Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (HOPEFULLY NO LONGER FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 889333 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bob Knight to Purdue grumblings. Sorry if already posted

It definitely hasn't been posted, no credible source would put their name to that.  That's a really stupid rumor.  I heard Billy Tubbs is going to Miami with Norm Stewart and Johnny Orr as his assistants.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile

It definitely hasn't been posted, no credible source would put their name to that.  That's a really stupid rumor.  I heard Billy Tubbs is going to Miami with Norm Stewart and Johnny Orr as his assistants.

Oh. Fatlock was just retweeting some garbage I thought I'd mention it.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Wasn't JW the one behind it? He's just having fun i guess. Apparently wasn't getting enough attention.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Wasn't JW the one behind it? He's just having fun i guess. Apparently wasn't getting enough attention.

Don't know. I went to take a shower, got back and I saw all kinds of Painter to Mu and Knight to Purdue. Overwhelming to say the least  :runaway:

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter

Johnny Orr does live in Florida...

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Johnny Orr does live in Florida...
Mike Leach  :love:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Dick Weiss New York Daily News
matt painter to missouri 7 yrs 14 mill' tigers got a great coach will purdue make a pitch for brad stevens 27 minutes ago via web

:horrorsurprise:
everyone has that tweet but I don't see it on his twitter feed
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Painter's wiki bio is already getting changed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Painter
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
Will awaken a sleeping giant......

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
The Knight rumor is a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) thing started by whitlock.  You can tell because he is saying that purdue is going to pay him $10m/yr.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
I know Alden is meeting w/Painter, still think he is playing the game-listen/nod/smile-go back to Purdue and get paid-IMHO

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Love that Frank got the NC State job offer and didn't use it to get more money/publicity.

We <3 you, Frank.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
I know Alden is meeting w/Painter, still think he is playing the game-listen/nod/smile-go back to Purdue and get paid-IMHO

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Love that Frank got the NC State job offer and didn't use it to get more money/publicity.

We <3 you, Frank.

Frank is the greatest!   :love:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

We <3 you, Frank.

May end up getting more money out of it, but at least he's not making it public, which is a very honorable thing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
GaryParrishCBS Gary Parrish
Here's a quick news story on Josh Pastner agreeing to an extension with Memphis: http://bit.ly/f7lVpq

Memphis officials will announce later today that the school has reached a deal on a new and extended contract with Josh Pastner, a source told CBSSports.com on Tuesday.

Pastner had been linked to openings at N.C. State, Missouri and Oklahoma in recent days. He just took Memphis to the NCAA tournament and should return a preseason Top 25 team next season headlined by Will Barton, Joe Jackson, Tarik Black and incoming freshman Adonis Thomas, a McDonald's All-American from Melrose High in Memphis

Pastner is 49-20 in two years with the Tigers.

He replaced John Calipari in April 2009.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
GaryParrishCBS Gary Parrish
Here's a quick news story on Josh Pastner agreeing to an extension with Memphis: http://bit.ly/f7lVpq

Memphis officials will announce later today that the school has reached a deal on a new and extended contract with Josh Pastner, a source told CBSSports.com on Tuesday.

Pastner had been linked to openings at N.C. State, Missouri and Oklahoma in recent days. He just took Memphis to the NCAA tournament and should return a preseason Top 25 team next season headlined by Will Barton, Joe Jackson, Tarik Black and incoming freshman Adonis Thomas, a McDonald's All-American from Melrose High in Memphis

Pastner is 49-20 in two years with the Tigers.

He replaced John Calipari in April 2009.

Ha ha!  I was 1/3 right on the NC State tweet!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Katz reporting Pastnew 5 year ext. OU never interested, but openings are nice for HCs to re-up. Congrats to Josh and Memphis

Is OU still working the Buzz angle, or has Buzz decided to say at Marquette?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Katz reporting Pastnew 5 year ext. OU never interested, but openings are nice for HCs to re-up. Congrats to Josh and Memphis

This morning, Gottlieb said that Buzz isn't going anywhere.  Has a pretty steep buyout, apparently.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This morning, Gottlieb said that Buzz isn't going anywhere.  Has a pretty steep buyout, apparently.

Have they even identified any real candidates yet, or are they just going to try to go back to the VCU well?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Have they even identified any real candidates yet, or are they just going to try to go back to the VCU well?

curtiskitchen Curtis Kitchen
#Oklahoma basketball fans, if they exist, should be terrified at the silence surrounding the job opening. Hardly a blip...

:lol:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
OU has been insanely quiet about the coaching search.  Literally not a peep from anybody.  Guarantee that they'll hire some no-name guy that will be a huge bust.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
If Mizzou lands Painter I do think they did very well. Not an upgrade, not a downgrade- Painter likely to be more successful in conference
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Marshall?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
LOL @ curtis kitchen acting like he has his finger on the pulse of anything.