Author Topic: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean  (Read 56913 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean
« Reply #425 on: December 10, 2017, 10:11:10 AM »
i think being groomed to be the head coach by a hall of famer is going to teach him more ceo skills than most coordinators.

since he was kind of the head coach he did at least a mediocre job the last few years. if he can keep all of the things bill did well and improve on the other things, he would be great. a younger bill. plus he would stay forever.

my man

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 10, 2017, 11:43:29 AM »
Good Christ, in the last page or two we've had a "pass the mustard" and a "dig in their hills", but somehow we're worried about Sean's poor grammar.
:adios:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 10, 2017, 11:53:07 AM »
Sorry, crappy first post I know.  I was a long-time Scout user and before that a Rivals user... The new Scout-247-GoPowerCat message board just isn't working.  I am a K-State graduate, multiple generation K-Stater, economist by day and K-State follower by night.
Sounds like the Batman this blog needs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 10, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »
I think it is important for K-Staters to realize this is a difficult decision, with no clear, easy answers.  What tends to happen is that people think their perspective is 100% right (Sean sucks, I trust Bill, etc), without appreciating there are two sides to every coin.  And then people dig in their hills and start posting nasty stuff directly to Sean’s twitter account.  That doesn’t help at all.

This is very true and well said... I do hope that we can critically think about the issue, and I hope that those who have to make the decision are willing to think for themselves, ask the difficult questions and legitimately search the field of qualified candidates.  What worries me are folks who view LHC Bill Snyder as incapable of making a bad or 'blind spot' decision; therefore, since Bill says Sean is the best then no one needs to apply any thought into the equation.  I do agree that the nasty things posted to Sean's account are on the other extreme of too critical and down right mean.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 10, 2017, 02:05:30 PM »
Good Christ, in the last page or two we've had a "pass the mustard" and a "dig in their hills", but somehow we're worried about Sean's poor grammar.

my man
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 10, 2017, 05:43:59 PM »
I believe Seans grammar snafu's are Judy a swipe text issue abs I'm willing to give him a pass.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 10, 2017, 07:37:31 PM »

I got “their”right, though :ROFL:

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 10, 2017, 10:16:46 PM »
who are some coaches that followed their dads? all i can think of is pat knight and sean sutton.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 10, 2017, 11:19:55 PM »
both Scott Drew and Bryce Drew

John Thompson - may have been someone in between, don't remember

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 11, 2017, 12:20:46 AM »
both Scott Drew and Bryce Drew

John Thompson - may have been someone in between, don't remember

i was going to say 2 failed coaches is too small of a sample size, but those names are  :love:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 11, 2017, 06:12:35 AM »
Those are not cases of nepotism, though.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 11, 2017, 07:39:11 AM »
It must be easier in basketball when fathers can pass down bought off AAU coaches to their sons.  Those AAU relationships are fantastic investments.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 11, 2017, 11:08:46 AM »
can somebody please confirm whether Sean played highschool football?  Per his wiki bio, "Snyder earned first-team all-area and second-team all-district honors as a punter and kicker at Greenville High School in Greenville, Texas. He also played baseball."

if this information is inaccurate, Wikipedia needs to know.  and our fans deserve to know. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 11, 2017, 11:47:10 AM »
can somebody please confirm whether Sean played highschool football?  Per his wiki bio, "Snyder earned first-team all-area and second-team all-district honors as a punter and kicker at Greenville High School in Greenville, Texas. He also played baseball."

if this information is inaccurate, Wikipedia needs to know.  and our fans deserve to know.
He didn't go to high school in Iowa? :confused:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 11, 2017, 12:11:37 PM »

Bill and his first wife (and I assume Sean's mom) divorced in 1979, I'm assuming Sean stayed in Texas with her when Snyder moved on to Iowa which was at the same time.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 11, 2017, 12:17:33 PM »

Bill and his first wife (and I assume Sean's mom) divorced in 1979, I'm assuming Sean stayed in Texas with her when Snyder moved on to Iowa which was at the same time.

yep I googled and was coming here to answer myself

https://www.si.com/vault/1998/11/09/251733/miracle-worker-thanks-to-tireless-coach-bill-snyder-once-moribund-kansas-state-not-only-is-a-consistent-winner-but-also-has-the-national-title-within-its-reach

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 11, 2017, 02:55:08 PM »

https://www.si.com/vault/1998/11/09/251733/miracle-worker-thanks-to-tireless-coach-bill-snyder-once-moribund-kansas-state-not-only-is-a-consistent-winner-but-also-has-the-national-title-within-its-reach

Life of Sean

A heartfelt story of a boy who watched his father leave him and his mother to chase his dreams of being a division 1 football coach.  Tune in as we watch this boy struggle through his teens to join his father at the collegiate level as a player first, and then as a coach by his side...constantly seeking his father's approval. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 11, 2017, 09:21:15 PM »
LOSER: KANSAS STATE
LHC Bill Snyder still appears to be clinging to the dream of passing the program on to his son. This has gone from selfish to sad to toxic, as the entire administration at Kansas State is ready for a change. But Snyder, 78, is still living in nepotism fantasyland that his son, Sean, is qualified to take over. That’s hurt the program, which is 20-16 the last three seasons and lacks an identity nationally outside of mediocrity and uncertainty. Every year Snyder stays and tries to bully the handoff to his son further tarnishes his legacy. This is the anti-Frank Beamer succession. (For example: With offensive coordinator Dana Dimel gone to take the UTEP job, what qualified offensive coordinator would want to work under these conditions?) It will be interesting to see if Kansas State administrators have the collective guts to engage with Snyder about his departure after Kansas State’s bowl game on Dec. 26. Snyder has had a great run, as his accomplishments can’t be overstated. But he’s completely unaware of how bad this whole situation looks or simply doesn’t seem to care.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 11, 2017, 09:25:29 PM »
nepotism fantasyland
 :love:

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 11, 2017, 11:21:33 PM »

Life of Sean

A heartfelt story of a boy who watched his father leave him and his mother to chase his dreams of being a division 1 football coach.  Tune in as we watch this boy struggle through his teens to join his father at the collegiate level as a player first, and then as a coach by his side...constantly seeking his father's approval. 

Jesus... I know we're all goEMAW-ing here, but the fact that scenario is even plausible when you spend half a second thinking about it...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:01:18 AM by PurpleOil »

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 12, 2017, 09:43:54 AM »
Some high level ignorance going on in this thread and none of it has to do with coaching football. Jfc.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 14, 2017, 09:32:27 AM »
i'm wavering on my stance of #NeverSean Bill has worn me down. I know he's coming back next year, but i'm to the point where i'd be willing to accept Sean as our coach.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #448 on: December 14, 2017, 10:41:27 AM »
I still strongly prefer we hire a coach outside of the program.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 14, 2017, 11:52:25 AM »
i'm wavering on my stance of #NeverSean Bill has worn me down. I know he's coming back next year, but i'm to the point where i'd be willing to accept Sean as our coach.

lol yeah. I'm just like whatever at this point