Author Topic: Bigger Accomplishment: NIT Title vs. First Four win?  (Read 8919 times)

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger Accomplishment: NIT Title vs. First Four win?
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »
What is a bigger accomplishment? Summiting K2 or dying at the Mount Everest base camp?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think the better analogy would be whether it is a bigger accomplishment to lose in the first round of the CFB Playoff or to win the Beef O'Brady's Bowl.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »
A lot of trolls outing themselves ITT. What kind of loser wants a crappy consolation trophy instead of competing for a championship. You are the reason we can't have nice things.

yeah, making the tornament* this year is definitely guiding us toward nice things and healing the program, idiot

First of all, you can remove the asterisk as we clearly made the field of 64. Second, I'm not addressing the state of our program, just the loser mentality that some folks around here would rather win a door prize than play to win it all. You can kindly GTFOOH if you don't want a Natty.
I'd rather watch more cats and watch cat student athletes have fun. This idea that a year we are a bubble team we are going to win it is all is a joke.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2017, 10:55:43 AM »
What is a bigger accomplishment? Summiting K2 or dying at the Mount Everest base camp?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think the better analogy would be whether it is a bigger accomplishment to lose in the first round of the CFB Playoff or to win the Beef O'Brady's Bowl.
Not at all. Good grief.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »
I'd rather watch more cats and watch cat student athletes have fun. This idea that a year we are a bubble team we are going to win it is all is a joke.

You must have loved oscar's OOC scheduling this year then.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2017, 11:00:53 AM »
Nope. Hated it. Winning the NIT and getting to watch Wes play longer would have been more fun for me than watching the cats get beat by Cincy.

Equating that to not wanting to win a natty is absurd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2017, 11:02:40 AM »
KSU got an NCAA participation trophy this year. The team could have ended the season with a win and a title.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2017, 11:05:31 AM »
"Let's just let the kids have fun in a consolation tournament instead of competing to win it all."

I'm starting to get why oscar is coming back next year. :facepalm:

We don't deserve Frank.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2017, 11:06:46 AM »
You keep making false equivalencies.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2017, 11:08:07 AM »
No one, not I not anyone, wants and NIT title over and NCAA title.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2017, 11:09:12 AM »
You are the one who believes last year's team could have won it all.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2017, 11:10:54 AM »
I am saying the team played as expected and could have played longer and won more games. Who gives a crap about a few more swatches of paint. To think that changes anything about the state of the program is a joke.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bigger Accomplishment: NIT Title vs. First Four win?
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2017, 11:14:09 AM »
I'm saying that trying to win it all, even if you fail, is always better than winning a consolation prize.

Pullen wasn't going to settle for NIT when he played for Frank. Try telling him it would have been better to just go to the NIT than lose to Whisky in the round of 32.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2017, 11:20:18 AM »
A lot of trolls outing themselves ITT. What kind of loser wants a crappy consolation trophy instead of competing for a championship. You are the reason we can't have nice things.

yeah, making the tornament* this year is definitely guiding us toward nice things and healing the program, idiot

First of all, you can remove the asterisk as we clearly made the field of 64. Second, I'm not addressing the state of our program, just the loser mentality that some folks around here would rather win a door prize than play to win it all. You can kindly GTFOOH if you don't want a Natty.

Wait, I may be wrong but didn't you, wacky, and dax spend most of the season comparing K-State and South Carolina?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2017, 11:23:47 AM »
And I'm saying that this past seasons dance appearance doesn't matter. It will never matter.

I'd hope the players always get to play their seasons out how they want. As a fan, I'd rather watch as many games as I can.

I would have enjoyed watching the team achieve something. Losing the round of 64 isn't an achievement.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2017, 11:24:42 AM »

Wait, I may be wrong but didn't you, wacky, and dax spend most of the season comparing K-State and South Carolina?
And i was way wrong. That what you brought this up for? Good grief.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2017, 11:31:55 AM »
I heard a stat that every year but 1-2 since they have had a MacDowels game tha the NCAA champion has had at least one burger boy on the roster. 
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2017, 05:30:16 PM »
Should I know who won the NIT?  Is it even over?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2017, 06:22:05 PM »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2017, 08:14:15 PM »
Should I know who won the NIT?  Is it even over?

Texas Tech.

No crap? Good for them and their ww2 vet roster. I didn't even think they would make the nit.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2017, 01:44:11 AM »

No, I brought it up because they were a bubble team that nearly won it all. You said "This idea that a year we are a bubble team we are going to win it is all is a joke." When a team, according to some, weren't any better than K-State nearly won it all. It can't be both, which is more correct?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2017, 08:12:25 AM »
I don't think anyone here is saying they would rather make the NIT than the field of 64. Just with hindsight, it would have been a lot more fun to win the NIT than it was to lose in the first round.

Does anyone really believe that we would have won the NIT, though? I really don't think we would have.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2017, 08:14:35 AM »

No, I brought it up because they were a bubble team that nearly won it all. You said "This idea that a year we are a bubble team we are going to win it is all is a joke." When a team, according to some, weren't any better than K-State nearly won it all. It can't be both, which is more correct?

Is a 7 seed a bubble team?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2017, 08:21:24 AM »
As the 26th team selected they weren't even close to a bubble team:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2017, 11:00:47 AM »
who said that usc wasn't any better than k-state?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile