Author Topic: Jack Harry  (Read 44027 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Harry
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2013, 11:57:53 PM »
Jack: You don't think they were overrated these mumble Jayhawks
Deaf  Frank: Who
Old Man Senile Jack: Kayhawks
Frank: number 1 yeah okay blah blah

Don't fall into this trap. It's just 610 asshats and Joe Davis trying to stir crap up.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2013, 09:10:40 AM »
What's laughable is that instead of apologizing or saying it was a slip of the tongue he flat out denied saying it.  Everyone heard it, Jack denies it.  Excellent strategy.
@lopakman

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2013, 11:09:09 AM »
Jack: You don't think they were overrated these mumble Jayhawks
Deaf  Frank: Who
Old Man Senile Jack: Kayhawks
Frank: number 1 yeah okay blah blah

Don't fall into this trap. It's just 610 asshats and Joe Davis trying to stir crap up.

This is what I heard too. He clearly half said KU, half said Jayhawks. Result? Kayhawks. The only homophobes around these parts are ku fans who call Andrew Wiggins bad things for not being amazing.

Offline chemhawk

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2013, 11:19:55 AM »
What's laughable is that instead of apologizing or saying it was a slip of the tongue he flat out denied saying it.  Everyone heard it, Jack denies it.  Excellent strategy.
i
Had he said it's awful, it was an unintentional slip of the tongue, and it will never happen again....most of us wouldn't care.  The bizarre denial is puzzling.  I mean seriously, right?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2013, 11:59:48 AM »
frank boal and jack harry are reading phog.net, cackling, and rolling blunts right now chem.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2013, 12:00:53 PM »
Why does anyone care? Does anyone take him seriously?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2013, 12:01:03 PM »
like 95% sure he said it...however i'd be lying if i didn't find the KU uproar hilarious. Even Jason King getting involved.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »
i've never seen a fanbase so sensitive and acceptable to trolling from two corny middle aged and older tv/radio dorks. if it's not one thing, it's another with the ku fanbase and jack harry/keitzman. the world is out to get us/chicken little thing of their collective fanbase as a whole is so weird.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2013, 01:03:53 PM »
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=12456686

Welcome to phog.butthurt

Amazing how a 30 second clip is causing their day-to-day lives to come crashing to the ground  :lol:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2013, 01:07:38 PM »
When I was at KU, the student newspaper printed a fold-out page before the K-State hoops game that read "Hugs and Thugs" (or something along those lines).  K-State fans freaked out and threw a temper tantrum, and the student newspaper was forced to issue an apology.  Quit pretending like you guys are above outrage. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2013, 01:09:04 PM »
When I was at KU, the student newspaper printed a fold-out page before the K-State hoops game that read "Hugs and Thugs" (or something along those lines).  K-State fans freaked out and threw a temper tantrum, and the student newspaper issued an apology.  Quit pretending like you guys are above outrage. 

link?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2013, 01:11:12 PM »
When I was at KU, the student newspaper printed a fold-out page before the K-State hoops game that read "Hugs and Thugs" (or something along those lines).  K-State fans freaked out and threw a temper tantrum, and the student newspaper issued an apology.  Quit pretending like you guys are above outrage.

Do you not know the difference between calling 18-22 year old college students thugs and simply tripping on your words?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »
When I was at KU, the student newspaper printed a fold-out page before the K-State hoops game that read "Hugs and Thugs" (or something along those lines).  K-State fans freaked out and threw a temper tantrum, and the student newspaper was forced to issue an apology.  Quit pretending like you guys are above outrage.

Should have been hugs (Kstate) vs thugs (kthug)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2013, 01:12:22 PM »

link?

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2007/feb/08/kansas_basketball_notebook/?print

KSU officials were upset at an illustration in the KU student paper Wednesday depicting Huggins in jail with the words, "Hugs and Thugs" included in the drawing.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2013, 01:14:51 PM »
K-State fans freaked out and threw a temper tantrum

KSU officials were upset

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2013, 01:15:23 PM »
I don't live in Kansas City, and if I did, it's unlikely I would let this guy terrorize my life in the apparent manner that he does so many others.  That said, if the shoe were on the other foot, this place would look like the Jewish League HQ after Mel Gibson jerked off on Masada.  FSD would be working all his connections in the LGBT community, pounding every angle to find the right hook for the story.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2013, 01:16:12 PM »
And for the record, I'm more offended by the news stations' denial of the slur than I am by Jack Harry.  They should have just issued an apology, suspended Jack for a few weeks, and left it that.  Now they're just digging themselves a deeper hole, and creating a situation where it will be hard not to fire Jack.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2013, 01:22:10 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »
the ku meltdown in Kansas City over this is monumental.  I have never seen a bigger meltdown in this city.  As influential as ku fans are in KC, expect Jack to be fired in a few hours, as mad as they are and as much sway as they have.

This is the biggest thing to happen in lawrence since Quantrill according to my jayhawk friends.  This is just opening up those old wounds

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2013, 01:32:20 PM »
The butthurt on 610 is laughable too. Bob Fescoe also posting stuff about it on FB. If he said "gay-state" there would be no coverage by 610 on this matter. Can garauntee that 100%.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2013, 01:37:14 PM »
the video is obviously doctored, does anyone have a copy which doesn't conveniently skip around right when the alleged slur was slurred?  answer is no, because it didn't happen.  sucks that some KthUg undergrad is learning Final Cut and costing jack harry his reputation.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2013, 01:39:26 PM »
the video is obviously doctored, does anyone have a copy which doesn't conveniently skip around right when the alleged slur was slurred?  answer is no, because it didn't happen.  sucks that some KthUg undergrad is learning Final Cut and costing jack harry his reputation.

Try the first video at the bottom of the article:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/10/4683251/did-jack-harry-utter-an-offensive.html

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2013, 01:47:54 PM »
I don't know a single ku fan who isn't freaking out about this

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2013, 01:51:58 PM »
Same.  I think they are super butthurt about this because Jack is a MU guy, so they feel not only insulted, but insulted and the MU fanbase is  :lol: at them.