Author Topic: A Fine Line  (Read 14678 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: A Fine Line
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »
the idea that a drunk person can't give consent is stupid.  if you voluntarily impair yourself, then whatever you voluntarily decide to do while impaired is your fault.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2017, 12:09:06 PM »
the idea that a drunk person can't give consent is stupid.  if you voluntarily impair yourself, then whatever you voluntarily decide to do while impaired is your fault.

Goodness

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2017, 12:26:59 PM »

Leave it to ol K-S-U to take a hard stance on what is and isn't "real rape"
It is a real problem the way the we are watering down terms to where they don't mean anything anymore. If Harvey Weinstein and George HW Bush both have "sexual assault victims", then the term "sexual assault" doesn't mean anything anymore.  When two drunk people having sex together is called "rape", it minimizes the term to nothingness.

The left has done the same with racism and bigotry of all sorts in recent years.  It's horribly counterproductive to a movement that is well-intentioned.

Why is interpretation of racism a matter of left and right in your mind? Tim Scott has been vocal about being a victim of racism, does that make him a RINO? Also you, as a white man, aren't allowed to determine what's racist and bigoted. You have no base line to know how that feels.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2017, 12:34:35 PM »
Evidently sex is only consensual if all parties involved have entered into a binding contract, both signed and notarized.

this thread  :facepalm:
Yeah consensual sex is really difficult to navigate

:flush:

It sure can be when alcohol is involved and when you take a very restrictive view of consent when alcohol is involved. Which is a lot, on both counts.

Nah, no it can't. Back in the Aggieville days, I hit eject more than once when we were both drinking. If you want to know, you know. The problem is not in the drinking but in the desperation of the male offender.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2017, 01:06:31 PM »
I'd like to do a thought experiment. I'm going to list 10 scenarios. Please tell us which of these scenarios you think are ok and which are definitely not ok and which are maybe just a little bit inappropriate. I am interested to see where some people draw a line and how it differs between people. TIA

1. Two 14 year-olds kiss (with tongue).
Stern talking to from Mom
2. After a year of dating, a 14.9 year-old and a 18.1 year-old have sexual intercourse.
17.1yo dating 13.9yo is almost as mumped up as a 18.1yo rough ridin' a 14.9yo
3. After their a first date (to the prom), an 18 year old year old (Senior) and a 14 year old (Freshman) have sexual intercourse. The Freshman wasn't planning on having sex but didn't protest because the Senior is popular.
Gross-jail the SR
4. Two fast food co-workers fool around after work. This includes removal of pants but no intercourse. One is 16. The other is the 20 year-old shift manager.
Gross-Fire the managet
5. A hot celebrity shows their genitals to a fan back stage in the dressing room. They did not ask permission but the fan smiled. 
Pervert-jail
6. A 28 year-old asks a 14 year-old out on a date.
Pedophile-jail
7. 3 friends are playing strip poker. After most of the clothes are off, one of them forcefully pulls another into a bedroom and locks it. The third has to almost break the door down to get them to stop.
Improbable scenario, and that third "friend" needs a spanking
8. A drunk person forcefully puts his/her hand down the pants of another person without warning.

Happens all the time--guessing if a did it, would be assault, if girl did it would be ok
9. Two drunk people have sex. Neither of them expressed consent. 
Mutual nonconsent=mutual consent
10. As a joke, a person grabs the butt of another person. They are acquaintances but not good friends.
 Lol, wgaf

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2017, 01:13:49 PM »
you, as a white man, aren't allowed to determine what's racist and bigoted.

that's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2017, 01:27:21 PM »

Yes, white people that try to determine what’s racist and bigoted have no basis, and are bad people/ pieces of crap.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2017, 01:48:56 PM »
11. Guy is taking a piss on a tree near the 15th green. Cart girl approaches and sees stream of piss, but not penis. knowing he's exposed, she continues to approach so she can see his peener. Cart girl is 13.999999999 years old. Golfer was told in by the club manager there'd be no beverage cart that day.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2017, 03:28:02 PM »

Thanks to the amazingly thoughtful contribution, you've undoubtedly swayed my opinion.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2017, 03:32:36 PM »

Yes, white people that try to determine what’s racist and bigoted have no basis, and are bad people/ pieces of crap.

What's that all about 27? No one said that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2017, 03:37:47 PM »

Hey sys, I don't want to get into personal stuff but I'm very comfortable making the observation that you're likely a sack of crap. Using that word as a full blown adult is rough ridin' abhorrent, there is literally no reason to use it. I know you are an educated person with a vocabulary more enhanced than your average nine year old so I have a hard time understanding why you would ever use that word.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2017, 03:59:54 PM »
Yeah sys, why can't you use grown up words and phrases?  Like 'sack of crap.'

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2017, 04:20:12 PM »
Yeah sys, why can't you use grown up words and phrases?  Like 'sack of crap.'

If you're too stupid to understand the difference then that's on you, you're not though.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2017, 04:49:37 PM »
Hey sys, I don't want to get into personal stuff but I'm very comfortable making the observation that you're likely a sack of crap. Using that word as a full blown adult is rough ridin' abhorrent, there is literally no reason to use it. I know you are an educated person with a vocabulary more enhanced than your average nine year old so I have a hard time understanding why you would ever use that word.

you, as a mentally normal human, aren't allowed to determine what words are offensive to the mentally impaired.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »

you, as a mentally normal human, aren't allowed to determine what words are offensive to the mentally impaired.

:lol:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »
That was clever. :)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2017, 05:53:00 PM »
NY Times editorial on what would be happening if Hillary would have been elected.

"It is also interesting to speculate: If Hillary were in the Oval, would some women have failed to summon the courage to tell their Weinstein horror stories because the producer was also a power behind the Clinton throne? As Janice Min, the former editor of The Hollywood Reporter, told me, when Barack Obama stepped off a stage and into Weinstein’s arms for a big hug after giving a $400,000 speech as an ex-president in the spring, it sent a signal that the ogre was in a protected magic circle."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2017, 05:59:02 PM »

Is that what you were attempting to do? If so maybe I gave you too much credit for being smart. 8 man was talking about people, specifically leftists, weaponizing racism. My point was it's easy to dismiss any claim of racism on its face if you have never been a victim of it. A white person calling a black person a n-word is unquestionably racist, no one would argue against it, you don't have to be black to know that. Your little device falls flat for me because like saying n-word, calling someone Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) is inarguably awful because our society has been told so over and over again.

If I said I felt the salesman a brooks brothers is racist because he followed me around at a distance without actually helping me. There would inevitably be people who would defend the salesman, or minimize my feelings, because they've never been in that position. If I said the the same salesman called me a n-word no one would justify that.

If a person with Down syndrome said they were being mistreated because someone told then they were brave, there would be confusion about why that would make someone feel less than. If that same person said they were called a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) there would be universal condemnation for the person who said it.

I won't change a single persons mind on this or even cause someone to think a bit more critical about it, that's fine, it's my fault for treating people here differently than I would any other group of internet strangers. I'll try to be better.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2017, 06:28:47 PM »
You should have more faith in people, MIR. If you really think white people who have not been the subject of racism cannot contribute to the conversation, then why wouldn’t the same apply to sexual assault or police violence?

Really, it sounds very similar to people like Wacky criticizing Kaepernick because he was raised by white parents and is rich.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2017, 06:42:41 PM »

I was agreeing with you, and then added the last part because I believe it.

Al Sharpton has said that the most despicable people he has ever dealt with are the white liberals that patronize him.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:21:29 PM by gatoveintisiete »
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2017, 07:47:18 PM »
If a bunch of white people think something isn't racist toward black folks, but one black person does, I think that one black person gets veto power in the racist/not racist dispute. I also think that's what MiR was trying to get at.

I'm not sure if the one black person gets to do the same int the reverse situation where the whites think something isn't racist but one black does not. :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 19, 2017, 07:50:32 PM »
If a bunch of white people think something isn't racist toward black folks, but one black person does, I think that one black person gets veto power in the racist/not racist dispute.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2017, 07:57:38 PM »
You should have more faith in people, MIR. If you really think white people who have not been the subject of racism cannot contribute to the conversation, then why wouldn’t the same apply to sexual assault or police violence?

Really, it sounds very similar to people like Wacky criticizing Kaepernick because he was raised by white parents and is rich.

I was agreeing with you, and then added the last part because I believe it.

Al Sharpton has said that the most despicable people he has ever dealt with are the white liberals that patronize him.

Thank you both for questions/statements that allow me to clarify.
It isn't that white people can't observe what's racism and what's not. However, it can be very difficult for a white person to understand why a person of color perceives a certain situation as racist because they've never been in that situation or felt that feeling. It's a lot easier to dismiss these feelings as playing the race card or trying to score political points or whatever other dismissal that can be mustered up. Yes, white people absolutely have the ability/capacity to be sympathetic, I was specifically addressing the ability/capacity to be dismissive.

And cat27, I do not believe that a lack of racial sympathy always or even most of the time, equates to the offender being a bad person/piece of crap. I do wish people of color didn't have to work so hard to be believed when we talk about racism.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 19, 2017, 08:08:08 PM »
If a bunch of white people think something isn't racist toward black folks, but one black person does, I think that one black person gets veto power in the racist/not racist dispute. I also think that's what MiR was trying to get at.

I'm not sure if the one black person gets to do the same int the reverse situation where the whites think something isn't racist but one black does not. :dunno:

The issue with white people determining racism in black people is that some have started to weaponize/bastardize what racism is. I had a dude tell me that Obama saying "if I had a son he'd look like Trayvon Martin" was racist towards. Same dude said Al Sharpton believing Twana Brawley was also racist. That's extreme but our mainstream is filled with many white people claiming racism whenever Shaun King, Bomani Jones, Ta-Nehisi Coates, etc. point out injustice. Look at how many people call Jemele Hill racist, it's ridiculous.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2017, 08:13:37 PM »
If a bunch of white people think something isn't racist toward black folks, but one black person does, I think that one black person gets veto power in the racist/not racist dispute.

Yeah, p Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). That rule only makes sense if you're unwilling/unable to evaluate situations yourself. If Michigancat means in a group discussion, I understand his point; there's no doubt that would be considered taboo. But if he means in the cool reflection of his private thoughts, that's pretty disappointing and not at all productive. Racism is a virus that should be identified and targeted wherever it exists, but an essential element of that is precise diagnosis. Enabling hysteria--or stifling critical thought--will do more harm than good. I doubt we'll ever be able to get rid of it root-and-stem, but I do think that younger generations are far more tolerant, and over the next decades we will make great strides. But it will require critical thought, which Michigancat's rule does not promote. In the end, it (bigotry) is really an arbitrary thing, and I think observation and honest discussion can mitigate it, with the benefit of time.