how this staff sticks to their guns on evaluation. It was so smart to put a premiums on guys like Foster and Brown even though we are involved with so called higher ranked kids.

Chester and Alvin have been killing recently for how green they are to high major recruiting. I hope both of them become a little more fearless and learn when to take their shots at highly rated kids(:star::star::star::star::star:).

Near the end (when people thought oscar had "fixed" his poor earlier recruiting efforts) oscar appeared to simply chase star-ratings.  He was going after the second-tier local four star guys after the bluebloods took their pick.  Most of them didn't seem to fit his system or at least he couldn't get them to adhere to it and the team tanked and he got canned. 

The 2009-2011 classes look good on paper, but they didn't play to their collective ranking at all.  oscar's offense needs shooters and passers, and he recruited guards like Paul, Head and Abrams all of whom are slashers with mediocre to crap poor outside shooting and distributing skills.  Richardson was a decent three-point shooter, but again a crap passer and dribbler.  All were top 100 four star local guys, but over three classes not one of the guards fit what oscar wanted to do and it showed big-time.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:02:38 PM by Mr Bread »
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2014, 11:28:59 AM »
Also oscar won't be legitimately recruiting five stars.  He isn't cut out for that no matter who he has on staff, nor do I imagine he has any real interest in doing so. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2014, 11:34:22 AM »
Also oscar won't be legitimately recruiting five stars.  He isn't cut out for that no matter who he has on staff, nor do I imagine he has any real interest in doing so.
Staff defiantly has to have a big in, to take the chance.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2014, 11:40:27 AM »

Yeah, there are always exceptional circumstances where it could happen.  The problem with those guys though isn't just the competition, but the waiting.  They force staffs to dick around while other lesser, but more realistic kids might decide to go elsewhere.  Nobody likes to be slow-played or second-fiddled.  oscar and co. aren't good enough do that against other power conference shools who make those kids a priority.  No non-blue bloods are.  Very risky. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2014, 11:42:17 AM »
Will be interesting to see how this plays out in three or four years.  I mean Foster skews everything so much.  If he had turned out to be just any old three star, what then?  Very hard in today's day and age of ubiquitous prep hoops recruiting dossiers that you can find a kid that under-ranked and without big dog interest.  He made oscar at K-State. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2014, 11:43:42 AM »

Yeah, there are always exceptional circumstance where it could happen.  The problem with those guys though isn't just the competition, but the waiting.  They force staffs to dick around while other lesser, but more realistic kids might decide to go elsewhere.  Nobody likes to be slow-played or second-fiddled.  oscar and co. aren't good enough do that against other power conference shools who make those kids a priority.  No non-blue bloods are.  Very risky.
UNLV is very good at doing this, but also it could just be that U$N$L$V is really good at this.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2014, 11:46:40 AM »
Will be interesting to see how this plays out in three or four years.  I mean Foster skews everything so much.  If he had turned out to be just any old three star, what then?  Very hard in today's day and age of ubiquitous prep hoops recruiting dossiers that you can find a kid that under-ranked and without big dog interest.  He made oscar at K-State.
Yea the question is if Foster moved K-State success up a couple of years or if he is simply why K-State is having success.

Fosters class at K-State could easily be oscar's best recruiting class ever.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2014, 11:56:07 AM »

Yeah, there are always exceptional circumstance where it could happen.  The problem with those guys though isn't just the competition, but the waiting.  They force staffs to dick around while other lesser, but more realistic kids might decide to go elsewhere.  Nobody likes to be slow-played or second-fiddled.  oscar and co. aren't good enough do that against other power conference shools who make those kids a priority.  No non-blue bloods are.  Very risky.
UNLV is very good at doing this, but also it could just be that U$N$L$V is really good at this.

Rice is a rough ridin' dork.  Look at this hair-helmeted fuckface.

They not surprisingly do it the right way ($). They should fire this loser though. Why help him land five star studs and then squander them?  Also you have a walking, talking shitbrain as the face of your program.  I get he's a former player, but still. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2014, 12:00:46 PM »
Yea the question is if Foster moved K-State success up a couple of years or if he is simply why K-State is having success.

