Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3916620 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #20525 on: May 15, 2018, 02:17:07 PM »
I see no evidence of any long term trend here except for the part where one included a weekend where everyone is on vacation and the other didn't.

Is it more important to not show empty seats for that specific game or to sell those seats in other games?
:adios:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20526 on: May 15, 2018, 02:24:47 PM »
Unless the team is surprisingly really good, or until there is an exciting new coach. I see attendance dropping like almost everywhere else in the country.
No crap?  Attendance rises and falls with the excitement/success of the team?

gonna need a link tia

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20527 on: May 15, 2018, 02:27:04 PM »
Unless the team is surprisingly really good, or until there is an exciting new coach. I see attendance dropping like almost everywhere else in the country.

I was kind of kidding at first, but y'all are crazy as hell if you want to ignore attendance issue across the board in all sports, even with exciting/successful teams.

People are staying home these days. Stadiums need more quality seats, more technology, better sight lines, etc. If K-State is perfect around 50k, I think it'd be best to have more quality seats and less high school bleachers on the concourse.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20528 on: May 15, 2018, 02:30:11 PM »

I was kind of kidding at first, but y'all are crazy as hell if you want to ignore attendance issue across the board in all sports, even with exciting/successful teams.

People are staying home these days. Stadiums need more quality seats, more technology, better sight lines, etc. If K-State is perfect around 50k, I think it'd be best to have more quality seats and less high school bleachers on the concourse.
I'm not saying ignore it, but getting rid of seats at this point is putting the car waaaay before the horse.  Give it some time to figure out if the lowering attendance phenomenon will affect k-state, and if so, where the homeostasis is.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #20529 on: May 15, 2018, 02:32:21 PM »
It's hard to see all of us in our suites, shooter, but we're still there.  :cheers:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20530 on: May 15, 2018, 02:37:47 PM »

I'm not saying ignore it, but getting rid of seats at this point is putting the car waaaay before the horse.  Give it some time to figure out if the lowering attendance phenomenon will affect k-state, and if so, where the homeostasis is.

Like I said, I was kind of kidding to start, but also maybe I said it the wrong way.

If K-State has the money to do a huge SEZ renovation that would change the seating, sightlines, etc. by taking out like 12,000 seats and building 9-10,000 high quality seats. They should definitely do it.

(no idea on those numbers, but just using it as an example. Would be a similar example for the east side as well)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20531 on: May 15, 2018, 02:46:52 PM »
both sports should go broadcast-only, meaning a zero seat stadium/arena.  home crowd noise is simulated and pumped in on speakers

lost ticket sales are recouped via streaming fees.  the games are no longer available on ota or cable.  you want a 50 yard line view? your streaming fee will be much higher than the guy paying to stream a nez feed.

no one really cares about basketball so give those streams away for free to ft riley dudes or something

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20532 on: May 16, 2018, 10:38:25 AM »
both sports should go broadcast-only, meaning a zero seat stadium/arena.  home crowd noise is simulated and pumped in on speakers

lost ticket sales are recouped via streaming fees.  the games are nice longer available on ota or cable.  you want a 50 yard line view? your streaming fee will be much higher than the guy paying to stream a nez feed.

no one really cares about basketball so give those streams away for free to ft riley dudes or something
clams lives in 3018

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20533 on: May 16, 2018, 01:44:37 PM »
3018 people will have a movie similar to Gladiator but it will be about professional sports circa 2018

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #20534 on: May 16, 2018, 02:06:52 PM »

lost ticket sales are recouped via streaming fees.  the games are no longer available on ota or cable.  you want a 50 yard line view? your streaming fee will be much higher than the guy paying to stream a nez feed.

Have the crowd noise be related to feedback from the companion app (have an "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH" button or something).  More people hit the button, the louder it gets. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20535 on: May 16, 2018, 02:28:54 PM »

Have the crowd noise be related to feedback from the companion app (have an "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH" button or something).  More people hit the button, the louder it gets. 

A game like UMBC v K-State would be deafening

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20536 on: May 16, 2018, 03:18:51 PM »
Why not just use 3018 hologram tech so your xboxonehundred kinect motion captures you and your buds ahhing and booing and clapping and everything and *digitally* reproduces a hologram and soundogram to the empty stade
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20537 on: May 16, 2018, 03:21:55 PM »

very good idea.  more noise would indicate more people paying attention bc they are tapping the noise button
fans who are paying similar streaming fees and are seated near you in the virtual bsfs can be heard through your surround sound

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20538 on: May 16, 2018, 03:31:30 PM »

very good idea.  more noise would indicate more people paying attention bc they are tapping the noise button
fans who are paying similar streaming fees and are seated near you in the virtual bsfs can be heard through your surround sound

Or use the mic on your device. You just yell at the screen and the sound comes through at the stadium over the speaker system.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #20539 on: May 16, 2018, 03:32:00 PM »

If you have the VR upgrade, then people seated next to will be visible and ready for post TD/Sack high fives.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20540 on: May 16, 2018, 03:33:36 PM »
Based on the KBOR capital projects report (which can change) if Mean Gene doesn't get a move on, we might as well just VR the crap out of this thing because Niles and Fraziers and movin dirt cease after FY 2020.   :buh-bye:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20541 on: May 16, 2018, 04:39:23 PM »
Based on the KBOR capital projects report (which can change) if Mean Gene doesn't get a move on, we might as well just VR the crap out of this thing because Niles and Fraziers and movin dirt cease after FY 2020.   :buh-bye:
To preface, I don't know jack crap about what kind of fund raising and whatnot goes on behind the scenes. Is there any push to build more from the current AD group?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #20542 on: May 16, 2018, 05:38:36 PM »
Now come on KITNfury, I think you know the answer to that.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20543 on: May 16, 2018, 06:27:26 PM »
Let me answer that...

NOPE!!!

:shakesfist:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kso_FAN