Author Topic: Jason King  (Read 42512 times)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: Jason King
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 11:40:23 AM »
I'm not 100% certain that any of you know who Jason King is

I'm pretty sure he's just another ku fan that didn't feel the need to enroll in school there.

He's actually a Baylor fan who went to school at Baylor.  Shocking, I know.

fwiw baylor fans hate the crap out of us for some reason :ck:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 12:51:53 PM »
I'm not 100% certain that any of you know who Jason King is

I'm pretty sure he's just another ku fan that didn't feel the need to enroll in school there.

He's actually a Baylor squawk fan who went to school at Baylor.  Shocking, I know.

Very shocking.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:54:18 PM by AbeFroman »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2011, 01:12:33 PM »
gonna hate on Jason on twitter about this. Just need to pick my spot. and be subtle. Most likely he'll have no clue wtf im talking about.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=jn-king_college_hoops_preseason_power_rankings_091411

BIG 12

NCAA tournament teams: Kansas, Baylor, Texas A&M, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Texas

On the bubble: Oklahoma State, Iowa State

Outlook: Kansas has won seven straight Big 12 championships, but the Jayhawks will be hard-pressed to keep the streak alive following the early departures of Marcus and Markieff Morris and Josh Selby to the NBA and the graduation of savvy veterans Brady Morningstar and Tyrel Reed. Kansas’ backcourt should be salty with Tyshawn Taylor and Elijah Johnson, but there doesn’t appear to be much help for All-American candidate Thomas Robinson down low. One thing working in Kansas’ favor is that there won’t be many elite-level teams in the Big 12 this season, so a conference championship is still a very real possibility. The main challenger to Kansas’ throne will be Baylor. Other than Kentucky and North Carolina, there won’t be a team in the country as talented and deep as the Bears, who tout two forwards (Perry Jones and Quincy Miller) who could be among the first 10 players selected in next summer’s NBA draft. Mix in the return of Quincy Acy and Anthony Jones and the addition of standout guards Brady Heslip, Pierre Jackson and Deuce Bello, and it’s easy to see why Baylor is the popular choice to win the Big 12 title. New Texas A&M coach Billy Kennedy inherited a talented team that will be led by NBA prospect Khris Middleton. And first-year Missouri coach Frank Haith walked into an excellent situation in Columbia, where Marcus Denmon and Laurence Bowers highlight an impressive list of returnees. Texas probably lost as much as any team in the conference but, as always, Rick Barnes signed a standout recruiting class led by point guard Myck Kabongo.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2011, 02:13:38 PM »
of course this comes out now...

JasonKingYahoo Jason King
Excited to give Kansas fans an unprecedented, behind-the-scenes look into the last 10 years of Jayhawks basketball with ...."Beyond the Phog: Untold Stories from Kansas Basketball's Most Dominant Decade" The 400-page book will be available in stores Sept. 30.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2011, 04:06:06 PM »

Excited to give Kansas fans an unprecedented, behind-the-scenes look into the last 10 years of Jayhawks basketball with ...."Beyond the Phog: Untold Stories from Kansas Basketball's Most Dominant Decade" The 400-page book will be available in stores Sept. 30.

Well if not paying child support, molesting women on elevators, killing your child, shooting old ladies with BB guns, fighting the football team, smashing your girlfriend's head on a sink, getting DUIs while being a front for your dad to pay players, and not graduating high school are the told stories, I cannot wait to find out the UNTOLD stories.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2011, 04:12:35 PM »
But really Jason King is very objective when it comes to ku . . . honest.

I mean, one time, he actually wrote a story somewhat critical of ku, and let me tell you, the way he dove into their last probation was worthy of a Pulitzer, real Woodward and Berstein stuff there.

He may have deviated from Lew Perkins dictation of the story once, if not twice.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:14:27 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2011, 04:45:15 PM »

BSAC?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2011, 07:59:22 AM »
he just blocked me on twitter :frown:
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2011, 08:00:44 AM »

make a column on twitter.  you can still follow and mock him.  did you quote his email?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2011, 08:04:14 AM »

make a column on twitter.  you can still follow and mock him.  did you quote his email?

no, hadn't even got that far. I was just asking about his book.

WW_ksu
@JasonKingYahoo does your book cover everything that happened in the last decade? Or is it just a 1-sided knob slobbering feel good story?

@WW_ksu Go to kusports.com, read the excerpt that ran today and tell me if you think it's a fanboy book. Yes, it covers everything.

WW_ksu
@JasonKingYahoo The Jay Wright trash talk?? Who knew that stuff actually goes on?? crazy.

@WW_ksu You're right. I've read that anecdote tons of places.

and that was it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:12:41 AM by WillieWatanabe »
- chunkles

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2011, 08:07:20 AM »
if that excerpt from the book wasn't pure fanboy bullshit, I don't know what is.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/sep/15/beyond-phog-mario-chalmers-villanova-coach-jay-wri/

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »
SteveDave is NOT going to like this....

The following is an excerpt from "Beyond the Phog - Untold Stories from Kansas Basketball's Most Dominant Decade." Compiled by Jason King of Yahoo! Sports and Lawrence Journal-World sportswriter Jesse Newell, the 400-page book includes interviews with 40 players and coaches from the most successful era in Jayhawks history. "Beyond the Phog" will be available in stores Sept. 30. KUSports.com will run excerpts from the book throughout the next few weeks.
In Mario Chalmers' words ...

A LITTLE PAYBACK

People like to talk about the North Carolina and Memphis games, but one of the biggest wins for us during the NCAA Tournament was against Villanova.

That game was personal, because Jay Wright – the Villanova coach – had also been the head coach of the USA Basketball team that represented the country in the Pan Am games the previous summer. Jay Wright cut both Sherron and me from that team and kept his own player from Villanova, Scottie Reynolds, who had clearly been the worst player at the entire camp. He led the whole camp in turnovers. Sherron didn’t play all that well, either, because his knee hadn’t recovered from the previous season. But for me, I felt like I did everything right. I led them in steals, I had a lot of assists and I barely had any turnovers. But I wasn’t shooting the ball very much. They used one of those international balls, so they were different. I didn’t like the ball. I shot maybe six times.

When they cut me, they told me it was because I didn’t score and that they wanted a scoring point guard. I was like, “Why do y’all need all these scorers? What do you need a scoring point guard for when you’ve got all these other scorers?” They had Alonzo Gee from Alabama and guys that could already score. I was just trying to get other players involved. When they cut me, I was hurt. I was like, “Oh, you wanted me to score and you didn’t tell me that?” They had told Coach Self they just wanted a guy to distribute the ball, but Jay Wright cut me and kept his own player.

So when it came to the Villanova game, Coach Self called Sherron and me into his office and said, “How do you feel about this Villanova game?” I said, “Coach, this is personal to me. I don’t like Jay Wright.” He was like, “I understand that, but keep it out of the media.” So when the media asked if it was a personal game, we’d say, “No, it’s not personal. It’s just another game.” But during the game we were talking all kinds of s--t to Jay Wright. We’d run by him and tell him, “Sit your ass down! We got this!” Another time we said to him, “This is what you get for cutting us. We’re about to dog you!” Anytime we were throwing the ball in from the sideline, when he was standing up trying to call a play, we’d tell him to shut his mouth and sit down. There was one play where I threw a lob to Shady on an inbounds pass and he dunked over Scottie Reynolds. Right before I threw it I looked at Jay Wright and said, “Watch this!” That game was definitely personal for Sherron and me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2011, 08:34:11 AM »
What kind of loser doesn't like Jay Wright?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2011, 08:37:31 AM »
What kind of loser doesn't like Jay Wright?

The kind who is so shitty that he can't even win a championship with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh on his team.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2011, 08:38:50 AM »
not the point SD. The point is Jason King is bringing us this unbelievable access to the dark side of KU bball, not just some homer piece.

I mean talking trash to jay wright. JAY WRIGHT!!
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2011, 08:42:25 AM »

A LITTLE PAYBACK

People like to talk about the North Carolina and Memphis games, but one of the biggest wins for us during the NCAA Tournament was against Villanova.

No fan boy here.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2011, 08:43:18 AM »
i'm totally cool with him writing a ku fanboy book and i'd love for someone to write a ksu one. him acting like it is anything more than that is hilarious though.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2011, 08:44:13 AM »

A LITTLE PAYBACK

No fan boy here.

those were Mario Chalmers' words.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »

A LITTLE PAYBACK

No fan boy here.

those were Mario Chalmers' words.

:DNR:

:dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2011, 08:53:33 AM »
"Beyond the Bliss- Untold Stories from College Basketball's Most Dominant Collection of Murderous Thugs."

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2011, 09:36:49 AM »
if that excerpt from the book wasn't pure fanboy bullshit, I don't know what is.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/sep/15/beyond-phog-mario-chalmers-villanova-coach-jay-wri/

After reading that I'm thoroughly convinced there is no way ku players made racist remarks to Denis. So congrats Jason King, you've accomplished at least one near-impossible task: increasing Fitz's credibility.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:38:21 AM by slimz »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2011, 10:03:55 AM »
I don't really care what those guys did, what makes me  :lol: is knowing that Johnson County Bandwagon ku fan world would be all  :horrorsurprise: and all  :blah: amongst each other if players at any other school were reported to have done something like that.    Talking about what thugs K-State or MU or a select few other schools recruit.   

Now all the ku bandwagon fanboys eat all that stuff up. 

Hypocrisy . . . thy name is bandwagon ku basketball fan.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2011, 10:04:50 AM »

After reading that I'm thoroughly convinced there is no way ku players made racist remarks to Denis. So congrats Jason King, you've accomplished at least one near-impossible task: increasing Fitz's credibility.

wow. nice angle. I like it.
- chunkles

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2011, 10:06:48 AM »
Is there a section about beating women up?  Should be about 100 pages if he is accurately covering ku basketball.