Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 364649 times)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ANYWAYS... so will Tyrion be on like death row in the next ep?

Well he'll get a trial first.

:excited:

I hope they burn through three episodes just getting through the litigation process! Law and order: Game of thrones!

well, I know what is supposed to happen. it will make for great television.

I can't wait

Yes, all things Tyrion related should be great over the next few episodes. The only thing I'm worried about is that they'll start rushing. There's still a significant amount of book 3 left, especially in KL and the wall.

there will be quite a few episodes where he doesn't appear on the screen, I imagine.

His storyline is probably the farthest behind though. The KL storyline could easily last most of the rest of the season. I'll be pretty pissed off if they try to catch it up and don't fully cover it because like you said it should be great tv

You'll always be pissed if you are comparing it to the books and expecting them to fully cover everything. Just enjoy a great show.

I know that and I'm fully expecting some skippage, I'm referring more to the possibility of leaving out key parts that would be great on tv simply to hurry the storyline along to catch up with other story lines.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It sort of bothers me that the show might catch up to the books and then what happens?

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
Just watched Peter Dinklage's interview on David Letterman. . .he jokes about the fact that he has never read the books so GRRM is probably going to kill him off.

If that happens I'll be all like

Letterman interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBc8BwUWoCc

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ANYWAYS... so will Tyrion be on like death row in the next ep?

Well he'll get a trial first.

:excited:

I hope they burn through three episodes just getting through the litigation process! Law and order: Game of thrones!

well, I know what is supposed to happen. it will make for great television.

I can't wait

Yes, all things Tyrion related should be great over the next few episodes. The only thing I'm worried about is that they'll start rushing. There's still a significant amount of book 3 left, especially in KL and the wall.

there will be quite a few episodes where he doesn't appear on the screen, I imagine.

His storyline is probably the farthest behind though. The KL storyline could easily last most of the rest of the season. I'll be pretty pissed off if they try to catch it up and don't fully cover it because like you said it should be great tv

You'll always be pissed if you are comparing it to the books and expecting them to fully cover everything. Just enjoy a great show.

I know that and I'm fully expecting some skippage, I'm referring more to the possibility of leaving out key parts that would be great on tv simply to hurry the storyline along to catch up with other story lines.

:drool:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It sort of bothers me that the show might catch up to the books and then what happens?

huge orgy

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
pretty sure they're all 10's on MiR's scale.
:thumbs:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

They've pretty much come out and said this will probably happen. Martin has already told the producers how it ends and some key points he plans to have occur. I'm assuming when they pass the books Martin will have an increased role in writing (or at least in reviewing) episodes.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
The prostitute that worked for little finger then got offed by goff? She was perdy.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

They've pretty much come out and said this will probably happen. Martin has already told the producers how it ends and some key points he plans to have occur. I'm assuming when they pass the books Martin will have an increased role in writing (or at least in reviewing) episodes.

IIRC they are even discussing deviating a little from the books so that the ending works well for the show.  This meaning that a)a lot of things won't match the books and b) the book snobs will have nothing to say!  :thumbsup:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

When the show passes the book I'll be so, so happy. We can all converge on this one thread and enjoy it together.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

When the show passes the book I'll be so, so happy. We can all converge on this one thread and enjoy it together.

Yea, I love both the books and show so I have no problem with watching the show once it passes the books.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:23:27 PM by Benja »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
PD said on letterman that season for is the end of book 3.  THAT's IT?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
PD said on letterman that season for is the end of book 3.  THAT's IT?

Hadn't heard that but I'm fine with that. The 2nd half of book 3 is one of the best parts of the whole series. The only thing I've read that worries me they'll try to hurry things is they're worried about how old the kids are getting to play their characters.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
From what I understand the Jon Snow and Daenerys storylines are from books four and five because they aren't really present in the end of book three and book four and five run concurrently. 

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
From what I understand the Jon Snow and Daenerys storylines are from books four and five because they aren't really present in the end of book three and book four and five run concurrently.

There's still quite a bit of Jon's story from 3 that hasn't been covered. But they've already done a few things that will allow them to easily shorten it. Dany's storyline is pretty close to the end of 3 already though.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
quit talking about the books you rough ridin' mongloids

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Holy crap. Mods delete those spoilers!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Book people unchained

nobody would mistake you for a book person with that avatar.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think book people are just projecting frustrations on how they butchered season 2 vs the books, since then i think they've done a good job.   Except for there not being a Strong Belwas anywhere...

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Belwas is a pretty dumb character.   Super easy to make mormont or barristan that guy as well as what they already are.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Belwas is a pretty dumb character.   Super easy to make mormont or barristan that guy as well as what they already are.

bullshit

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

bullshit

Agreed.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Book people unchained

nobody would mistake you for a book person with that avatar.

ONE BOOK TO RULE THEM ALL

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

bullshit

Agreed.
If i see a mormont drop trough and crap on enemy lines at any point, i might consider reading the initial post without a face full of disgust.