Author Topic: Marco Rubio Master Thread  (Read 58957 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Marco Rubio Master Thread
« Reply #500 on: February 10, 2016, 02:41:25 PM »
Is Larouche running?

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 11, 2016, 12:27:58 PM »
Rubio's tax plan would cost 6.8 trillion in revenue over a decade. But the economic growth that will happen because of it when we are all dead will be mind boggling.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/2000606-an-analysis-of-marco-rubios-tax-plan.pdf

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 11, 2016, 12:31:49 PM »
Rubio's tax plan would cost 6.8 trillion in revenue over a decade. But the economic growth that will happen because of it when we are all dead will be mind boggling.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/2000606-an-analysis-of-marco-rubios-tax-plan.pdf

there was a good piece, i think on 538, about how concerns about deficits and debts no longer resonate with voters.  all of the candidates, pub and crat, have tax and spending plans that will add substantially to the debt.  it's no longer considered a problem.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 11, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »
It's not a problem, they are correct
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 11, 2016, 12:33:59 PM »
Also, people rightly acknowledge that these plans have to pass through Congress, which is largely in gridlock, so people ignore the plans and focus on the vision and beliefs of the candidates.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 11, 2016, 12:36:43 PM »

there was a good piece, i think on 538, about how concerns about deficits and debts no longer resonate with voters.  all of the candidates, pub and crat, have tax and spending plans that will add substantially to the debt.  it's no longer considered a problem.

Which is always funny to me, because pubs always talk about how much they care about the deficit/debt, then release tax plans that will explode both.

Also I don't think it's that big of a problem yet, but at some point I would like to see the deficit curtailed.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 11, 2016, 01:09:45 PM »
Also, people rightly acknowledge that these plans have to pass through Congress, which is largely in gridlock, so people ignore the plans and focus on the vision and beliefs of the candidates.

I don't think a tax cut would have a lot of trouble getting passed if the republicans can keep control of congress.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 11, 2016, 01:14:12 PM »
Is this an analysis of only a tax plan, or a budget? See, a tax plan is only half the equation. It's actually significantly less than half the equation when it comes to debt reduction, as historically the amount of tax revenue as a percentage of GDP has stayed remarkable consistent regardless of tax rates. What is more important is (a) health of the economy (mo' money mo' tax revenue, and tax reductions would help the economy - by how much is debatable) and (b) reduced spending.

So to simply say "this tax plan adds ____ to the deficit" is pretty meaningless.

Granted, it is far easier for Republicans to propose "tax plans" for how much they are going to reduce taxes, than it is to propose detailed spending cuts.

Ideally, we should be slightly reducing and significantly simplifying our tax code, while cutting spending by about 5% per year for the next several years. That's just common sense and it really shouldn't be hard to achieve except for, you know, politicians in general and particularly Democrats.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 11, 2016, 01:18:06 PM »
Is this an analysis of only a tax plan, or a budget? See, a tax plan is only half the equation. It's actually significantly less than half the equation when it comes to debt reduction, as historically the amount of tax revenue as a percentage of GDP has stayed remarkable consistent regardless of tax rates. What is more important is (a) health of the economy (mo' money mo' tax revenue, and tax reductions would help the economy - by how much is debatable) and (b) reduced spending.

So to simply say "this tax plan adds ____ to the deficit" is pretty meaningless.

Granted, it is far easier for Republicans to propose "tax plans" for how much they are going to reduce taxes, than it is to propose detailed spending cuts.

Ideally, we should be slightly reducing and significantly simplifying our tax code, while cutting spending by about 5% per year for the next several years. That's just common sense and it really shouldn't be hard to achieve except for, you know, politicians in general and particularly Democrats.

:lol:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 11, 2016, 01:32:51 PM »

Cruz, Rubio, Trump all want to massively increase military spending.  MASSIVELY.  There is no possible way they would hold spending that much if they were forced to clarify their actual budget.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: February 11, 2016, 01:43:26 PM »
If I want to keep military at current levels is kasich my guy? 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 11, 2016, 01:44:35 PM »
Yea, you cannot get close to a balanced budget without either raising taxes or cutting military spending. Just the amount of money we spend on keeping nuclear missiles ready to launch at a moment's notice is ridiculous.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 11, 2016, 01:53:35 PM »

Cruz, Rubio, Trump all want to massively increase military spending.  MASSIVELY.  There is no possible way they would hold spending that much if they were forced to clarify their actual budget.

I agree, we should be focused on making our military more efficient. Still, I bet I could come up with a way to both increase military spending and decrease spending overall...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 11, 2016, 02:52:10 PM »

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 11, 2016, 02:57:19 PM »
Marco kills it on Hannity:

He takes responsibility for why he did poorly and they go on to discuss how silly the attack on him was in the first place. Crazy that Jeb spent 40 million in NH - 10 million alone on Rubio attack ads. Rubio only spent around 10 million and left the state with the same amount of delegates.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 11, 2016, 02:58:29 PM »

He takes responsibility for why he did poorly and they go on to discuss how silly the attack on him was in the first place. Crazy that Jeb spent 40 million in NH - 10 million alone on Rubio attack ads. Rubio only spent around 10 million and left the state with the same amount of delegates.

If Rubio's benchmark for campaign success is Jeb then he's doing it wrong

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 11, 2016, 02:59:32 PM »

If Rubio's benchmark for campaign success is Jeb then he's doing it wrong

It's not, he just mentions that both Jeb and Kasich went all in on NH and that they would have trouble moving forward.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 12, 2016, 05:50:49 PM »
Yeah, it's basically a question of which kind of crazy you want as a rebublican voter.  Zealot crazy or egomaniac crazy.

The guy from Texas is absolutely both

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 12, 2016, 05:55:28 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 12, 2016, 05:57:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/SCforMarco/status/697804476447469568

Rubio 20 - 16 BABY!

why do white veterans love taking long selfie videos so much?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 14, 2016, 01:20:38 AM »
Maro appeared Presidential tonight.  All the others were whizzing on each other.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 14, 2016, 01:22:15 AM »
Mario appeared #HAF

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 14, 2016, 02:49:57 PM »
A CBS poll has Marco.the.Great winning.  The others.that.fought came off mean kids in a.sandbox fighting over a.worm.  kasich look like he was whizzing himself and proudly telling eveyone.  Carson came like the smart kid who follows a bug around the playground.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 14, 2016, 03:22:48 PM »
he's just so damn likable.  i don't even like him, but look at that spanish thing with cruz.  just one of those and now i sort of like him already.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #524 on: February 14, 2016, 06:59:38 PM »
Marco is the least psychopathic of the presidential front runners. Kascish is right there too, but I don't like him as a person.  The Dems and the Donald are mouth breathing troglodytes - they're perfect for the modern american constituency.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd