Author Topic: The Twobeasts. Swampthing, Riphide, Meatsaw and Mangler.  (Read 2405 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Twobeasts. Swampthing, Riphide, Meatsaw and Mangler.
« on: July 11, 2017, 10:39:52 PM »
We know we have good one in Sneed.  He is like the mangler lion who gets to mangled the legs so others can go to carcass time.  Last year when he came in he electrified. 
Riphide Diarra is xciting people. Best athlete.  Needs nasty bastardball knowledge.  Should hit his stride at Christmas. 
Swampthing has potential but seems slow.
Meatsaw Love seems to be an enthusiastic spastic rebounder and wild whomper.
Mangler will start.  Diarra an important sub, 7th man.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: The Twobeasts. Swampthing, Riphide, Meatsaw and Mangler.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 10:56:23 PM »
I care!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:20:25 PM »
Ain't nobody got time to care or care about not caring in so many threads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 12:24:27 AM »
If some of you get bored go back and read the threads from when this rough ridin' loser was hired. The worst case scenario people were talking about was we would never get out of the round of 32 ever again. This piece of crap loser has managed to not even make it there in 5 rough ridin' years. I know it's mean to wish someone dead but that's the only hope anymore. The only hope for KSU basketball is that oscar Weber dies and someone is smart enough to hire someone decent. That piece of crap John Currie deserves stage 4 in the morning for what he did to this program.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 12:31:46 AM »
I'd like to read more posts about Mangler, personally

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 12:57:05 AM »

Mawien, Sallah give K-State basketball experience inside

MANHATTAN — The departure of senior forward D.J. Johnson created a void inside for Kansas State’s basketball team, which was compounded when sophomore-to-be Bullnuts was dismissed from the team in June.

K-State coach oscar Weber and his staff filled that need with a touch of experience with the addition of Makol Mawien from New Mexico Junior College and graduate transfer Mawdo Sallah from Mount St. Mary’s.

“I joked during the Catbackers Tour that we lost D.J. and we had to replace him with three or four guys,” Weber said.

Mawien, who is 6-foot-9 and 225 pounds, and the 6-9, 235-pound Sallah may not be traditional post-up big men but they will bolster the Wildcats’ inside game that is led by junior Claws and sophomore Xavier Sneed
“Makol is older,” Weber said of the sophomore who redshirted one year at Utah before going to junior college. “He’s been at a Division I school and been through junior college so he’s ahead of the other guys on the learning curve basketball-wise and maturity. He’s a talented player and we were very fortunate to get him.

“Mo is the same kind of long athletic guy, running and jumping,” Weber said of Sallah, who has two years of eligibility at K-State. “You lose D.J. and Isaiah, two productive big guys, and now you have an older guy for two years, which is important. I expect him to bring maturity and leadership. He’s only played basketball for four or five years and he was hurt one year at Mount St. Mary’s so he has a lot of upside to his game.”

Sallah is finishing his degree at Mount St. Mary’s but Mawien is on campus in Manhattan, taking part in summer workouts and adapting to his third school in three years.

“Having changes and learning new things every year is different but I’m getting used to it,” Mawien said. “It’s been a little bit of a transition but I’m kind of used to it, coming from a D-I my first year so I kind of know how it is. It wasn’t too big of a transition for me but I’m still working at getting used to it.”

Mawien was born in Egypt and came to the United States when he was 2 years old when his parents, originally from Sudan, brought the family to Utah.

“There was a war in Sudan so they had to leave,” he said. “They went to Egypt to the refugees camps and then came to America, so I grew up in Utah.”

Mawien’s father returned to Sudan five years ago, serving as an ambassador.

Weber has been most impressed with Mawien’s work in the weight room.

“He walked in here the first day and bench pressed 285 (pounds),” Weber said. “That’s rare … one of the best on our team. He has to get his legs stronger and do some other things.”

Mawien knows he must get stronger to compete in the Big 12 Conference but is confident his game will prove effective after averaging 8.7 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.0 blocks last season at NMJC.

“I’ve worked on getting my body bigger,” he said. “The coaches have talked to me about working down low, being physical, rebounding. I feel like my strengths are both with my back to the basket or facing up.”

Coming out of high school, Mawien was ranked the No. 148 prospect by Rivals.com and signed with Utah over offers from BYU, Gonzaga, Utah State and Boston College.

“I realized I needed to go to a place where I fit into the system a lot better and have a bigger role,” he said of his decision to leave Utah. “It was a learning experience. I became a better player that year. I got a lot bigger and gained some weight that year, as well.”

K-State’s need for an inside presence gave him an opening.

“It’s a big motivation for me,” Mawien said. “My first year I redshirted so I haven’t played at this level so I’m very excited. I want to work to get those minutes.”

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »
Mawien, who is 6-foot-9 and 225 pounds, and the 6-9, 235-pound Sallah may not be traditional post-up big men but they will bolster the Wildcats’ inside game that is led by junior Claws and sophomore Xavier Sneed
“Makol is older,” Weber said of the sophomore who redshirted one year at Utah before going to junior college. “He’s been at a Division I school and been through junior college so he’s ahead of the other guys on the learning curve basketball-wise and maturity. He’s a talented player and we were very fortunate to get him.

even Weber thinks our program is dogshit that we're fortunate to get a juco guy

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 02:08:05 PM »

A few other juco players we were fortunate to get when we couldn't sign a good player.  Mitch, Charles Bledsoe, Will Scott, Elliot Hatcher, Bob Chipman, Randy Reed, Jeremiah Massey   Imagine what Kruger or Hartman could have done without having to sign juco guys. 

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 02:59:12 PM »

A few other juco players we were fortunate to get when we couldn't sign a good player.  Mitch, Charles Bledsoe, Will Scott, Elliot Hatcher, Bob Chipman, Randy Reed, Jeremiah Massey   Imagine what Kruger or Hartman could have done without having to sign juco guys.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 03:01:19 PM »
wtf is Bob Chipman and Randy Reed

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 04:32:10 PM »
Sorry you are too young to be aware of these guys.  Both lowly juco players that were very key contributors to regional final teams. 

However, if you are a KSU basketball fan of any age, hard to not know who Chipman is.  Lon Krugers back court mate on two regional final teams. Current players and KU players including Graham are working his camp in Topeka this summer.
 Coached Washburn University since 1979. He is the 21st-winningest coach in college basketball history, with 788 wins entering the 2016–17 season.)

Randy Reed played 80/81 and 81/82 seasons.  6 ft 7 center who averaged 14pts a game on 57% fg % on the regional final team in 1981 and the sweet 16 team in 1982.  (Other players on those teams, Rolando, Ed Nealy, Tim Jandovich.  Maybe you have heard of them)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:17:47 PM by cat97 »

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 04:52:25 PM »

All true. Juco route and transfers are worthy options and those you mention were great for past KState coaches.

However, I can't recall anyone Weber has brought through the juco route that has amounted to anything worth remembering...

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 06:15:45 PM »

All true. Juco route and transfers are worthy options and those you mention were great for past KState coaches.

However, I can't recall anyone Weber has brought through the juco route that has amounted to anything worth remembering...
I agree with you so we'll just have to wait to see.  I think all three have good potential but all are stepping up in competition.   Sorry Reno but I have enough trouble remembering the names much less the Reno names.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 10:54:47 PM »
I agree with you so we'll just have to wait to see.  I think all three have good potential but all are stepping up in competition.

You are correct again, though I would differ on "we'll just have to." We don't. I pay lots of money to this university. Much more than I ever did as a student, and I expect much more than an education for that investment.

This is a revenue sport. Men's bball isn't something we throw out there to achieve Title IX compliance. We MUST be good in the W-L column and achieve in the post-season.

No, Men's bball is not the whale that football is in terms of revenue, but we need to be aware of the future. If the Big 12 really does implode as rumored, a truly post-season-competitive men's bball program could mean a lot in terms of whether we end up in a Power 5 conference or to the Mountain West level of the mentally-challenged schools.

If you want to "cheer for the kids" follow your participatory grade school teams. Big 12 men's basketball is about winning and realistically striving for championships. Anything less degrades the sport, your student-athletes, and the university.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 01:25:37 AM »
Not sure what recruit we could have that we would not have to wait and see how good they are. 
Maybe a five star like Wally Judge.  (Nope, should have waited on that one)
Maybe a lowly three star like Iwunda, Foster, Pullen, will surely suck.  (Nope, should have waited on those)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 08:34:10 AM »
i think the 97 is because this guy is 97 years old  :lol:  seriously, there's no way he didn't just make up names like Ed Neely and Charlie Bledsoe

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 08:42:24 AM »
i think the 97 is because this guy is 97 years old  :lol:  seriously, there's no way he didn't just make up names like Ed Neely and Charlie Bledsoe
  No doubt I know more about KSU basketball than you do.  I'm OK with that.  Makes it a lot easier to make intelligent obserrvations. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:45:47 AM by cat97 »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 09:02:41 AM »
  No doubt I know more about KSU basketball than you do.  I'm OK with that.  Makes it a lot easier to make intelligent obserrvations.

:D

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 09:12:13 AM »
In fairness to lemy, juco ball is not what it was 20 to 30 years ago.  It has been supplanted somewhat by prep schools.  A lot of the better talent is matriculating to these grease ball sleazy institutions.  Prepboys often bring with them bad baggage and attitude problems.  These guys coming to Catland are thrilled to be here.  Hopefully this equates to maximum effort from them.  I will take a husslin sweaty buttbuster any day over a dope head prima donna who thinks all they have to do is just be.   These guys bring an intangible ingredient missing from our team, grit.  Raw meqn nasty grit.  Weber best not try to panzify these guys.  Let them go a Vader.   Inside of stomping around on the sidelines like sissy agitated wimpy kid, oscar should be yelling to attack, no mercy.   I am tired of oh well shucky dang we got beat attitude.  I think these guys want to win, ND their drive will be infectious.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 09:39:49 AM »
If you people are really gonna do this so early, get the rough ridin' roster done.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 12:13:18 PM »
Weber best not try to panzify these guys. 

So you're hoping/praying that Oscar suddenly changes his stripes?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 12:40:46 PM »

Panzers are tanks.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2017, 12:41:28 PM »

Panzers are tanks.
Furthermore, some are even tigers.