Author Topic: 2nd worst town in Kansas  (Read 103563 times)

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd worst town in Kansas
« Reply #425 on: April 16, 2014, 01:29:54 PM »
At one time they had the last SUBnStuff.

How did a place so amazing go away?

It was the Chipolte of Subs

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 16, 2014, 01:31:12 PM »

You're totally one of those people huh?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 16, 2014, 01:32:53 PM »

First ever use of that phrase that is not racist...even when directed at an Indian.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 16, 2014, 01:37:35 PM »

First ever use of that phrase that is not racist...even when directed at an Indian.

:Woohoo:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 16, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »
Wow, just read this thread for the first time. Personally think Galena takes the cake with Baxter Springs, Parsons, and the other extreme SE shitholes also receiving consideration. But how the eff does Iola not get at least a mention? I mean seriously eff that town. Possibly the shittiest McDonalds and Sonic on earth right across the street from each other. And ACCC?   :Yuck: Also Osawatomie only mentioned once? Come on. LaCygne and Garnett are resort towns next to those two.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 16, 2014, 02:49:08 PM »
Wow, just read this thread for the first time. Personally think Galena takes the cake with Baxter Springs, Parsons, and the other extreme SE shitholes also receiving consideration. But how the eff does Iola not get at least a mention? I mean seriously eff that town. Possibly the shittiest McDonalds and Sonic on earth right across the street from each other. And ACCC?   :Yuck: Also Osawatomie only mentioned once? Come on. LaCygne and Garnett are resort towns next to those two.

No way is Garnett better than Iola.

Offline TheKatsofWar

• Fan
  • It's ok I'm a limo driver!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 16, 2014, 02:51:29 PM »
Atchison hands down, might as well be in Missouri, maybe they will annex it  :buh-bye:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 16, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »

Garnett is boring as crap, quite possibly the most boring town with 3k+, but from an aesthetics standpoint it blows Iola out of the water. And Garnett isn't that good looking of a town.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 16, 2014, 03:00:38 PM »

Garnett is boring as crap, quite possibly the most boring town with 3k+, but from an aesthetics standpoint it blows Iola out of the water. And Garnett isn't that good looking of a town.

I dare you to find something this nice in Garnett.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 16, 2014, 03:12:04 PM »
Lol @ any 3k population town being more or less boring than any other 3k town. They are all the same and they are all second worst
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 16, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »

I dare you to find something this nice in Garnett.

I mean if you insist

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 16, 2014, 03:14:14 PM »
Lol @ any 3k population town being more or less boring than any other 3k town. They are all the same and they are all second worst

Nope. You need to have a superfund site to be in the running.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 16, 2014, 04:05:30 PM »
My friend from Dighton told me about how this little town got overrun with religious zealots and how all of a sudden teens drinking in fields was a super big huge no no.  They go super butthurt over that all of a sudden.

The Big Train

« Reply #438 on: April 16, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
I could definitely second the 2nd worst town in KS Independence point, having played in this rivalry they are both absolute shitholes.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 17, 2014, 06:42:49 AM »
Did we overthink this entire thread? If the worst town in Kansas is Coffeyville, it would logically follow that the second-worst town is the one with a Coffeyville rivalry: Independence.

Googling their rivalry led me to this very depressing discussion of which town's Wal-Mart was better:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/independence-ks/TKUV6CESFM70P1ITD
The over all picture in Indep. is very sad depressing dirty ruin down most important is the extreme cost of everything for no real reason gas, sales tax, property tax,food,nothing to show for the high cost of living here. It won't take much longer as the mass exodus has begun. The only ones left will be the ones who can't leave.

:sdeek:

:lol: I can't believe there is a forum where people are seriously discussing the merits of the Coffeyville and Independence Wal-Marts.

Yes. That is an amazing find, Reboulet.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline the_ugly_clown

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 17, 2014, 07:42:59 AM »
I unfortunately had a meeting in Hutchinson last week.  What a rough ridin' crap hole, Coffeyville should be hearing footsteps. Why would anyone voluntarily live in Reno County?

Carriage Crossing  :love:

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 17, 2014, 08:20:27 AM »
I unfortunately had a meeting in Hutchinson last week.  What a rough ridin' crap hole, Coffeyville should be hearing footsteps. Why would anyone voluntarily live in Reno County?

Carriage Crossing  :love:

:drool:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 17, 2014, 08:37:54 AM »
I like that golf course in Hutch. Prairie Dunes or whatever.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 17, 2014, 09:03:51 AM »
Atchison hands down, might as well be in Missouri, maybe they will annex it  :buh-bye:

I dunno, Atchison is kind of quaint. Maybe we will take it, jackass

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 17, 2014, 01:12:50 PM »

Atchison is pretty nice, my guess is the OP hasn't been west of MHK or south of I-70 (unless passing through).  Somewhere SE is KS is calling...

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 17, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »

Then why does it seem to breed so much trash?  All the individuals I've ever met from Atchison have been straight garbage.  Like, try to steal your ipod touch and everyone's phones in the house garbage. 

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 17, 2014, 01:20:41 PM »

Then why does it seem to breed so much trash?  All the individuals I've ever met from Atchison have been straight garbage.  Like, try to steal your ipod touch and everyone's phones in the house garbage.

Trash tends to hang with trash  :dunno:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 17, 2014, 01:29:43 PM »

Trash tends to hang with trash  :dunno:

:curse:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 17, 2014, 02:34:39 PM »
The blood rain tho
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 17, 2014, 02:43:34 PM »
I mean Atchison is a crap hole, that goes without saying. But we are debating the shittiest of holes, and I don't think Atchison is that shitty. I mean doesn't Russell or somewhere literally smell like crap 24/7?