Author Topic: Voter ID  (Read 28771 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Voter ID
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2014, 10:41:54 PM »
Voter ID laws are unconstitutional and akin to Jim Crow laws
yeah not what my argument has been for pages, but thanks for making crap up again.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2014, 06:24:10 AM »
Voter ID laws are unconstitutional and akin to Jim Crow laws
yeah not what my argument has been for pages, but thanks for making crap up again.

Haven't made that argument for PAGES
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2014, 06:33:03 AM »
I support voter ID in principle, but the other side supports it to rig elections. Cause racism.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2014, 07:33:36 AM »
I support voter ID in principle, but the other side supports it to rig elections. Cause racism.

I haven't said that in over 8 hours, you blatant liar.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2014, 11:42:34 AM »
Voter fraud? Three words: Senator Al Franken. Coleman originally won by a scant 200 votes, but a recount flipped the script, giving Franken an equally miniscule lead. And, oddly, a number of heavily Democrat precints recorded greater than 100% turnout. Hmmm....

Elections have consequences. Stealing elections also have consequences. Stuart Smalley's election temporarily gave the Democrats a veto-proof majority and helped usher in such turd legislation as Obamacare.

This man is a U.S. Senator
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2014, 12:39:01 PM »
what about this one?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2014, 12:58:31 PM »
what about this one?

Not sure what that has to do with voter fraud. But anyway, it's kinda funny when moderates like O'Conner and Kennedy are considered "right wing" with some sort of partisan bent just because they were Republican appointees. So was Souter for crying out loud.

Florida newspapers continued the recount after the SC's decision, and found that Bush actually increased his lead. Gore did not win Florida, and it wouldn't have even mattered if he had managed to carry his own home state. But again, what's this have to do with voter fraud?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:02:14 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2014, 01:32:59 PM »
what about this one?

Not sure what that has to do with voter fraud. But anyway, it's kinda funny when moderates like O'Conner and Kennedy are considered "right wing" with some sort of partisan bent just because they were Republican appointees. So was Souter for crying out loud.

Florida newspapers continued the recount after the SC's decision, and found that Bush actually increased his lead. Gore did not win Florida, and it wouldn't have even mattered if he had managed to carry his own home state. But again, what's this have to do with voter fraud?

about as much as Al Franken's 2008 election has to do with voter iD.

What you're doing now is conflating an entirely separate issue of "fraud" which almost exclusively occurs with the people or organizations tasked with receiving, counting, overseeing, reporting, i.e. "processing" votes and the alleged issue of "voter ID" which is done on an individual or supposed small group level at the the ballot box.

Stricter voter ID requirements are not a rational solution for anyone who's legitimately concerned about election fraud
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:09:32 PM by Paul Moscow »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2014, 02:27:54 PM »
edn the only person flinging partisan rhetoric all over the walls is you.   

Again, you keep flinging out "mythical problem" and I keep pointing the factual reality that clearly says numerous times over that there have been Presidents of this country who rose to that seat of power on the back of voter fraud.

Why cant any of you 3 pay attention to my points.  All of you are inventing windmills. I mean this isnt even fun anymore.

The issue us what potential fraud could be prevented with these laws.  The fact is these laws do more to keep more legit people out of the voting booth than illegit people.  Go back and read my posts.  Im not against vpter id.  In against Kobach planned id laws which steal votes.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2014, 09:25:55 AM »
What

A

rough ridin'

Lunatic

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2014, 09:28:51 AM »
what about this one?

about as much as Al Franken's 2008 election has to do with voter iD.

What you're doing now is conflating an entirely separate issue of "fraud" which almost exclusively occurs with the people or organizations tasked with receiving, counting, overseeing, reporting, i.e. "processing" votes and the alleged issue of "voter ID" which is done on an individual or supposed small group level at the the ballot box.

Stricter voter ID requirements are not a rational solution for anyone who's legitimately concerned about election fraud

Nothing says conflating an issue like a graphic [incorrectly] depicting the popular vote as compared to a supreme court case that said Florida gets to choose who their electoral votes go to.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2014, 07:33:48 AM »
I'm all for Voter ID, but I'm going to then claim that voter fraud is a myth and then use the actions of a few to try and convince you that we don't need them, while then saying, again, that I am for them.

Check-Got it.   Thanks edn

As Edna has explained quite clearly, she can support voter ID because her intentions are pure, whereas everyone on the right just wants to disenfranchise minorities.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2014, 03:59:15 PM »
So it really isn't a big deal to hand out massive numbers of ID cards.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2014, 08:02:42 PM »

Disparate impact on minorities tho

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2014, 01:54:31 AM »
lol you don't know who can vote

double lols
Breitbart.com first reported on the planned solicitation.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2014, 09:00:30 AM »

Of course, these wouldn't count as voter IDs. But this news story raises another interesting question - could this story be just another clever ruse by the Obama admin? Issue the RFP as a subtle wink to the immigration activists and liberal base that the floodgates will open after the election in an effort to shore up midterm turnout? I think it might be, because any sweeping executive "amnesty" would further damage the President's approval and the Democrat Party heading into 2016. As much as I think Obama would really like to eff over the Clintons, his signature legislative achievement - Obamacare - is in significant danger if the Dems don't win the 2016 elections. I think this whole executive amnesty talk is a bluff.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2014, 09:03:08 AM »

Of course, these wouldn't count as voter IDs. But this news story raises another interesting question - could this story be just another clever ruse by the Obama admin? Issue the RFP as a subtle wink to the immigration activists and liberal base that the floodgates will open after the election in an effort to shore up midterm turnout? I think it might be, because any sweeping executive "amnesty" would further damage the President's approval and the Democrat Party heading into 2016. As much as I think Obama would really like to eff over the Clintons, his signature legislative achievement - Obamacare - is in significant danger if the Dems don't win the 2016 elections. I think this whole executive amnesty talk is a bluff.

You know that "amnesty for illegals" doesn't give them immediate citizenship and the right to vote, right?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2014, 09:11:24 AM »

You know that "amnesty for illegals" doesn't give them immediate citizenship and the right to vote, right?

Yes, I do know that. Why do you ask?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2014, 08:39:49 AM »
File under "what liberals really think of blacks": http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/20/Justice-Department-Expert-Witness-Blacks-less-sophisticated

Charles Stewart, a political scientist was retained by the Justice Department to testify against voter identification laws and other election integrity measures.  His testimony argued that ending same day voter registration and requiring voters to vote in the precinct where they live constitutes racial discrimination.

When asked if terminating the ability to register to vote on the day that someone casts a ballot impacts blacks disproportionately, Stewart testified in court that it did. Stewart:

It's also the case that -- well, yes, so it would, empirically more likely affect African Americans. Also, understanding within political science, that people who register to vote the closer and closer one gets to Election Day tend to be less sophisticated voters, tend to be less educated voters, tend to be voters who are less attuned to public affairs. That also tells me from the literature of political science that there are likely to be people who will end up not registering and not voting. People who correspond to those factors tend to be African Americans, and, therefore, that's another vehicle through which African Americans would be disproportionately affected by this law.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »
Libs love to put individuals in neat little boxes based on skin color and race so they can pick them off the shelf when they have a need.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2014, 09:05:41 AM »
Libs love to put individuals in neat little boxes based on skin color and race so they can pick them off the shelf when they have a need.

Sadly, it's just not that easy to "pick them up off the shelf" to go vote. According to Obama, you first have to convince the Cousin Pookies to set down their crack pipes.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2014, 12:40:58 PM »
You are genuinely a gigantic piece of crap
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2014, 01:18:21 PM »
You are genuinely a gigantic piece of crap

I'm just using the President's own representation of Democrat voters. If you've got a problem, take it up with him.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile