Author Topic: College basketball is way better than NBA.  (Read 4949 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
College basketball is way better than NBA.
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:41:29 AM »
I just want to barf up maggots when I hear sport shows going off on NBA basketball.  Ooooooo, Labron.  Ooooooo Stephy.  Give it a break.  In my opinion I as a fan like college basketball better.  I like the unpredictable runs in the tournament, having cussing fits about my team, and arguing about KU not really being so hot.  NBA.  Same teams year after year. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: College basketball is way better than NBA.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 09:25:44 AM »
Wow, I feel the same way with BB vs FB.  :gocho:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 05:04:33 PM »
It's actually not. NBA is basically better in every way except the Cats don't play in it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 09:21:39 AM »
That's a pretty big negative
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 09:33:27 AM »
It's pretty simple, if you like watching really good basketball you like the NBA.  If you like watching garbage basketball you like the NCAA.  To each his own.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 09:38:58 AM »
It's pretty simple, if you like watching really good basketball you like the NBA.  If you like watching garbage basketball you like the NCAA.  To each his own.

yep

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 09:48:22 AM »
I don't like contrasting between good and garbage here. College football is definitely garbage, but SOOO much better than the total snoozefest NFL.

Also, the NBA is only really good in the playoffs. Regular season has too many games.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 10:02:03 AM »
I don't like contrasting between good and garbage here. College football is definitely garbage, but SOOO much better than the total snoozefest NFL.

Also, the NBA is only really good in the playoffs. Regular season has too many games.

Agreed.  The NBA has 1/3 of the teams with no interest in winning making a lot of those games just terrible.  For large stretches, even the good teams show a disinterest in winning in an effort to rest or develop their teams. 

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 12:46:50 PM »
Over/Under on the number of NBA games that justanotherguy has watched in his lifetime is set at 5.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 12:50:43 PM »
i like the first 30 games of the regular season, after that until the playoffs is a snoozefest. the drama is so much better in the nba.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 12:55:48 PM »

Agreed.  The NBA has 1/3 of the teams with no interest in winning making a lot of those games just terrible.  For large stretches, even the good teams show a disinterest in winning in an effort to rest or develop their teams. 

Yeah I'll disagree with this. They definitely don't play as hard night-in/night out as the playoffs and I agree they play too many games but there are a ton of fascinating regular season storylines and the requirement of a bench to be successful plus scheduled rest makes about every game interesting if you follow a team. And even the bad teams have promising young players that make things interesting - take the Sixers the last few years.

I mean of course the playoffs are going to be better than the regular season, nothing is better than NBA playoffs.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 12:56:22 PM »
i like the first 30 games of the regular season, after that until the playoffs is a snoozefest. the drama is so much better in the nba.

this year the west playoff race was amazing

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 01:44:19 PM »
that's true. end of seasons can be good too, like when curry was blowing everyone's mind during the 73 win season. i'm sure you'd much rather have durant than not, but damn would i have loved to see more curry as the clear #1 option during his prime, putting up 35+ a game.

these insane individual performance are so much less common and more meh in cbb. they tried with trae young and it was meh. a lot of college stars are boring good, or if they have talent, too raw. only steph, durant and  :love: michael beasley :love: really blew minds (maybe there were others but if they were relevant i wouldn't have to think. simmons maybe?)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 01:46:41 PM »
Yes I kinda do wish the warriors hadn't signed Durant for reasons you mentioned. On the flip side you see some of the most incredible team play when the two of them share the court with Klay

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 02:21:38 PM »
that's true. end of seasons can be good too, like when curry was blowing everyone's mind during the 73 win season. i'm sure you'd much rather have durant than not, but damn would i have loved to see more curry as the clear #1 option during his prime, putting up 35+ a game.

these insane individual performance are so much less common and more meh in cbb. they tried with trae young and it was meh. a lot of college stars are boring good, or if they have talent, too raw. only steph, durant and  :love: michael beasley :love: really blew minds (maybe there were others but if they were relevant i wouldn't have to think. simmons maybe?)

For the most part college coaches are insuffereable overcoachers who refuse to allow their star players to take over games like they should.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 02:47:55 PM »

For the most part college coaches are insuffereable overcoachers who refuse to allow their star players to take over games like they should.

yes

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 03:15:26 PM »
the nba vs college coaches thing from 33 is so true

nba coach = justin timberlake
college coach = drake

one dude is chill as eff and the other tries way too hard

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 03:16:24 PM »
but they’re really different games so it’s kind of dumb to compare them

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 03:51:38 PM »
GSW still has another level to get to if they add Beasley.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 07:19:09 PM »
Is better really better?  College basketball is more fun I think.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 03:59:23 PM »
can you imagine javale mcgee, nick young, and michael beasley together? :love:

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 07:55:07 PM »
NBA sucks.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2018, 12:02:30 PM »
NBA sucks.

Yep. It really is ALMOST as lame as soccer.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 06:18:18 PM »
Can NBA be combined with pro rasslin?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 12:40:05 PM »

Yeah I'll disagree with this. They definitely don't play as hard night-in/night out as the playoffs and I agree they play too many games but there are a ton of fascinating regular season storylines and the requirement of a bench to be successful plus scheduled rest makes about every game interesting if you follow a team. And even the bad teams have promising young players that make things interesting - take the Sixers the last few years.

I mean of course the playoffs are going to be better than the regular season, nothing is better than NBA playoffs.

The one and you're out of the NCAA tourny makes it IMO more exciting on a per game basis. I get the appeal of the NBA playoffs though. The best in the world actually playing hard can be fun.

I just don't care overall about the NBA. It's stupid one and done rule makes college basketball a mess, and while the players are of course hands down better, I just don't find it fun for most of the season. It's just a snooze fest.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla