Author Topic: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Extended Yet And, If So, When  (Read 10690 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Extended Yet And, If So, When
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2017, 11:29:30 AM »
Window dressing extension bump to 4 years for a coach that made the tournament. I assume the negotiation didn't go well and Gene wants to hire his own guy.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2017, 11:38:49 AM »
not really sure why these buyouts are so late.

it's because agents also know when it would be convenient for schools to fire coaches and it is their job to negotiate contracts so that it is as inconvenient to fire their clients.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2017, 11:48:35 AM »
We just need Gene to work something out in early 2019 or even earlier w/a rogue huggins type who'd agree to the job behind the scenes then and agree to wait until 5/1/19 for it be made official.  Use that time when he's not technically the coach to be recruiting under no restrictions.

That, or give af about hoops and pay whatever it takes to get someone elite in at the earliest possibility, and make back the money by being good and having fans.

I'm sure either one of those scenarios will come to fruition.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2017, 11:57:24 AM »
I think oscar really wants to coach for the next 7 to 10 years and will likely bail at the end of this year for a mid major unless one of the Jc or Fr bigs are a complete stud

I am pretty sure next years schedule is soft enough for the team be above .500 so the mid major AD that hires oscar can still win the pc

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2017, 12:07:22 PM »
Gene probably wants to fire oscar at the end of the Season and hire Miles off the open market.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2017, 12:21:30 PM »
I think oscar really wants to coach for the next 7 to 10 years and will likely bail at the end of this year for a mid major unless one of the Jc or Fr bigs are a complete stud

I am pretty sure next years schedule is soft enough for the team be above .500 so the mid major AD that hires oscar can still win the pc

if true, and I don't for a second believe Bruth bolts from the golden goose for a mid major, but KSU doesn't want the optics of him leaving for a lesser job.   KSU needs to fire oscar for optics, or continue to ensure his employment.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Extended Yet And, If So, When
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2017, 12:35:02 PM »
If oscar was going to leave for mid major he would be gone by now. Plus, I don't see any mid major worth a darn hiring a 60 year old slightly above average P5 coach. oscar either retires from K-State or gets fired from K-State IMHO. There aren't many other likely scenarios.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2017, 12:35:30 PM »
I like it.  You guys be prepared for a quote of this comment after a couple of sweet sixteen runs.

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling. What in the world have you seen from Weber that makes you believe he is capable of putting together and keeping together a team capable of that?

In the end it's going to be the outside voices that get him to leave.  Everyone that has direct contact with him (players, coaches, staff etc) love the guy.  He's a good coach.  I get tired of hearing people say he can't coach, can't recruit etc.  It's not true and it's there for everyone to see but most of you guys can't because you are still sore that Frank isn't here anymore. 

It's like that movie Stepmom:

Frank = Susan Sarandon
oscar = Julia Roberts
Spoiled punk ass kids = You guys

Why do you enjoy mediocrity?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2017, 12:36:30 PM »
If oscar was going to leave for mid major he would be gone by now. Plus, I don't see any mid major worth a darn hiring a 60 year old slightly above average P5 coach. oscar either retires from K-State or gets fired from K-State IMHO. There aren't many other likely scenarios.

No mid major that would want him would be willing to pay what we do either

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2017, 12:44:58 PM »

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2017, 01:04:16 PM »
hire Miles off the open market.

:barf:
Saul Phillips at Ohio U is more likely imo

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2017, 01:12:32 PM »

it's because agents also know when it would be convenient for schools to fire coaches and it is their job to negotiate contracts so that it is as inconvenient to fire their clients.

well obviously.  It's also the job of the attorney of the university to take the opposite approach.  so, ya know. 

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2017, 02:00:51 PM »
I like it.  You guys be prepared for a quote of this comment after a couple of sweet sixteen runs.

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling. What in the world have you seen from Weber that makes you believe he is capable of putting together and keeping together a team capable of that?

In the end it's going to be the outside voices that get him to leave.  Everyone that has direct contact with him (players, coaches, staff etc) love the guy.  He's a good coach.  I get tired of hearing people say he can't coach, can't recruit etc.  It's not true and it's there for everyone to see but most of you guys can't because you are still sore that Frank isn't here anymore. 

It's like that movie Stepmom:

Frank = Susan Sarandon
oscar = Julia Roberts
Spoiled punk ass kids = You guys

Why do you enjoy mediocrity?

Seems to be a sliding scale for measurement around here.  So enlighten me what exactly does oscar have to do now to hang around these parts.

.. I mean short of being Frank Martin of course.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2017, 02:07:49 PM »
Win more games and lose less games. Last season was equivalent to the bazooka joe football season. Would you want a football coach where the bazooka Joe season was as good as it gets?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2017, 02:31:23 PM »
hatingfrancis has gotten really good at this oscar trolling stuff over the past year or so, i have to say i didn't see it coming

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2017, 02:36:45 PM »
Win more games and lose less games. Last season was equivalent to the bazooka joe football season. Would you want a football coach where the bazooka Joe season was as good as it gets?

That comparison doesn't even make sense.  And besides wouldn't 2013 be as good as it get's (which was pretty good), as was 2014, oh and hey 2017 wasn't so bad either.

He's done well for K-State basketball and at the very least deserved a better fan response than he got and continues to get now.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2017, 02:39:13 PM »
lol

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »
hatingfrancis has gotten really good at this oscar trolling stuff over the past year or so, i have to say i didn't see it coming

Gah, I hate being the gullible one  :blush:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2017, 02:53:26 PM »
Bazooka Joe happened tho because everyone was made of glass. oscar had a couple of guys like that last year too.  :surprised:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2017, 02:56:59 PM »
I believe only KU, ISU, WVU and KSU fans give 2 shits for basketball and any coach that can't keep us in the top half of the conference must go.  oscar is working on a 3 year streak on the wrong side of that line with the 4th year looking quite likely.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2017, 03:02:19 PM »
I don't even care about this. Except the gE broke it part.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2017, 03:08:52 PM »
I believe only KU, ISU, WVU and KSU fans give 2 shits for basketball and any coach that can't keep us in the top half of the conference must go.  oscar is working on a 3 year streak on the wrong side of that line with the 4th year looking quite likely.

Well that goes out the window when you have a former AD who decided to not give 2 shits for basketball

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2017, 03:40:15 PM »

OSU fans sort of care I guess? But overall, good take.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2017, 04:18:02 PM »
I'm hopeful that we will be better next season but it'll be tough without Westicles and DJammer.

I would guess that no NCAA tournament would get oscar fired, but what do I know?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2017, 06:03:16 PM »

OSU fans sort of care I guess? But overall, good take.

You can make a strong argument that they care the least. Baylor definitely cares more than all of the Oklahoma and Texas schools.