Author Topic: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Extended Yet And, If So, When  (Read 10691 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Extended Yet And, If So, When
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 03:35:52 PM »
Fans can bitch and stupidly moan all they want.
thanks, I will

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 03:38:49 PM »
i thought this was the end at the time. i really did.  :frown:

http://www.espn.com/ncb/recap/_/gameId/400916257

especially after his postgame meltdown

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 03:39:07 PM »
 :jerk:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

The Big Train

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »
I guess the "incinerate oscar Weber now.com" site is on hold

I was just about to release it too :frown:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 06:12:47 PM »
as long as korn got a raise IDGAF what optical illusion they play with oscar's contract
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 07:51:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/jlkurtz/status/892494195885318144

we were laughing at his dumbass trying to periscope the inside of his pleated jeans pocket.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »
I have had the opportunity to observe our men's basketball program and visit with oscar on multiple occasions since I became athletics director," Taylor said. "I couldn't be more pleased with the type of person we have leading our program. Coach Weber is well-regarded throughout college basketball as an outstanding coach and a man who conducts his program with integrity and class."

So is Taylor half full or half empty of horseshit?

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 08:27:22 PM »
Why on earth would you make the $2M lowered buyout date on May 1st? Who would wait around until May 1st to fire their coach?  :facepalm:

Offline ksufearless

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 08:50:41 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 10:07:29 PM »
Why on earth would you make the $2M lowered buyout date on May 1st? Who would wait around until May 1st to fire their coach?  :facepalm:

This cannot be stated enough, this is rough ridin' lunacy.

The Big Train

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2017, 10:12:18 PM »
1368 days, 11 hours and 20 min until oscar is fired

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20210501T081111&p0=3547&font=cursive

Welcome ksufearless!  What's your favorite weight room slogan?

Now, I made one of these a few years ago, at least I made an AngularJS app that had this website's widget embedded.  Not off to a great start IMHO.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2017, 11:29:25 PM »

This cannot be stated enough, this is rough ridin' lunacy.

This kind of oversight is entirely unsurprising given what we know about Gene so far.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2017, 11:35:50 PM »
It wasn't an option to reduce the buyout before 5/1/19.  His existing contract ran through 4/30/19, and KSU had nothing to offer him in exchange for reducing that buyout sooner.

His existing contract stays the same, with the exception of him having to tell KSU withing 72 hours of getting into serious talks about another job - and it'll be up to us to expose when that's happening a la when we broke the Marquette talks.

He now has a 2 year contract for 5/1/19 through 4/30/21 with a higher salary for those years but a much lesser buyout.

I imagine everyone in the negotiation knew that KSU wanted the ability to shitcan him at the earliest opportunity.  Given that there was no way to do that cheaply before 5/1/19, they made this deal to try to pitch to dumb people that all is well.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 12:35:48 AM »
We are BY FAR the loseriest athletic department in the country. Instead of a Venables/Frank combo we are going to end up with a Sean/oscar combo.

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2017, 05:45:39 AM »
It wasn't an option to reduce the buyout before 5/1/19.  His existing contract ran through 4/30/19, and KSU had nothing to offer him in exchange for reducing that buyout sooner.

His existing contract stays the same, with the exception of him having to tell KSU withing 72 hours of getting into serious talks about another job - and it'll be up to us to expose when that's happening a la when we broke the Marquette talks.

He now has a 2 year contract for 5/1/19 through 4/30/21 with a higher salary for those years but a much lesser buyout.

I imagine everyone in the negotiation knew that KSU wanted the ability to shitcan him at the earliest opportunity.  Given that there was no way to do that cheaply before 5/1/19, they made this deal to try to pitch to dumb people that all is well.

Dont state logical facts with this group of mouth breathers. It exceeds their mental faculties

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2017, 08:08:26 AM »
I like it.  You guys be prepared for a quote of this comment after a couple of sweet sixteen runs.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2017, 08:10:55 AM »

Dont state logical facts with this group of mouth breathers. It exceeds their mental faculties

DKmode500 bringing the heat this am.  damn DK don't hurt us.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2017, 08:15:09 AM »
I like it.  You guys be prepared for a quote of this comment after a couple of sweet sixteen runs.

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling. What in the world have you seen from Weber that makes you believe he is capable of putting together and keeping together a team capable of that?

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2017, 08:51:09 AM »

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling. What in the world have you seen from Weber that makes you believe he is capable of putting together and keeping together a team capable of that?

In the end it's going to be the outside voices that get him to leave.  Everyone that has direct contact with him (players, coaches, staff etc) love the guy.  He's a good coach.  I get tired of hearing people say he can't coach, can't recruit etc.  It's not true and it's there for everyone to see but most of you guys can't because you are still sore that Frank isn't here anymore. 

It's like that movie Stepmom:

Frank = Susan Sarandon
oscar = Julia Roberts
Spoiled punk ass kids = You guys

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2017, 09:23:27 AM »

This.  Gene's extension isn't necessarily the issue - it was JC's contract in the first place.  the 5/1/19 buyout trigger guarantees oscar is our coach in 2018-2019 or guarantees we're +2mil poorer coming March '18.  We're not firing him on May 1.

I'm admittedly low head coach contract negotiation IQ, but I googled the Cuonzo Martin contract and looks like April 30 is also the trigger date for his buyout.  given the NCAA championship game is in early April, not really sure why these buyouts are so late.  Snyder's buyout trigger is January 14, for instance.   

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2017, 09:58:02 AM »
Takes him through the end of Brown, Wade, and Stokes careers.

and he'll probably be able to win his first ncaa tourney game that year with those 3/4 year starters, so yeah, he's gonna retire here.
Wow,  Predicting we are going to win a tourney game  is pretty optimistic for a fan that does not care. 

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2017, 10:04:39 AM »
How does cynicism towards university leadership enthusiastically accepting bare minimum standards preclude not caring?

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »
How does cynicism towards university leadership enthusiastically accepting bare minimum standards preclude not caring?
I was just going by memes response on one of my earlier posts.  Glad to see he does care and is now predicting a tournament win.

no one cares cat97