Author Topic: Weed  (Read 61318 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: Weed
« Reply #400 on: December 11, 2017, 10:17:43 PM »
It's getting confusing with all of the hybrids. Need a weed consultant to order me the strain that will do what I want.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 12, 2017, 11:59:04 AM »
I got my medicinal card via app doctor consultation and had Eaze deliver it to my door and I am saving a lot of booze money and calories. I actually vape!

:cool:
You still need a medicinal card in California?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong because I don't do it much here in CO, but I think if you live in a recreational state and plan on investing a lot of money into the market, it would be much more fiscally responsible to get a medical card anyway.

Most things I've seen in CO are anywhere from 30-50% cheaper with a card.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 12, 2017, 12:00:52 PM »
Tax cheat smdh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 04, 2018, 09:11:30 AM »
It’s just hilariously stupid how Sessions views this issue.

1. War on drugs does nothing to eliminate market on marijuana which drug cartels capitalize on big time

2. Some states legalize marijuana which results in massive state revenue and less money to drug dealers

3. Other states where marijuana is illegal still have issues with #1

4. “Welp, I guess we need to really amp up the war on drugs then.”

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 04, 2018, 09:25:22 AM »
Well weed has made all those unemployed coal miners do heroin

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 04, 2018, 10:21:41 AM »
The GOP is really against states' rights.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 04, 2018, 10:46:17 AM »
It’s really only weed jokes that need to be banned, but if this is what it takes to get the bar’s karaoke lady to quit saying the same line about “munchies” 3 times per night, go ahead and ban weed too.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 04, 2018, 10:47:18 AM »
You guys should really watch Narcos. SMDH.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 04, 2018, 11:48:40 AM »
You guys should really watch Narcos. SMDH.

I've seen Narcos, I didn't see any weed.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 04, 2018, 12:41:57 PM »
Empty prisons don't meet shareholder demands

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 04, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »
nothing says small government conservatism like engaging in a war against marijuana.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 04, 2018, 12:58:30 PM »
Even as an anti-weedite I think this move by Trump and Sessions is petty and ridiculous, shame on that elf.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 04, 2018, 01:20:17 PM »
BIG GOVERNMENT ON THE MOVE.

Warm up the cops shooting people thread though, that will get a workout

The Big Train

« Reply #414 on: January 04, 2018, 03:35:54 PM »
No reason for me to go to CO anymore

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 04, 2018, 04:19:48 PM »
 :gocho:
Even as an anti-weedite I think this move by Trump and Sessions is petty and ridiculous, shame on that elf.
I agree.  I don’t like the selective enforcement of the law.  Obama did it and it torqued me off.  Now runt Session is doing it now.  Trump is trump.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 08, 2018, 04:53:25 PM »
Pretty neutral statement

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 09, 2018, 12:30:54 PM »
I was just thinking the stares have too much say in governing within their own borders, they need more national law enforcement.  Sort of an autonomous, non-jurisdictional national police

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 09, 2018, 11:17:27 PM »
does JEFF SESSIONS have the BALLS to send the DEA to raid the state coffers of Colorado ET AL to take possession of their ILLEGAL DRUG money TAX revenue?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 07, 2018, 08:49:01 AM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 09, 2018, 12:49:49 AM »
Some pak'd farmer/grower lady at the bar gave me some earlier, so if any of you people will be up here soon and somehow at my place without having walked by any of the stores, you can have it and save like $5.

Giant mess of freaks outside the showbox for "dark star orchestra," including the above lady who recognized us b/c Payton was wearing her same bright pink raincoat and in turn wouldn't quit earhole'n us as we were trying to walk home.  Normally, I'm the blunt one, but this time it was Payton who refused to let the lady use her cig-tainted hands to touch her.  She offered me more weed and I declined, not telling her I ended up throwing her november gift away.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2018, 09:35:26 AM »
So long, Sessions.

Trump abandons crackdown on legal Marijuana
Policy change could eliminate threat to businesses in state

By EVAN HALPER
WASHINGTON

The Trump administration is abandoning a Justice Department threat to crack down on recreational marijuana in states where it is legal, a move that could enable cannabis businesses in California and other states that have legalized pot to operate without fear of federal raids and prosecution.

President Donald Trump personally directed the abrupt retreat, which came at the behest of Republican Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado. White House officials confirmed the policy shift Friday. Trump did not inform Attorney General Jeff Sessions in advance of the change in policy.

Gardner was incensed in January when the Justice Department announced that it was rescinding an Obama-era policy that directed federal prosecutors not to target marijuana businesses that operate legally under state law. The senator had blocked Justice Department nominees in retaliation.

In conversation with Trump this week, Gardner said he was assured that the federal government would not interfere with his state’s marijuana industry and that Trump would champion a new law that gives states the authority to set their own pot policies. In response, he lifted his remaining holds on nominees.

“Late Wednesday, I received a commitment from the president that the Department of Justice’s rescission of the Cole memo will not impact Colorado’s legal marijuana industry,” Gardner said, referring to the Obama-era policy, named after former Deputy Attorney General James Cole, who issued it.

“Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states’ rights issue once and for all.”
White House officials confirmed that Gardner’s comments accurately reflect the administration’s position.

“The president did speak with Sen. Gardner yesterday and again today,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters Friday at the White House. She said “the president is a firm believer” in states’ rights and confirmed Gardner’s account of the assurances he received from the president was accurate.

A Justice Department official, who requested anonymity to speak frankly about internal discussions, confirmed that Trump did not consult Sessions before talking with Gardner. Sessions, a longtime anti-drug crusader, personally announced the administration’s marijuana crackdown policy in January.

The attorney general and Trump have had a frosty relationship for months, largely over Trump’s continued criticism that Sessions recused himself from any involvement into the federal investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

California is one of eight states in which recreational marijuana is legal. The administration’s announcement in January that it was allowing prosecutors to target businesses selling pot legally under state laws put a cloud of uncertainty over the rapidly growing cannabis industry.

The talk of a crackdown threatened to slow investment in marijuana companies, which risked shutdown and seizure of their products at the decision of a single U.S. attorney. Under federal law, marijuana remains categorized as among the most dangerous drugs available, and one that has no valid medical purpose.

Marijuana stocks, which started the day down, surged after word spread of the Trump administration’s new posture toward the industry.
The mixed signals coming out of the administration, however, left some marijuana advocates proceeding with caution.

“I’m a big fan of wait-and-see what happens, but this is amazing news,” said Will Senn, co-founder of Urbn Leaf, which operates two licensed marijuana stores in San Diego and will soon open a third.
“I don’t think this will have much impact on retail sales. But it could help lead to more financial investment in the cannabis industry.”

Senn is vice president of Floris Fund, a private equity fund that is trying to raise $40 million to invest in the cannabis industry. He said the fund has raised close to half that figure.
“Today’s news will help our industry across the board, with everything from banking to investments to greater public acceptance,” said Lincoln Fish, chief executive of Outco, a cultivator and wholesaler near El Cajon that provides stores with recreational and medical marijuana.

“This has always been a states’ rights issue and we are pleased that this administration has finally recognized that right.”
Zach Lazarus, co-founder of A Green Alternative, a licensed retailer in Otay Mesa, said, “It would be unwise for Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions to try to shut down lawful dispensaries. It’s legal. People want it.

“Our growth is going through the roof, we’re employing more people, and we’re paying our taxes.”
Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., a leader of the Congressional Cannabis Caucus, called the commitment Gardner secured from Trump “another head-spinning moment.”
“We should hope for the best, but not take anything for granted,” Blumenauer said. “Trump changes his mind constantly, and Republican leadership is still in our way.”

Blumenauer is championing a measure that would prohibit federal law enforcement from using any money to crack down on recreational marijuana businesses operating legally under state law. That would expand an existing law that prevents federal law enforcement agencies from using their funds to go after companies legally selling medical marijuana, which is permitted in 29 states. The ban is the result of a budget rider Congress approved in 2014, and has renewed multiple times since.

Halper writes for the Los Angeles Times.

Union-Tribune staff writer Gary Robbins contributed to this report.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 14, 2018, 10:47:18 AM »
In conversation with Trump this week, Gardner said he was assured that the federal government would not interfere with his state’s marijuana industry and that Trump would champion a new law that gives states the authority to set their own pot policies. In response, he lifted his remaining holds on nominees.

Finally a pro cannabis President, we have waited so long.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 14, 2018, 12:18:27 PM »
Trump  :love: