Author Topic: Bigger Accomplishment: NIT Title vs. First Four win?  (Read 8959 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger Accomplishment: NIT Title vs. First Four win?
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »
A lot of trolls outing themselves ITT. What kind of loser wants a crappy consolation trophy instead of competing for a championship. You are the reason we can't have nice things.

yeah, making the tornament* this year is definitely guiding us toward nice things and healing the program, idiot

First of all, you can remove the asterisk as we clearly made the field of 64. Second, I'm not addressing the state of our program, just the loser mentality that some folks around here would rather win a door prize than play to win it all. You can kindly GTFOOH if you don't want a Natty.
I'd rather watch more cats and watch cat student athletes have fun. This idea that a year we are a bubble team we are going to win it is all is a joke.

Wait, I may be wrong but didn't you, wacky, and dax spend most of the season comparing K-State and South Carolina?
And i was way wrong. That what you brought this up for? Good grief.

No, I brought it up because they were a bubble team that nearly won it all. You said "This idea that a year we are a bubble team we are going to win it is all is a joke." When a team, according to some, weren't any better than K-State nearly won it all. It can't be both, which is more correct?

Is a 7 seed a bubble team?

They didn't finish that way but they certainly were with two weeks left in the regular season.

who said that usc wasn't any better than k-state?

I @ed them already. In fairness it stopped when they started winning in the tournament, wacky was the loudest one throughout the season, but I seem to remember dax and SdK doing some of it too.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2017, 04:51:33 PM »
I did. USC became better at the season went on. A lot of was being just being against all the Frank love. As I watch them in the tourney my view softened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2017, 04:56:14 PM »
it's not like south carolina sucked and then came on strong at the end.  you people apparently only watched frankuary

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »
it's not like south carolina sucked and then came on strong at the end.  you people apparently only watched frankuary
They lost 6 out of their last 9 regular season games.  :dunno:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:08:43 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2017, 05:09:08 PM »
Let me put it this way: I'm much more emotionally invested in a NCAA tournament 1st round game than I am in an NIT championship appearance. 

In that regard, a first four win means more to me than an NIT championship.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2017, 05:16:25 PM »

let me say it more directly: are you arguing that february was their true baseline and they were lucky all the other months of the season?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2017, 05:28:52 PM »
Let me put it this way: I'm much more emotionally invested in a NCAA tournament 1st round game than I am in an NIT championship appearance. 

In that regard, a first four win means more to me than an NIT championship.

It's this.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2017, 05:32:33 PM »

let me say it more directly: are you arguing that february was their true baseline and they were lucky all the other months of the season?

Frank did what all his tournament teams do, he earned a spot easily with good wins during most of the regular season so that stupid losses late didn't put them on the bubble. The previous season his schedule was so weak he couldn't follow the usual Frank plan.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2017, 07:07:49 PM »

Frank did what all his tournament teams do, he earned a spot easily with good wins during most of the regular season so that stupid losses late didn't put them on the bubble. The previous season his schedule was so weak he couldn't follow the usual Frank plan.

Thats not true, usually Frank earns his bid in February. This year he did most of his work before January. If his slide happened a couple more weeks earlier he would have been in trouble.

I don't think people understand how soft the bubble this year was. It was super fluid.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2017, 10:21:43 PM »

Thats not true, usually Frank earns his bid in February. This year he did most of his work before January. If his slide happened a couple more weeks earlier he would have been in trouble.

I don't think people understand how soft the bubble this year was. It was super fluid.

The bubble wasn't any different this year than last. This year's South Carolina was Cal.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd