Author Topic: Obama appeals to his base  (Read 8738 times)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Obama appeals to his base
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 04:09:57 PM »
i use the time i could be spending on politics out making money to support my lovely wife and kids :th_twocents:

The more money I make the more interested I become.

Trust me, you're not making enough to actually have a good reason to care.

I doubt you've ever written a check to the IRS.

That was a weird response.

High income earners and business owners understand.

Congrats on paying quarterly Mr. Rockefeller

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »
Sucks to know no matter how far I go in life, I'll never have that teach me how to dougie money. Bet the one percent has better parties.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 04:26:20 PM »
Sucks to know no matter how far I go in life, I'll never have that teach me how to dougie money. Bet the one percent has better parties.

No Xbox, though. Obama gives their Xboxes to us instead.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »

No Xbox, though. Obama gives their Xboxes to us instead.

eff yes

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 04:30:50 PM »
i made a whole bunch of socks to vote for obama last time and i've got like 10 xboxes now

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 04:32:11 PM »
i made a whole bunch of socks to vote for obama last time and i've got like 10 xboxes now

That won't work now that that son of a bitch Kris Kobach is requiring ID. He must be a hardcore gamer or something.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 04:36:15 PM »

That's great. You can pawn nine for drugs, buy Xbox live with your welfare, and just ball out for a month.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2014, 04:38:28 PM »
Well, if I were going to scam the system like that, I would give one of my Obamaboxes to Cousin Pookie. I mean, sure, he could just get off his lazy ass and go vote for one of his own, but I'm going to be at the ballot anyway and that's what cousins are for.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »
I don't think you guys are treating this situation with the gravity it demands.  :dubious:

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2014, 04:49:12 PM »
i use the time i could be spending on politics out making money to support my lovely wife and kids :th_twocents:

The more money I make the more interested I become.

Trust me, you're not making enough to actually have a good reason to care.

I doubt you've ever written a check to the IRS.

That was a weird response.

High income earners and business owners understand.

Congrats on paying quarterly Mr. Rockefeller

It's better than paying all at once.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 12:18:27 PM »
K-S-U is BITB at extracting butthurt, ignorance and hypocrisy from leftist pit posters.  They fall for it every time, it's uncann6.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2014, 01:45:31 PM »
K-S-U is BITB at extracting butthurt, ignorance and hypocrisy from leftist pit posters.  They fall for it every time, it's uncann6.

I agree that k-s-u is great

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2014, 03:26:16 PM »
It's almost like Obama is intentionally sabotaging the midterms, but why? Here's his latest attack ad fodder, this time dished up for David Perdue in Georgia...

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/221690-obama-if-nunn-wins-dems-keep-senate

President Obama is urging voters to help Georgia Senate candidate Michelle Nunn defeat Republican David Purdue, telling a radio station Thursday that Democratic control of the Senate depends on her victory.

“If Michelle Nunn wins, that means that Democrats keep control of the Senate,” Obama told Atlanta radio station V-103. “And that means that we can keep on doing some good work. So, it is critically important to make sure that folks vote.”

Got that Georgia? A vote for Nunn is a vote for a Democrat Senate.

Nunn may very well eak out a win, but she's not going to top 50%, which means a January runoff she'll almost certainly lose once the libertarian candidate is off the ballot.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2014, 04:21:32 PM »
Why is it, do you think, that Republicans enjoy such a turnout advantage during midterm elections?

Midterms largely go against the incumbent president, regardless of party.  When one party gets to smear the other relentlessly and can hindsight what they would've done, they have a nice advantage.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2014, 05:00:19 PM »
Ksuw might be one of the biggest morons in the Kstate fanbase. Def top 5 for biggest piece of crap human in the fanbase
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »
Ksuw might be one of the biggest morons in the Kstate fanbase. Def top 5 for biggest piece of crap human in the fanbase

The butthurt is seeping out of the computer screen

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »
The most intelligent voters vote at mid-term.  This accounts for the high Republican turnout.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 09:29:22 AM »
Democrats simply have no shame. There is no depth to which they won't sink to enflame racial tensions as long as it drives turnout of "their" demographic. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/30/us/politics/from-democrats-election-focus-on-racial-scars.html?_r=0

In the final days before the election, Democrats in the closest Senate races across the South are turning to racially charged messages — invoking Trayvon Martin’s death, the unrest in Ferguson, Mo., and Jim Crow-era segregation — to jolt African-Americans into voting and stop a Republican takeover in Washington.

The images and words they are using are striking for how overtly they play on fears of intimidation and repression. And their source is surprising. The effort is being led by national Democrats and their state party organizations — not, in most instances, by the shadowy and often untraceable political action committees that typically employ such provocative messages.

In North Carolina, the “super PAC” started by Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the majority leader, ran an ad on black radio that accused the Republican candidate, Thom Tillis, of leading an effort to pass the kind of gun law that “caused the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.”

In Georgia, Democrats are circulating a flier warning that voting is the only way “to prevent another Ferguson.” It shows two black children holding cardboard signs that say “Don’t shoot.”

The tactics being employed by Democrats in North Carolina as the black turnout there could decide which party controls the Senate.

The messages are coursing through the campaigns like a riptide, powerful and under the surface, largely avoiding television and out of view of white voters. That has led Republicans to accuse Democrats of turning to race-baiting in a desperate bid to win at the polls next Tuesday.

“They have been playing on this nerve in the black community that if you even so much as look at a Republican, churches will start to burn, your civil rights will be taken away and young black men like Trayvon Martin will die,” said Michael Steele, a former chairman of the Republican Party. “The reality of it is, the Democrats realize that their most loyal constituency is not as loyal as they once were.”

Democrats say Republicans need to own their record of passing laws hostile to African-American interests on issues like voting rights. The decision to use such overt appeals reflects just how much they are relying on black voters in the states in the old Confederacy, where key Senate races could decide which party controls the chamber.

Democrats are defending vulnerable incumbents in Arkansas, Louisiana and North Carolina. And if they lose more than one of those races without picking up an open seat in Georgia, their odds of holding on to the majority will shrink considerably.

One way to hang on is to increase the share of the black vote that typically turns out in a midterm election. To do so, Democrats are seizing on racial mistrust and unease, the same complicated emotions often used against them in the South.

The attacks have been most aggressive in North Carolina, where Democrats have said they need to raise the share of the electorate that is African-American to 21 percent, from 19 percent in the last midterm election in 2010, to prevail over Republicans, who control both chambers of the state legislature and the governor’s mansion.

The group started by Mr. Reid, Senate Majority PAC, ran the ad on black radio that Republicans said all but accused Mr. Tillis, the Republican speaker of the State House, of killing Mr. Martin, an unarmed black teenager who was fatally shot in Florida in 2012. In the ad, the announcer reads through a list of policies Mr. Tillis supported that blacks are likely to find offensive, like curtailing early voting in the state. And then it turns more ominous.

“Tillis even led the effort to pass the type of ‘Stand Your Ground’ laws that caused the shooting death of Trayvon Martin,” the announcer says. The music playing in the background abruptly stops.

Republicans have slammed the ad as race-baiting. “Have you heard this race-hustling Kay Hagan ad paid for by Harry Reid’s super PAC?” a new radio ad paid for by a conservative group asks, referring to the Democratic incumbent. “Probably not. Because they’re not running it on this station.”

Though Mr. Tillis was the speaker of the State Assembly at the time the law passed, he was not an ardent supporter of it. One local gun-rights group criticized him for not being supportive enough at the time.

A spokesman for Senate Majority PAC, Ty Matsdorf, defended the message. “Our ad focuses on an issue that was the subject of national attention and debate and is important to voters across the spectrum in North Carolina,” he said.

At a campaign rally over the weekend for Senator Hagan, one of her supporters, Alma Adams, who is in the State Legislature, said, “We need to send Uncle Thom — Tillis, that is — home.”

Ms. Hagan’s campaign has often referred to remarks in which Mr. Tillis appeared to equate reparations for slavery with social welfare programs. Governments created such public assistance programs, he said in 2007, based in part on the “belief that we should provide additional reparations” to those whose ancestors were enslaved.

In addition, at a black church in Fayetteville, leaflets with a grainy image of a lynching have appeared, warning voters that if Ms. Hagan loses, President Obama will be impeached.

Similar messages are reaching black voters in Arkansas, where Senator Mark Pryor, a second-term Democrat, is up for re-election, and Georgia, where the retirement of Senator Saxby Chambliss, a Republican, has given Democrats a shot at the seat.

In Arkansas, voters are opening mailboxes to find leaflets with images of the Ferguson protests and the words: “Enough! Republicans are targeting our kids, silencing our voices and even trying to impeach our president.” The group distributing them is Color of Change, a grass-roots civil rights organization.

In Georgia, the state Democratic Party is mixing themes of racial discrimination with appeals to rally behind the only black man elected president. “It’s up to us to vote to protect the legacy of the first African-American president,” one flier reads.

Another invokes Ferguson. “If you want to prevent another Ferguson in their future,” the leaflet says over a picture of two young black children, “vote. It’s up to you to make change happen.”

For many African-Americans, feelings of persecution — from voter ID laws, aggressive police forces and a host of other social problems — are hard to overstate. And they see no hyperbole in the attacks.

“It’s not race-baiting; it’s actually happening,” said Jaymes Powell Jr., an official in the North Carolina Democratic Party’s African-American Caucus. “I can’t catch a fish unless there’s a worm on the hook.”

All right, so let's have this "dialogue about race" the libtards are always clammoring for. Doesn't this all seem incredibly racist? Doesn't this sort of race-baiting actually harm racial relations?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:35:53 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 11:13:14 AM »
The "Uncle Thom" thing was pretty bad, (both in terms of taste and misuse of the term), as is the lynching leaflet in Fayetteville, but overall the rest is pretty reasonable.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 12:21:31 PM »
The "Uncle Thom" thing was pretty bad, (both in terms of taste and misuse of the term), as is the lynching leaflet in Fayetteville, but overall the rest is pretty reasonable.

I know this is a troll, but . . .

The Fayetteville referred to is in North Carolina, not Arkansas. They are completely separate racist leaflets.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 12:32:21 PM »
Well this is embarrassing for fsd
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
Basically the dems version of "If you vote for Obama they will take you guns away" fear mongering.

Both parties do this nonsense guys.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
Basically the dems version of "If you vote for Obama they will take you guns away" fear mongering.

A major difference is that the government has never really taken guns away but we have had government authorized slavery, disenfranchisement, racism in police departments, etc.

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 01:04:16 PM »

A major difference is that the government has never really taken guns away but we have had government authorized slavery, disenfranchisement, racism in police departments, etc.

returning to jim crow and slavery are about as likely as a gun round up IMO. its a fair point that those are historical truths tho