In terms of on-court success/program impact, these are the only contenders:

#1) https://rivals.yahoo.com/illinois/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2007

#2) https://rivals.yahoo.com/illinois/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2009

It's a pretty low bar really. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2014, 12:02:42 PM »
HoopDreamsMag: Kansas State, Boston College, VCU, Butler, Columbia, & UMASS were on the Vermont Academy Campus today for workouts.

Vermont Academy has three players of note. Both Lowery and Frazier followed Vermont Academy twitter account.

oscar Brown 6'3" pg (4 Star Ranked 58)
https://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-oscar-Brown-142369;_ylt=AitzaNO_b8Zc6iKk_Gv38uXfsJB4

Typique Jones 6'7" PF (3 Star Ranked 112)
https://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Tyrique-Jones-164245;_ylt=AqDitugIP.ddJztsTlQ4H5nfsJB4

Sedee Keita 6'10" C (4 Star Ranked 49)
https://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Sedee-Keita-152534;_ylt=Aq7AvgE4.llPyCivwTCARtHfsJB4

Have three open Scholarships for 2016 DJamer, Edwards and Hurt.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2014, 12:25:24 PM »

In terms of on-court success/program impact, these are the only contenders:

#1) https://rivals.yahoo.com/illinois/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2007

#2) https://rivals.yahoo.com/illinois/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2009

It's a pretty low bar really.
Holly crap, 2/3 of oscar's coaching staff at Illinois are now coaching High school basketball. Jesus oscar's had a shitty staff.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »
It was very frustrating.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2014, 02:13:27 PM »
Holly crap, 2/3 of oscar's coaching staff at Illinois are now coaching High school basketball. Jesus oscar's had a shitty staff.

Not intending to say anything about gender, but Price is coaching a women's high school team.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2014, 02:33:48 PM »

Not intending to say anything about gender, but Price is coaching a women's high school team.
I think the worst part is I don't think Jerrance Howard is good at anything except star chasing recruits. I don't think he is a good evaluator of talent or B-Ball coach, Just a guy that can land highly ranked kids.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2014, 02:43:29 PM »

I think the worst part is I don't think Jerrance Howard is good at anything except star chasing recruits. I don't think he is a good evaluator of talent or B-Ball coach, Just a guy that can land highly ranked kids.

Can confirm. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2014, 11:26:41 AM »
The EYBL Circuit
?@D1Circuit
CIA Bounce F Eddie Ekiyor (@Eddie_Ekiyor) picks up an offer from Kansas State. #Big12 #D1 #Wildcats @BounceTTCAAU

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2014, 11:33:23 AM »
In the lead for DeQuan Bracey, he really like us. He is a Chester Frazier recruit and I absolutely love Chester taste in point guards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZFBcQEpd_c

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/daquan-bracey

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »
In the lead for DeQuan Bracey, he really like us. He is a Chester Frazier recruit and I absolutely love Chester taste in point guards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZFBcQEpd_c

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/daquan-bracey

DeQuan Bracey is a great name, but need confirmation on if it's Dee-Quan, Day-Quan, or Da-Quan

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »
Evan_Flood: Three-star 2016 SG Skyler Nash gives his #Badgers visit very high marks http://t.co/4KW5uCjf7G @jerrymeyer247 (VIP)
He is another former AAU teammate of Malek's. He is wanting to take an official to K-STATE. Malek is doing a great job of recruiting.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2014, 04:10:24 PM »

Yeah, there are always exceptional circumstances where it could happen.  The problem with those guys though isn't just the competition, but the waiting.  They force staffs to dick around while other lesser, but more realistic kids might decide to go elsewhere.  Nobody likes to be slow-played or second-fiddled.  oscar and co. aren't good enough do that against other power conference shools who make those kids a priority.  No non-blue bloods are.  Very risky.
And the 5 star guys are almost always 1 and done so you have to turn around and replace them in 8 months. 

Really, unless Barnes really gets rolling again at UT, I think the 3star Webercats will have no problem competing in the upper half of the league and with occasional runs at the Big12 with some luck (a DITR like Foster, a slightly down league, a bunch of upper classmen, etc).

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2014, 03:41:28 PM »
WolvesILL: ILLWolves 2016 C 6'10 Barret Benson Hinsdale S @#97 & SG 6'4 Skyler Nash WY @#138 crack National Top 150 http://t.co/IhNdbbKtvE
A couple of our targets.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2014, 12:42:33 PM »
 De'Aaron Fox visting late night.  :Yuck:

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile