Author Topic: Frank should have fouled White  (Read 5732 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Frank should have fouled White
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 10:22:30 PM »
jfc what a dumbass thread.  go take a lap and play Temple Run.

your opinion is invalid.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 10:27:05 PM »
Clams is right, we should have fouled.  Put the game in our hands.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 10:55:45 PM »
Wow.

Fouling was not the right strategy. Doubling White early in the last possession was and that is why I'm rough ridin' pissed at Frank.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »
Its always wrong when it doesn't work.

I don't think I would've fouled, but I would've tried to make someone beat me that wasn't Royce White.

And I agree with the thought that it shouldn't have come down to that. Some questionable decisions by Frank and a general lack of making plays in the last 10 minutes lost us the game.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 11:18:12 PM »
shouldn't have been in that situation

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 11:20:39 PM »
playing for overtime on the road with your best guard on the bench fouled out was the right call.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »
playing for overtime on the road with your best guard on the bench fouled out was the right call.

If I hadn't witnessed Royce White completely destroy us on the drive the entire night I might agree with you. Might. I know you think your spouting amazing basketball wisdom here, but you have to take the way the game had gone up to that point in to consideration.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 11:37:44 PM »

If I hadn't witnessed Royce White completely destroy us on the drive the entire night I might agree with you. Might. I know you think your spouting amazing basketball wisdom here, but you have to take the way the game had gone up to that point in to consideration.

Not 100% sure you understood my comment.  From what I can tell we agree he should have fouled.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CloneBroChill

• Taco Walk'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 11:41:42 PM »

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2012, 12:40:09 AM »

Not 100% sure you understood my comment.  From what I can tell we agree he should have fouled.

I'm 100% sure I did not understand this. My bad. It's been a rough few hours.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2012, 01:14:25 AM »
ISU's strategy in that situation was blatantly obvious--kick the ball to Royce at the top of the key and have him break down the defense with 10s left.  There was very little chance KSU could stop him. I would have fouled him with 20s left and give our guys a chance to win with a 3 or more likely a 2.

This was pretty similar to NFL coaches screwing up clock management on such a regular basis because they think they are following the conventional wisdom. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Frank should have fouled White
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 06:20:56 AM »
Friend of goEMAW kim english was mocking jack harry for calling for the white foul

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 07:25:41 AM »
ISU's strategy in that situation was blatantly obvious--kick the ball to Royce at the top of the key and have him break down the defense with 10s left.  There was very little chance KSU could stop him. I would have fouled him with 20s left and give our guys a chance to win with a 3 or more likely a 2.

This was pretty similar to NFL coaches screwing up clock management on such a regular basis because they think they are following the conventional wisdom. 

NFL coaches should line up their defense at their own 30 yard line, let the other team run a play to there, and have them kick a field goal.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, 07:33:50 AM »
Friend of goEMAW kim english was mocking jack harry for calling for the white foul

sweet.  lump kim in with the idiots in this thread that don't understand basketball.

1 of 4 thing were going to happen once the ball was inbounded to rice-

1) rice gets fouled with 20 seconds goes to the line, k-state has 2 timeouts and the ball to deal with the results of putting rice, the league's worst free throw shooter and someone who shoots better from the field than the free throw line, on the line. (advantage k-state)
2) rice dribble drives and scores with no time left on the clock (advantage isu)
3) rice dribble drives and gets fouled with no time on the clock (advantage isu)
4) rice dribble drives, refs don't call foul, rice misses shot, overtime (advantage isu)

this isn't complicated.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2012, 08:04:24 AM »

sweet.  lump kim in with the idiots in this thread that don't understand basketball.

1) rice gets fouled with 20 seconds goes to the line, k-state has 2 timeouts and the ball to deal with the results of putting rice, the league's worst free throw shooter and someone who shoots better from the field than the free throw line, on the line. (advantage k-state)
2) rice dribble drives and scores with no time left on the clock (advantage isu)
3) rice dribble drives and gets fouled with no time on the clock (advantage isu)
4) rice dribble drives, refs don't call foul, rice misses shot, overtime (advantage isu)

this isn't complicated.

Simplest breakdown I've seen yet - and 100% agree.
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2012, 08:10:44 AM »

this isn't complicated.

Simplest breakdown I've seen yet - and 100% agree.

Me too.  You have to remember that this board is full blown rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) for some reason though.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2012, 08:23:38 AM »

Um, I don't think you understand your comment. You said that playing for overtime was the right call. What we did was play for overtime. If you foul Royce, you're not playing for overtime. You're playing for putting the ball in your teams hands to win the game.

Offline 311Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2012, 08:34:41 AM »
think you might be missing the sarcasm...

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2012, 08:38:56 AM »
think you might be missing the sarcasm...

Oh. :facepalm:

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2012, 08:44:58 AM »
“I was praying he wouldn’t foul me,’’ said White, whose chances are roughly 50-50 to hit a free throw.

K-State didn’t and White sensed the odds get better on him making the decisive points.

“It was one of those things where I felt like I had an advantage,’’ he said.

Link

:clac:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2012, 09:22:44 AM »
“I was praying he wouldn’t foul me,’’ said White, whose chances are roughly 50-50 to hit a free throw.

K-State didn’t and White sensed the odds get better on him making the decisive points.

“It was one of those things where I felt like I had an advantage,’’ he said.

Link

:clac:

/thread

if the guy with the ball is terrified you are going to foul him, you should foul him.