Author Topic: Lawn Care  (Read 108627 times)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Lawn Care
« Reply #1050 on: May 08, 2018, 06:40:18 PM »
Have your landlord rent you a very nice roto-tiller. Run the tines in reverse and rip the surface of your yard a new one. Just go to town on it. Then buy enough tall fescue to cover your yard. If you give your acreage to a seed dealer, they should get you what you need. Spread that seed all over, then put down enough water to turn your yard into a swamp. About a week of that should get a nice yard started. You really should have done this a month ago, though.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 08, 2018, 08:03:27 PM »
Have your landlord rent you a very nice roto-tiller. Run the tines in reverse and rip the surface of your yard a new one. Just go to town on it. Then buy enough tall fescue to cover your yard. If you give your acreage to a seed dealer, they should get you what you need. Spread that seed all over, then put down enough water to turn your yard into a swamp. About a week of that should get a nice yard started. You really should have done this a month ago, though.

Greg this guy prefers 30 degrees to 80 degrees

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 08, 2018, 08:06:01 PM »

Yeah hard pass on this. I think I'll just pour some Scott's grow all on the lawn and see what the eff happens

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 08, 2018, 09:43:22 PM »
One word:

Hardscape
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 08, 2018, 11:31:56 PM »

Good lord, roto-tilling in 30 degree weather would be amazing. :love:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 08, 2018, 11:34:13 PM »
I just got tingles
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 08, 2018, 11:35:31 PM »
not enough people weed and feeding ITT.

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 11, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »
Did anyone else have problems with Crabgrass sprouting way too early?  I put down preventer a month ago but i already had several established patches.   WTH Kansas weather???

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 12, 2018, 10:11:42 PM »
not enough people weed and feeding ITT.

Like triple-13?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 12, 2018, 10:14:19 PM »
I've spent way too much time debating if I should pay $65 for the grub work treatment.  I don't care about the $65, more trying to figure out if it's a scam.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 13, 2018, 11:50:52 AM »
neighbor kid mowed my lawn twice while we were in florida. I think he may have one leg quite a bit longer than the other based on the bowed tracks he took across the back yard.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 13, 2018, 12:26:53 PM »
The only child in my neighborhood is like 2, can they now lawns and if so how much do they charge?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 13, 2018, 01:15:54 PM »
The only child in my neighborhood is like 2, can they now lawns and if so how much do they charge?

I'd say like middle school age should be ok depending on how crappy you will accept. I give the neighbor kid $50 each time he does it but honestly he does about a $25 job. I can trust him with my garage code though. he also takes my garbage down to the curb when I'm out of town so that's another bonus.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 13, 2018, 01:39:55 PM »
Sahm does a crappy job for about $11k/month

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 13, 2018, 01:50:55 PM »
do you get garbage in that $11k?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: May 13, 2018, 01:54:17 PM »
do you get garbage in that $11k?

Half the time

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 23, 2018, 09:10:28 AM »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 23, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »
I have a middle schooler that will cut and weed eat for 20 bucks.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 23, 2018, 03:29:50 PM »
My sons and I mow/weedeat/blow sidewalks for $20-50 depending on the size of he lawn. :D

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 23, 2018, 07:32:21 PM »
I have a middle schooler that will cut and weed eat for 20 bucks.
Jfc poor kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 24, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »
there's a kid in the hood that is advertising on the neighborhood facebook to cut any lawn in the neighborhood for $20. and I've already set the rules of the game with neighbor kid at $50.

big shot attorney cats of the board: is my verbal contract with the neighbor kid legally binding or can I just pull a trump and tear this rough rider up and renegotiate whenever I feel like it?

other ethical people of the board that can be but are not required to be big shot attorney cats: same question as above.

some important data you may require to make a ruling:
-neighbor kid is estimated to be about 13 years old give or take 5 years.
-his parents are very nice. however, I'm about 90% certain they saw me pee in my backyard at like midnight one time when I didn't think anyone was around. later saw them on their deck. 
-his grandfather lives in their walkout basement. has his own like entrance door and stuff. he is also very nice.
-he uses his own lawnmower, blower, and trimmer despite me offering mine because he's not comfortable using mine.
-as mentioned above he takes out my garbage and recycling when I'm out of town.
-possibly the most bizarre item: he doesn't even mow his families yard. the dad does.

need a ruling asap as I'm leaving town this afternoon. tia.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Lawn Care
« Reply #1071 on: May 24, 2018, 01:23:48 PM »
there's a kid in the hood that is advertising on the neighborhood facebook to cut any lawn in the neighborhood for $20. and I've already set the rules of the game with neighbor kid at $50.

big shot attorney cats of the board: is my verbal contract with the neighbor kid legally binding or can I just pull a trump and tear this rough rider up and renegotiate whenever I feel like it?

other ethical people of the board that can be but are not required to be big shot attorney cats: same question as above.

some important data you may require to make a ruling:
-neighbor kid is estimated to be about 13 years old give or take 5 years.
-his parents are very nice. however, I'm about 90% certain they saw me pee in my backyard at like midnight one time when I didn't think anyone was around. later saw them on their deck. 
-his grandfather lives in their walkout basement. has his own like entrance door and stuff. he is also very nice.
-he uses his own lawnmower, blower, and trimmer despite me offering mine because he's not comfortable using mine.
-as mentioned above he takes out my garbage and recycling when I'm out of town.
-possibly the most bizarre item: he doesn't even mow his families yard. the dad does.

need a ruling asap as I'm leaving town this afternoon. tia.
Is neighbor kid going out of town at all this summer? If so, have kid 2.0 come and mow. Or, if you want to straight up intimidate TF out of neighbor kid, tell him to take a week off, thus forcing him to watch kid 2.0 take his job out from under him.

If it’s of similar quality, offer to renegotiate w neighbor kid at the same rate as kid 2.0.

If neighbor kid declines, hire kid 2.0 to maintain your lawn. Give him an extra 5er to take out the recycling when needed.

Also, v weird about not mowing his own lawn. Maybe his parents can’t afford his rates?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 24, 2018, 01:35:05 PM »
just keep paying the neighbor child the $50.

if you want to even out the economics of the exchange, get a dog and include the care of it in his out of town upkeep services.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 24, 2018, 01:45:01 PM »
just keep paying the neighbor child the $50.

if you want to even out the economics of the exchange, get a dog and include the care of it in his out of town upkeep services.

i agree
the neighbor is ripping you off so badly and it's no one's fault but your own.  live up to the commitment you made with him. 

scenario 2:  fire neighbor, hire new kid.  but then he comes and sucks crap.  you fire new kid and try to rehire neighbor kid.  neighbor kid price just went up to $60.  boom, some of you guys have to learn the hard way.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 24, 2018, 02:35:26 PM »
Avoid any kind of confrontation at all costs. Just wait until neighbor kid moves away from home in five years and then call up the second kid and ask if the $20 offer is still valid.