Author Topic: The Comey Comedy Show  (Read 24818 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Comey Comedy Show
« on: June 08, 2017, 07:29:48 AM »
I predict a big dud.  Dimowits think they have proof Trumpticles obstructed justice, ???   He appointed a special prosecutor to investigate russian hankypanky.  He would of squelched this move if he was trying to  obstruct. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Comey Comedy Show
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 09:12:04 AM »
About to turn it on. Should be fun

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 09:16:23 AM »
I predict a big dud.  Dimowits think they have proof Trumpticles obstructed justice, ???   He appointed a special prosecutor to investigate russian hankypanky.  He would of squelched this move if he was trying to  obstruct.

Squelching it looks worse than letting him talk.

The key is letting him talk and then convincing the Republicans to let him get away with it, which is much more likely, because there is nothing more craven and cowardly than a Congressional Republican.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 09:21:41 AM »
I already like Comey more than Trump.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 09:58:32 AM »
No live tweets. Is Trumping actually doing some presidenting? Woohoo

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 10:00:01 AM »

I'm assuming you also like the common cold more than AIDS because that's essentially what you just declared.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »

I'm assuming you also like the common cold more than AIDS because that's essentially what you just declared.
That would be a correct assumption.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 11:15:01 AM »

The key is letting him talk and then convincing the Republicans to let him get away with it, which is much more likely, because there are not bigger idiots and hypocrites than Congressional Democrats.

Panj, could not agree more friend.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 11:19:53 AM »
No way, the Obama Administration pressured Comey (via a pathological liar and one of the most corrupt AG's in U.S. History) to water down and soft landing the Clinton email investigation errr matter?  No way, this is astounding news.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 11:26:31 AM »
They could have ended this after Little Marco's questions and final comments.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »
 :zzz:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 11:45:39 AM »
John McCain  :sdeek:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 11:48:33 AM »
he's fully sketti'd now :frown:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 11:51:14 AM »

The key is letting him talk and then convincing the Republicans to let him get away with it, which is much more likely, because there are not bigger idiots and hypocrites than Congressional Democrats.

I mean, sure, the Democrats aren't perfect (for the record, I'm not a registered Democrat), but, hey, let's assume the current stewards of Democracy aren't just going along with this nonsense for tax cuts.

Congressional Republicans, going back to making a gigantic deal over Bill Clinton getting some strange, have shown tremendous ability to prioritize things of great import and have shown tremendous courage.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »
The most damaging testimony in the whole thing was the Obama-Loretta Lynch attempt to stop the investigation of Clinton during the election. Obvious election tampering that backfired.

It's too bad that Trump hurt Comey's feelings with regard to the FBI, not a good look for the president.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 11:55:57 AM »

I mean, sure, the Democrats aren't perfect (for the record, I'm not a registered Democrat), but, hey, let's assume the current stewards of Democracy aren't just going along with this nonsense for tax cuts.

Congressional Republicans, going back to making a gigantic deal over Bill Clinton getting some strange, have shown tremendous ability to prioritize things of great import and have shown tremendous courage.

What exactly are they "going along with" Panj?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 11:56:52 AM »
Also, the New York Times has been completely discredited as a news source.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 12:05:45 PM »
So Comey is very concerned about how Russia is influencing the way people vote correct?  And yet he point blank said that both the New York Times and Wash Post had leading headlines that had zero truth to them?  That is more troubling to me than Russia.  :dunno:

And Jesus Christ why is McCain still holding a position?  What a horrible waste of 7min..
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »

Dax, I have too much respect for you to respond to that.  You know exactly what I'm saying.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 12:44:47 PM »
So Comey is very concerned about how Russia is influencing the way people vote correct?  And yet he point blank said that both the New York Times and Wash Post had leading headlines that had zero truth to them?  That is more troubling to me than Russia.  :dunno:

And Jesus Christ why is McCain still holding a position?  What a horrible waste of 7min..

What is interesting is he said they (NYT, WaPo) were wrong, which is def not good for them, but also seemed to lead on that it was more what they were wrong about, into that nothing happened, just not they way they put it, so who knows.

Trying to be as objective as possible, given his testimony, it seems like a lot of people get their cookie, and a lot of people don't. If he is to be believed:

-He doesn't fully seem to believe that Trump himself is directly involved in COLUSION, and that might be so, though he didnt fully answer said question. I'll give that point for the Trump supporters

-He undeniably said that Russia has been meddling in the election, that is not up for debate, that is worrisome. Point for anti trump

-He does seem to be concerned about the whole Lynch thing, not good for her/Obama

The total sum of what it seems to be is that there is a lot of Russia meddling, and my guess is that there are a lot of people with and around Trump that got support for and help from the Russians, but it seems like Trump himself is either innocent or not informed of said dealings, so that'll be fun to parse through. It also seems that, from his testimony, the Russians were doing all of this to cause some chaos, and to undermine us, which IMO is kinda of the crux, they clearly think Trump is in their best interest to advance their agenda, so IDK what to make of that. It's feels like a won the battle but kinda lost the war for Trump. He didn't collude (as of now), but basically his election is best for Russia and worse for us, and they tried their damnedest to get him elected. Unless you are ok with the lengths they took to do so.

Regardless, it'll be fun to see how this all ends up, I guess a lot of people will get what they want while simultaneously getting smashed for what they didnt want happen to happen. No one will look good and in the end we all lose, again.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 12:49:49 PM »
I think Comey is a good guy, honorable, like just about every other intelligence professional I can recall.  It sucks when they tangle with politicians (rarely honorable), because they often lose. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 12:50:20 PM »

Dax, I have too much respect for you to respond to that.  You know exactly what I'm saying.

No, no I don't.  I mean, in the midst of the meltdown to end all meltdowns, we gotta a lot of stuff going on. 

Of course as has been stated, the biggest thing we found out today, is that the Obama administration tampered with an FBI investigation.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 01:09:04 PM »
I think Comey is a good guy, honorable, like just about every other intelligence professional I can recall.  It sucks when they tangle with politicians (rarely honorable), because they often lose.

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 01:26:36 PM »

I agree, seems like a very good guy, but not sure he was cut out to be FBI director. Not assertive enough IMO.